April 27, 2024, 02:03:09 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Can any one give me some info on valve adjustment on a 08 V rod

Started by artco1993, May 07, 2012, 08:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artco1993

My friend of 50 years has a 08 V-rod with 16,000 on it he wants help doing the the first valve adjustment and was wondering what problems i might avoid by checking on this forum.  I have a 93 FXDWG and do all my own wrenching ..... ART  thanks in advance for any help.... :scratch:

Hal64hd

This is not your Air Cooled Harley, Valve adjustment is quite involved. You will need a factory manual and engine needs to be lowered to gain access to cam covers. As far as adjustment The VRSC uses shims under bucket to obtain the valve lash (which requires cam removal if adjustment needed) There is a lot more info on 1130cc.com.

artco1993

Yes he has the H-D factory manual ...   And I believe he will need the valve shims changed, he has noticed a power loss lately ,  It seems that my 93 dyna is almost as fast as his bike  and he hates that a lot  :hyst: And thanks for the info What i was looking for was  any pit falls that i might run into ....  Thanks  ART.....