April 27, 2024, 08:13:47 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

New Buell owner

Started by Krash_K, May 09, 2012, 01:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krash_K

Hi i got myself a beautiful year 2000 M2 Cyclone shiny Black carbon race air cleaner & an australian made Sainless steel performance muff. its got full service history & i gave it a check over myself & service. got it Monday & i'll be up in them Hills for a 600k run this saturday. love them tubers.
cheers

garyajaz

cool.  have fun.
and be safe. unless you familiar with very good front brake,
be extra careful

Krash_K

thanks i'll be just going easy getting the feel of the bike.
i've ridden M2's & S1's & XB12's before i also drag race 7 got over 40 years riding experience ( 64 years old ).
let you know what she feel's like. but the ol Boomerang shift is not that slick, still will get used to it, love the look of the Tube Frame Buell's.they are different .

Krash_K

this Buell is so easy to ride in twisties & long distance love it. don't think i'll ride my twin cam dyna much now as it don't feel safe too heavy to ride hard in corners. this Buell is good no ackes or pains i just felt as freash getting home as when i left after 700k round trip only stopped for gas.

garyajaz

cool.  sounds like you had fun.
i have several harlies and many bikes.
the Buell is my first pick for anything under 100 miles.
any more and 2nd chooice is for the more comfy FXDX 03.
then last is ironhead...lol....

Krash_K

hey Gary sounds like you love bikes like i do. well i don't know but i have about 5 friends with Buell's here in Australia two of them have about 6 different model Buell's between them. one friend has a XB12 lightning 07 year, another has a 2010 Ulysese, another has a S1 White lightning, S3 THunderstorm & a 09 Ulysese. yesturday i road 300k (180mile) to meet my friend with the 2010 Ulysese we compared our bikes & my M2 cyclone very much like ulysese in the seating it has a large seat it only weighes in @ 450 pound dry has a larger gas tank than the Ulysese ( about one gallon more ) just Ulysese has higher bars with upright screen the Cyclone just has the wind defector in front of the speedo & flat bars. we road 400k(220mile) and got back to Sydney around mid afternoon i only stopped for Gas we did last 240K (130mile ) non stop very twisty mountain roads. this is the first ride i've taken the Cyclone on & i felt as good when i got home as when i left. my Dyna does everything & has full Race Tech, a guy here thats a race tech agent did the forks & ordered the Race Tech shocks ( mostly for drag racing. i've got a lot of weight off the Dyna but its still 590 pound with 95 cube carb i've ridden that bike on very long runs also ridden it 1,100k (600mile) to race then road same distance home. the Cyclone felt just as compfotable but much lighter more relaxed on our roads we have maxium speed limit here in Australia of about 70mph so probably different. i've been from Texas to South Dakota, though Tenn, NC,SC,georgia FL, AL, Missisppi, louisiana Ark. Texas was very much like my state of New South Wales , just in the south of this state we have Alpine region & some real twisty roads, so riding a bike light that handleds easy is less tirring to me as your always taking a corner & hitting bumpy spots. hard to explaine. but i always ride solo, so that might be why i see it this way. still love riding & love all bikes.
Cheers Gary

garyajaz

havent heard from you in a bit.
how is the bike doing?
are we having fun yet?