April 28, 2024, 02:28:49 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

94 FxR front motor mount part# has it been up graded?

Started by Reddog74usa, January 26, 2009, 06:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reddog74usa

when I enter the part# 16207-79b on the Zonatti site it comes up as part not found. Is there a newer part number?
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

14Frisco

Reddog74usa

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Buddy WMC

January 27, 2009, 02:01:25 AM #3 Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 01:49:06 PM by Buddy WMC
RD,
Depends on what you are looking for. I read that some other guys really like the Buell front mount. Not sure if it's a little harder or softer, but it might be worth checking into. BTW, it will be made in China hope it's not like the drywall and toys coming over here :wtf:

There are also no installation instructions included. The mount installs opposite, or upside down from the older style. I have the service bulletin that HD sent to the dealers when they recalled the older style mounts.

Reddog74usa

Buddy, Thanks for the update on the install. Didin't know about the upside down. I ordered the mount from Zanotti yesterday. Made in China? Whoe'd a thunk it :wtf:
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Buddy WMC

RD,
HD service bulletin #M-182 dated 12-01-05, new style mount is to be installed with the flat plate topside and the larger OD at the bottom. This was for the 16207-79C that I purchased about six months ago from my local dealer. Apparently an improved "D" model is now available. Maybe the improvement is production has shifted from Nanking to Bejing  :teeth:.

I found out the hard way about the installation difference after the new mount cracked after two weeks. My local HD dealer would not warranty the part as they did not install it. After I reminded the parts manager that they will not work on EVO'S and showed him the servcice bulletin, they sold me a new one at 30% off.

FSG

Said HD service bulletin # M-1182 dated 12-01-05 can be found in the, HarleyTechTalk > Documents & FAQ's > Instruction Sheets that have been found > HD > Service Bulletins  SECTION

http://harleytechtalk.net/htt/index.php?topic=494.0

Reddog74usa

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT