April 27, 2024, 03:35:03 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

new Buell

Started by garyajaz, November 05, 2008, 08:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garyajaz

new Buells?
went to our local dealer (80 miles away) . passed 5 H.D. dealers in route.
alll they had on floor was one XB.  none of the new  ones.
waited for a salesman to finish his coffee.  15 mins later i told him i was interested in new Buell.  he gave me a discusted look and said as soon as that one is sold thats it...
they not ordering any more. 
how about a v-rod???
if i wanted a v-rod i would have asked for one...
also no parts in stock...  feel like a step child...
has any one rode one yet??  are they really out there?

i like my 03 lightning but having to buy the simplest things like oil filter from napa,
and head light bulb on line and the attitude of the harley shops that seem to hate the bike...  was thinking the new motor might be the plan...  but then maybe not..

JK

A while ago corporate HD stated at a dealer meeting that dealers with that attitude should give up the Buell line.  Your experience is exactly why.  It hurts the brand!

panhead_dan

If they have to order the part, I'll shop around and get the part faster and probably cheaper elsewhere. There are dealerships that keep parts in stock but the one closest to me is not one of them. You might say that I choose to support dealerships that keep parts in stock. Dealerships that sell Buells but don't have the simplest part like an oil filter or a clutch lever can pound sand. The internet has changed the playing field.
I don't know where yopu live but it pays to find a good dealership before you buy a Buell.

help-u2

since the new Buells are rotax motors do you think harley dosent care anymore?
or did they ever care??  when i made the long treck to my local Buell dealer (riding past harley dealers) they also had no supply of simple parts.  wanted me to pay in advance for simple maint parts, then drive back to get them a week later.  screw that.  found better on line..
makes me want to just jump right out and buy anouther one  ....NOT...

Killer

Hey help-u2, show that gas guzzling buell again…  ;)
Admit nothing, Deny everything, Demand proof, and Make counter-accusations!

help-u2

sure.   not only thirsty, notice the nitrous bottle

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

PoorUB

Quote from: garyajaz on November 05, 2008, 08:17:55 AM
new Buells?
went to our local dealer (80 miles away) . passed 5 H.D. dealers in route.
alll they had on floor was one XB.  none of the new  ones.

Wow! That sucks!!
Here in tropical North Dakota there is a Buell dealer in Jamestown that stocks quite a few Buells, offered a test ride one day, but I am not in the market right now. Also the HD dealer in Sioux Falls, SD has a few in stock. Also a few dealers in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area have them in stock.
Buells are the bastard step child of the HD line. Compared to the rest of the line HD sells very few Buells so I would expect parts would be order only.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

help-u2

rode past local harley dealer today.
big 18 wheeler with factory colors there.  lots of people.  big doings.
so i stopped.  seems its factory demo ride day. cool.
looked at bikes.  sorta wanted to ride the new Buell  1125 hot rod.
nope, not a one.
wanna ride a v-rod?  no how about the new buell???
they looked at me like i just took a crap in their cheeroies.
you want a Buell?   well yes.   nope.  not one on the truck.
oh.... i left...

panhead_dan

The same thing happened to me a couple of months ago only I went ahead and rode a Crossbones.
It seems they frown on the dragging of floorbards for some reason. :embarrassed:

mark61

Beginning of October I was in the local HD shop. Needed to take a leak while driving past. Looked over the Cross Bones. Owner and assistant/nephew ask "ready for a new bike? it has been 8 years".  I said damn right! Where's the buells? I want a Ulisys!   Owner  just looked at me then walked a way- he is an "old school" meaning her was in business at the right time for every idiot with credit to come running to him....Nephew says "I told him we need to get them back".  Waiting  to see.....

mark61

panhead_dan

I recieved an email promo from Buell today.
It seems they are offering the new 1125's for $O down. I didn't examine the details.

help-u2

lol panhead. i had cash money and could not buy one..

mark61

Pan-Dan ,
       I got that promo too. It is if you buy a new 2008  never been titled bike only. Trying to get them out the door to free up floor space for the 09's.

mark61

stick70

Speaking of the Demo Days, We had the Buell demo truck come around this past fall in Roanoke VA. They had 2 1125's plus a Uly and several XB's. It was a great day of 1/2 hour rides. Our dealer-RVHD seems pretty siupportive of the Buell brand.

Stick

help-u2

been hunting all over arizona last month or so chasing rumors on which dealer might have new one to sell.... huh.. hunting to pay money?
anyway a local dealer salesman told me tuscon (150 miles away) had 4 in stock.  he actually sat on one.  but they not on floor cause of a recall...
so much for new buell.  ducatis and triumphs everywhere...

4DWUDS

Help U2, did you try Prescot, I was up there about 6 months ago to test ride a new Uly, they had about 6 brand new 08' 1125's and 2 uly's.
To Err is human, To Forgive Divine. Neither of which is Marine Corps Policy.

help-u2

4D if by prescott you mean the shop in mayer yes,  they had one XB and when gone they done with Buell.
do not know of shop in prescott proper..

4DWUDS

Yep, that's the one I was talking about. I don't understand why Buell's are such a hard sell, when you look at the used market, the people selling them are real proud of them and the prices show. Saw a dealer in Casa Grande trying to get 8K for a 06 lightning. Seemed a little steep to me even from a dealer. I was looking at Uly's last month and there was a dealer in New Mexico that still had new 06's on the floor, $8985
To Err is human, To Forgive Divine. Neither of which is Marine Corps Policy.