April 27, 2024, 10:56:59 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

GPS devices

Started by carolinayarddog, January 27, 2009, 09:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carolinayarddog

A builder here in central FL caught a thief taking from his homesite by putting a GPS device in a drill; police were able to track it right to the crook's trunk.  Paper said it was the kind used to track lost dogs.
Anybody using these?  Sounds like a great idea for a bike or a cage

RK101

Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

seattledyna

JamLazyAss

Quote from: carolinayarddog on January 27, 2009, 09:58:31 AM
A builder here in central FL caught a thief taking from his homesite by putting a GPS device in a drill; police were able to track it right to the crook's trunk.  Paper said it was the kind used to track lost dogs.
Anybody using these?  Sounds like a great idea for a bike or a cage

Can you post the story or where the story originated?
I'm sure everyone would like to know the details re the GPS used.
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

Tsani

"plus monthly service fee"

Ya may as well get ready for tho, this will be what they use to have ya pay road usage taxes in the very near future!
ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

carolinayarddog

I read the story this morning in the online edition of the Tampa Tribune; however I could not relocate it, probably because of Super Bowl coverage, State Farm news, arrest of another billionaire hedge fund crook, etc, edging out its space.

I do remember there were no other specifics on the device, but it's probably similar to the on the link posted by seattledyna for tracking dogs

"I ain't as young as I used to be, and I was pretty old then"