April 28, 2024, 06:37:42 AM

News:

Makes you wonder?

Started by Panzer, January 27, 2009, 10:49:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panzer

I ran across this while looking up coinage on the net.
Wonder what Wal-Mart is selling?
Makes you wonder........read on................

Many Chinese counterfeit goods are shoddy or dangerous, using low-grade components or ingredients. Chinese imports into the U.S. in general account for more than 60 percent of product recalls by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. Chinese consumers also suffer from shoddy counterfeits. Horrible incidents have been reported multiple times in the news of dozens to hundreds of Chinese babies dying or getting sick after being fed counterfeit baby formula, laced with a deadly chemical to make a diluted product appear to have a higher protein content.

In the 2008 Olympics, China engaged in deception in front of the entire world with astonishing arrogance. It faked the age of its female gymnists and contended that children wearing costumes of different ethnic groups in a "national unity" parade consisted of ethnic minorities when in fact, as it was later revealed, the children were all of the Han majority.

China is a developing country and doesn't appear to recognize international law regarding intellectual property. To the Chinese, copying is entrepreneurship, with copyrights, trademarks, and patents being foreign concepts and largely ignored. Chinese society as a whole in its energetic drive toward economic prosperity seems to have chosen fakery as a shortcut, ignoring conventions in the rest of the civilized world.

Little regard when some do it to their own.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

blk-betty

Yep

From what little I know that sounds pretty accurate accept to add that conterfeiting is probably strongly discouraged by the government as they are trying to reach a level of credibility but they don't have the regulatory bodies and manpower to stop counterfeiting.
Mark  '12 Road Glide Custom
Coastal SC

FLH

Hmmm. I don't know. I'm thinking that much of that counterfeit stuff is made right in state run factories. I don't trust any of em. They'll shake your hand while stepping on your foot.

triumphbruce

can you spell communist propaganda