May 02, 2024, 06:30:45 AM

News:

RE - MAPPING

Started by Blackadder, January 27, 2009, 12:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackadder

Ive just stripped down my 05 nighttrain to put in the new Hydrolic cam shoes with Andrews 21N cams also going to have some head work done before it goes back together, could anyone advise me on whether i will have to have it re-mapped and what the best options are ie. power commander ect. The only fueling device i have is a SE Race Fueler not sure whether this will be much use. The bike has been stage one tuned.

PC_Hater

The bike should run without being tuned, but it will run better if it is tuned.
I fitted Andrews 21G cams into a Stage 1 88" bike that I thought had a Stage 1 EFI download. Turns out it didn't, but the bike ran with no signs of distress - just not 'right'.
The bike ran better with the Stage 1 download.
It ran better again with a PowerCommander.
Then I had 'fun' twiddling with maps, now I have one of the canned maps and it runs even better but it will go on a dyno soon.

I have never even seen an SE Race Fueler, but if that name means anything it ought to allow you to get the bike running quite well.
Then there are the simple add a bit of fuel DFO type things, and the Power Commander.
As you have the race fueler start with that. Expect a trip to the dyno at some time if only for peace of mind!
1942 WLA45 chop, 1999 FLTR(not I), 2000 1200S