April 27, 2024, 04:58:26 AM

News:

Knuck head on 68 shovel motor

Started by telricks, January 27, 2009, 06:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

telricks

Crazy project, but have the heads, were relieved for fire ring and  drilled for pan jugs back when. I know if using shovel
lifter blocks the cam will be an issue. Thought about instead of pan jugs use shovel if I could modify knuck head to part drain through jug, if not, drill lifter blocks drain one size larger to let return like a knuckle.
Anybody been there done that?

ricochet

Sounds interesting.  I think to get the heads to drain like a knuckle you'ld have to have a knuckle lower end or make yours like one to develop the vacuum through the lifter blocks (chanels and different breather gear?).  Is it possible to just go from the tubes exiting the tins right to the lower end or another port with vacuum and scavenging?  Internally would be cool like a pan but drilling those heads would only weaken the castings if it can be done at all.  I'd go right from the bottom of the tins with 4 small diameter tubing into one or two lines to the flywheel inspection plug.  These are just thoughts though.  I have not performed any of these mods.

ricochet

telricks

:up: That's more realistic, my though was first was that, combine them up high, using like a Y, and take one line back to the port where the stock primary would connect. You know that has plenty of vacuum to pull oil from primary to recirculate
that dirty oil back into your engine.