FUDGE THE KOOLAIDE- Time for some Whiskey Tuning

Started by wurk_truk, May 29, 2012, 07:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herko

I'll say it once more and then leave it since I doubt anyone will actually listen anyway. You want to use the fastest sample rate possible on the street.
Frank.
I am listening. Respect what what you write. This may be one of those things whereby I locked in on a personal paradigm of "my initially learned info" that I need to rethink. Something that a good bourbon, cigar, printed wisdom and some reading time will cure for me.

After all, hard to not respect a guy that wrote a tuning program (MyTune) primarily with the intent of good will along with the needed betterment of Harley EFI operation.
Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.

ToBeFrank

Quote from: Herko on July 03, 2012, 02:08:39 PMAfter all, hard to not respect a guy that wrote a tuning program (MyTune) primarily with the intent of good will along with the needed betterment of Harley EFI operation.

Actually, you are the reason MyTune exists. It originally existed in algorithm form as a command line tool. You may not remember, but in early 2008 you and I emailed back and forth because you had read my posts about the algorithm, and you wanted to try it with the dyno. I sent it to you, but unfortunately the command line was too much of a turn off (and I don't blame you). It was then that I realized it could be useful for other people if it was easy to use. So I owe you a thanks!  :smile:

wurk_truk

July 03, 2012, 03:12:58 PM #102 Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 03:25:21 PM by wurk_truk
How about a TPS based DBW tune?  205 cals?

I will admit that as a DIYer, TTS is a really great tool.  But the further 'out there' one gets on a build, one needs to keep an open mind and be willing to try out new and different things.  THAT is what the title of this thread is really all about anyways...

I have talked to Herko at great length about this very thread, and we both agree that we would TRULY like to see something new and different come about with this group of fellas that actually furthers ALL of our knowledge.  We have Frank, Steve, Jim, John, me, Jason, and Ron all in one thread and NOBODY is fighting yet.  Hope it stays that way.

Oh No!

ToBeFrank

Quote from: wurk_truk on July 03, 2012, 03:12:58 PM
How about a TPS based DBW tune?  205 cals?

Oops, yes. I shouldn't have said non-DBW bikes. The requirement is that the VE table has to be TPS based so a DBW bike with a TPS VE table should work.

QuoteI will admit that as a DIYer, TTS is a really great tool.  But the further 'out there' one gets on a build, one needs to keep an open mind and be willing to try out new and different things.  THAT is what the title of this thread is really all about anyways...

Agreed. There is definitely more than one way to tune a bike.

QuoteI have talked to Herko at great length about this very thread, and we both agree that we would TRULY like to see something new and different come about with this group of fellas that actually furthers ALL of our knowledge.

I'm curious what you guys would like to see?

strokerjlk

Good stuff
Frank i am with john i really dont know if what your saying is a problem?
The software has always been faithfull to me. As i have said before ..i learned alot from what went on in 08 as well.you and steve going  back and forth gave me a lot to look at as well. I thank you for that.
I see what you are saying about the software taking time for a street tuner. Yes it can.
I only use i on the street for trikes and problem bikes anymore. But when you are street tuning you have nothing but time..LOL. actually if you use it right you dont need to bring in more files. That is just for fine fine tuning IMO
On the dyno you just keep one file going real time until you flash,no big deal. Then fine tune from there with another file.
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

strokerjlk

Phone wouldnt let me get the last line in.
Frank thanks for showing back up you bring a lot to the table
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

Sporty 48

ToBeFrank,
I think I emailed you a couple of years ago about Sportsters.
Went to your website but did not see.
Does your Mytune work on Sportys yet?
A Sportster, Bird-dogs and an old Airstream, How Sweet It Is.

ToBeFrank

Should work if they're closed loop or use the TwinScan.

hrdtail78

Semper Fi