April 27, 2024, 09:28:02 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

magneto key lock questions

Started by LilBill, January 28, 2009, 10:33:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilBill

how does the key lock work on fairbanks mags ? are there any parts available for the locks ?

Pynzo

January 28, 2009, 03:32:00 PM #1 Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 03:38:00 PM by Pynzo
The lock grounds out the magneto- no spark in off position. Antique Cycle Supply has the lock cylinder and key 29646-62, and the insulating block 29590-62 listed in their online catalog, page 59. If you can't get the parts, Morris Magneto sells a top with a barrel key switch that works on the same principal. J&P sells it for $85 part #381-011, I use it and it works real nice.

LilBill

saltcaveminer

i found some info on the locks.will post if all works.Salty

saltcaveminer

the fairbanks morse magneto has a chicago lock installed.the lock number is stamped on the tumbler cylinder.(it will be a llxxx)once you have the number go to www.easykeys.com and search for that chicago lock number.i just bought one for a mag and it works.also you can purchase replacement tumblers and a cylinder pull key.Salty