May 01, 2024, 01:47:09 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2" Drag Pipes

Started by Scooter, January 28, 2009, 02:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scooter

I've been running two inch drag pipes on the old pan since 1976.  I've had two sets, both, I think, from Drag Specialties.
Well, my "new" set is at least 20 years old and is getting pretty shabby.
Anyone know where I can get new 2" Drag Pipes?  (Everyplace I ask says pans don't need two inches, but I LIKE IT!)

iiggii

I like them to -could not find them again -so i made a set out of 2 inch stainless. :idea:

stroker800

Cut the flange off of an evo or shovel and design the clamps as needed..
Dave

scotty-48

I don't know for sure if they still have them, but I got my last set from JP Cycles,Animosa Iowa, Good quality pipes ,Didn't blue or rust.....Scotty

Scooter

JP Cycles does have some decent (pricey) stuff and they seem to be pretty good people.
But, they also told me that my Pan doesn't need 2" pipes.

(It's not what I need; it's what I want.)

ramv102000

Don't you just love when people tell you what you should have on YOUR bike?
Randy

poorbiker

Thats funny cause I just finished a stroked Pan of about 95" and am running 1-3/4 drags with sluggish results. About 2800 miles on build. I thought maybe exhaust was to open so I added a 8" baffle, it wouldnt hardly run, choked it off, cut baffles in two and reinstalled, not much better. I am now thinkin I might need to go up two 2" drags. Think the 1-3/4" is still chokin it off. Any thoughts............
"Effort takes no talent"

ricochet

poorbiker,  did you have any head work done in addition to stroking the motor?  Curious as to how it's breathing?

ricochet

poorbiker

ricochet,
yes I did, it doesnt seem to breath that well. I have to run a nearly wide open air cleaner, with very large filter or it doesnt get enough air. Has bothered me since getting it done. Running s&s super e, jetted correct. Very strange which has made me think of a larger exhaust..
"Effort takes no talent"

flhswingarm

I'm a refugee from the shovel board that just popped in to see wut kinda chit chat 's goin on.........I put 2' drags on my sled when I built it a few years back....... ran em for couple years till they got dinged up........the shop I was using at the time "Oh you need 1 3/4" .......I read the same chit somewhere so bought em and put em on.... Ha.......ran like it had a governor...............no poop at all...........The shop dude tells me"rejet".........."give em time".......I did rejet and tweak, n gave them a chance.......... went dumpster diving and found my old pipes ......put em on and Whammo.. got my girl back better n ever... so much for 1 3/4 theory

wild bill