May 08, 2024, 01:13:11 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

whats the most gas you have ...

Started by nicadocius22, June 25, 2012, 04:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wavlovr1

Quote from: codyshop on June 25, 2012, 04:41:18 PM
I don't remember how much it took, but I was in the Red Desert and hit reserve (my own damned fault).  Then reserve ran out so I leaned the bike to the left against a tree and got what was in the right side over to the left and clamped the crossover with a pair on needlenose vicegrips.  I ran out about six miles later and coasted into the first gas station I'd seen in over two hours.

Now that's what I call making good use of da noggin... I'll have to remember that.... Note to self; put visegrips in tool pouch..

jb

maineultraclassic

I've put 5.3.. in a few times, sputtered into the gas station and wiped the sweat from my brow.

I don't like doing it, but sometimes it just happens when you are in areas without gas stations.

Steve
2005 Ultra Classic
95" Powered by Big Boyz,Woods,Doherty,TTS,Fatcat,Hillside TB

jambo

I dont trust what the pumps say, put 16 gal in a 16 gal tank when it had over a quarter tank of gas left. Went in and complained but the person behind the counter really had no control. Ive ran into this serveral times. I dont think you get a gallon for a gallon. Thats wth its so cheap. :scratch:

Ken R

Quote from: jambo on July 08, 2012, 06:35:32 PM
I dont trust what the pumps say, put 16 gal in a 16 gal tank when it had over a quarter tank of gas left. Went in and complained but the person behind the counter really had no control. Ive ran into this serveral times. I dont think you get a gallon for a gallon. Thats wth its so cheap. :scratch:

I suspected a pump of cheating me once time.  I called the Texas department that was over it.  Don't remember which.  They actually came out and used their graduated beaker to test each pump at the station.  Then, the tester called me on the phone where I worked.  All pumps were certified o.k. by the state examiner.  It's their job to police the gas stations and I'm sure they take delight in finding abnormalities.  In this case, there were none.

Ken

HyperDetroit

Quote from: Ken R on July 08, 2012, 07:42:58 PM
Quote from: jambo on July 08, 2012, 06:35:32 PM

I suspected a pump of cheating me once time.  I called the Texas department that was over it.  Don't remember which.  They actually came out and used their graduated beaker to test each pump at the station.  Then, the tester called me on the phone where I worked.  All pumps were certified o.k. by the state examiner.  It's their job to police the gas stations and I'm sure they take delight in finding abnormalities.  In this case, there were none.

Ken

Last winter when I was visiting someone in Florida, we drove by a shuttered gas station. I was told the reason for the shutdown was the gallon not really measuring up.

My FXR has a 4.2 gallon tank and on my recent trip to Michigan I pushed it and when I finally filled up, it was 4.15 gallons. Definitely should file it under "Let's not do that again"
Всё в руках божьих

hbkeith

Quote from: Nooter99 on June 26, 2012, 04:29:27 AM
I left a buddies MC in southwest Detroit a few weeks back at about midnight on a Saturday, took a wrong turn and found myself in an area no sane person would go willingly. I look down and the red light on my Kurakyn gauge is blinking, first time I'd seen it do that. Next 15 minutes was not fun trying to find my way back to civilization! When I finally got to a "safe" gas station, it took 4.8 gallons, so I was probably ok, at least as far as gas goes!
sounds like were im from  :up: