07 deluxe occasionally quits going down road

Started by cappie1992, July 01, 2012, 03:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cappie1992

Hi, I have an 07 Deluxe that my wife rides and this has happened a couple of times but running down the road after a hard day of riding it quits. Just stops!
Usually it fire right back up without any delay. I went through and checked all of the connections and didn't find anything wrong. Today we were riding after about 95 miles in 85 degree weather it quits again. This time I verified the power was still on. With the start stop button still on from riding it was dead. I had here turn the start button on and off and it fired back up and made it to the house. It sounds like it is heat related, I don't think it is the start switch but I could be wrong. It could be the ECM or bank again sensor. Any other ideas?

Eleft36

Might be ignition switch contacts need to be cleaned and new dielectric grease.
My softail did at about 24,000 miles.

Al
103" SE BB Andrews 26H's 2010 110" mufflers
Ride every chance I get, above 36*f

glens

And it may be the contacts/wiring for the stop/run switch...

cappie1992

Hi, the stop run switch has been replaced. I have been over the electrical several times. It has thrown two codes this time. P0131 and P0151. I was wondering if the Cobra fuel system acted up this time. This is not good going down the interstate.
thanks

rigidthumper

No crank or no start?  No crank would lead me to battery connections. No start would lead me to crank position sensor.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

cappie1992

Would crank no start. Took a couple of times then it fired. One of the hottest days of the year.

glens

Bypass the Cobra and see what happens.  The codes are O2 sensor codes if memory serves at the moment, and I believe the Cobra intercepts and feeds those signals to the ECM, again if memory serves.  I apologize for not researching my hunches but it's just a bit past bed time...