May 08, 2024, 08:05:32 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

New member and new bike.

Started by RNswOH, July 04, 2012, 03:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RNswOH

Hey all, my names Ryan, just picked up my new to me Harley this morning. It's an 05 xl1200r, with 3600 miles. One owner, the bike looks brand new, and is completely stock besides stage 1 kit.

My girlfriends Dad has been letting me ride his 03 883r, since he got his wide glide. I've always heard about how bad Harleys vibrate, but riding his bike I thought the vibration was not bad at all. So when I went to test drive my new bike, I commented on how much the motor was shaking, then they told me it was rubber mounted, and the 883 wasn't! (obviously I don't know all the ins and outs on Harleys yet) Riding the new bike was almost boring it was so smooth, but much faster than the 883 obviously. So I bought the bike for what I think was a great price, rode it 40 miles home.

I'm planning on blacking out a lot of the bike, I like the black and chrome look. I guess the good and bad news is that I'm hooked!

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

Deye76

Welcome aboard, I like black too. I agree with Don Garlits.  :wink:
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Hydroman

Basking in the wake of mediocore achievment

CraigArizona85248

Welcome aboard Ryan. Nice looking bike!

RNswOH

Thanks! Just ordered a highway peg mount kit and pegs, kinda sucks riding the bike without them haha.

05FLHTC

Welcome!  Nice scoot, ride like yr invisible...
Illinois the Corruption Capitol of USA

texaskatfish

SCHWEET! you basically bought you a brand NEW bike!
Katfish  Vice President   Cypress Chapter BACA
RIP Jester http://bacaworld.org/

RNswOH

Yes it seems like its brand new! A few more pics

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

justplainjim

SniperJoe

Panzer

Hmmmm......drag pipes.
Hint.......wear ear plugs, but nice looking bike. :up:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

RNswOH

Quote from: Panzer on July 05, 2012, 07:44:15 PM
Hmmmm......drag pipes.
Hint.......wear ear plugs, but nice looking bike. :up:

Yeah I'm not really a fan of them, the 883 I was riding had a rinehart exhaust system, not sure which model, but I like that setup  a lot more than the drag pipes. But new exhaust will be a while yet...