April 28, 2024, 10:48:28 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Anyone have any additional "Visions" for me to think on?

Started by hardonthemerch, January 30, 2009, 05:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardonthemerch

January 30, 2009, 05:01:57 AM Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 05:55:46 AM by hardonthemerch
This is going to sound crazy, but the other night I came home, and the garage light was off when the door went up. As I was pulling my bike in, I had a glimps of something when I looked at the lil rigid project that was sittin inside. I think that because of the bag laying accross the headlight, handlebar area, it appeared for a slight moment to have some sort of fairing on it. - What I saw (or thought I saw of course) looked pretty cool. - Anyone ever seen any tall frames with a fairing on them? -

I dug through some old mags last night, but didn't see anything that struck me the same as my "vision" - lol

Here's the bike, but it's hard to picture as it is now. - I'm not at all opposed to swapping triple tree's etc -

ricochet

I have visions too when in the garage alone.  There's usually some Pink Floyd playing on the radio!  In all seriousness when I think fairings on a custom it usually involves a lower stance like low rider look.  You may be surprised how low bars, a fairing and lower sissy bar or none may translate into the lower image/vision maybe without having to change front end even.  Although I'm not fond of fairings on customs the bikes I like most have that complete front to back bodywork look so it flows and doesn't look like you planted a alien pod from the sky on the front forks. 

ricochet

bigpete1

are you thinking a full batwing style fairing or something like a harley quarter fairing ?thanks pete

hardonthemerch

I'm not clear what you mean about 1/4 fairing.... But if your talking like the ones that just scoop the headlight... no go on those. - Man... I really don't know what exactly I'm thinking - Was kind of hoping to find a pic of a fairing on a custom of some sort. However, I may try to come up with a older fairing and start playing with it. - That one pic of the rear wheel and purple fender are kind of irrelevant - I didn't know I was posting that one. -I meant to grab 3 of the bike with the forks in view.

If I thought my drivers license, and luck wouldn't run out - I'd replay the other night and see if I could get another visual! -

bigpete1

no i was not thinking the little scoop looking thing ,the quarter fairing is a harley item that fits superglide and such i'll try to post a pic of my bike with one ,it is  a side view but  it will show you what it looks like ,they are also on harley website under acc ,thanks pete

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

rayfeldt

I sent you an email with some cool looking stuff on it but it seems like this would be easier....

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]