April 27, 2024, 12:15:17 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

What do you think?

Started by westbrs, August 21, 2017, 12:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westbrs

August 21, 2017, 12:38:35 PM Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 01:01:59 PM by westbrs
Hello - I started getting a lot more vibration in the floor boards when I rev the engine or when I'm at higher speeds like 60 or 70 MPH -- i have a picture of the front motor mount --- what do you guys think?
2007 RK stock  --  108000 MI   Thanks

Hossamania

I see no picture, but check for a broken bag mount at the bottom of the rear fender. Check for broken exhaust mounts, especially behind the rear cylinder if a stock system. The stock exhaust system also often cracks there.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

road-dawgs1

From the looks, you've got a lot of oil and grime down there. Perhaps a leak at the stator wire or poor cleanup practices after oil filter changes? I'd replace the mount and clean up the area and keep it a littler cleaner in the future.
'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

motorhogman

10 years, over 100,000   Just change it.  Think I'm on my 4th one at 100,000 mi now. 17 years though.
where's the points and condenser ?<br />Tom / aka motor

motorhogman

Quote from: Hossamania on August 21, 2017, 12:52:26 PM
I see no picture, but check for a broken bag mount at the bottom of the rear fender. Check for broken exhaust mounts, especially behind the rear cylinder if a stock system. The stock exhaust system also often cracks there.

:agree:

Rear bumper cracked on my 01 and it would cause yer arms to go numb at 70 mph..
where's the points and condenser ?<br />Tom / aka motor