May 05, 2024, 04:36:33 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Oil Pump Question for Sportster XL 900 1957

Started by Jok Prayogo, July 10, 2012, 12:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jok Prayogo

Hello All,
A friend of mine is looking for a Heavy Duty Oil pump to replace his stock one.
The bike is a Sportster XL 900 1957. any information on brands, S/N or anything like that will be appreciated.
Thank you,
Jok

nibroc

good luck on that "heavy duty" but a late model oil pump will produce more oil pressure

Jok Prayogo

Alright, late model it is...haha, can you tell me further in detail?
Thank you, Jok

saltcaveminer

the stock sporty oil pumps are very good.72 to 76 are supposed to be a bit better.there are higher volume gears you can swap also, i think gary bang sold them.Salty

Jok Prayogo

saltcaveminer

i came across this item on ebay. complete high volume oil pump kit billscustommotorcycles. search sportster k oil pump.Salty

Jok Prayogo

saltcaveminer

the high volume oil pump from bill's imo is a better deal and half the price.Salty

Jok Prayogo

Got reply from Joe, it has to be back order about 2-3 weeks. I will contact Bill then, hope he has what I need in stock.
Cheers, Jok

Jok Prayogo

The order has been submitted to Bill (billm@ptd.net <billm@ptd.net>) ; He is great seller. Immediately after the payment, he sent the parts to my place, via FedEx instead of USPS with out additional cost. The cost is lot less than any body else. Thank you Salty.
Have a great day, Jok

saltcaveminer

thank you and im glad it worked out for you.now just remember before you start that bike make sure you have oil at the suction side of the pump.with the oil bag full remove the oil supply hose and make sure there is oil there.then loosen the oil pressure switch and make sure you have oil there.then tighten everything and start a proper break in of all parts changed.Salty

Jok Prayogo

Alright, will do appreciate that Salty.
Cheers, Jok