April 26, 2024, 10:55:16 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Hi/Lo On at same time?

Started by otis, November 05, 2008, 03:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otis

Hello -

82 FXR - are both the Hi and Lo filamnets on when the headlight high beam is on?  The headlight is 35/55W.  So is that 55W max or 90W max?

Thanks,
Pat

Lew

November 05, 2008, 03:29:52 PM #1 Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 03:40:43 PM by lewy1313
No.  55W.
The wiring can be modified to have both on when on high beam.  At the switch cut the yellow wire and splice it into the blue wire.  Not so sure this is DOT legal though.
Lew
-It is now later than it has ever been before-

FSG

see attached

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

ModelABob

Be careful running both the high and low beam together! :o  Besides possibly running the battery down you could melt some wiring and for sure the electrical plug-in (most likely plastic) for the headlight sealbeam. :(

AMF/Ride Safe ;)
To Ride, Shoot Straight & Speak the Truth.....  J. Cooper

MMOCGuy

Pat.

They are not normally on at the same time. They are wired from the factory to have either the high or low beam on but not both. I don't know why one would want to run them both at the same time.

I hope this answers your question.

Norm.

randallwhitman

I think running them together would also create a ton of heat inside the bulb, which would probably cause it to burn out prematurely.  Randy
Freedom Behind Bars
103" Shovel
103" '07 FLHX