May 06, 2024, 01:45:23 AM

News:

m6 adjuster

Started by darrelbarrows, January 31, 2009, 07:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darrelbarrows

how's everyone that uses an m6 like them...I picked when up at the swap meet here n michigan today for 25 bucks..

Fugawee

Hey...If You go to the General Section here on HTT, You'll see a Post saying "M-6 Pro's and Con's". You should find an answer or two to Your question.....Good Luck

gofastmoose

I put A M-6 in my 89 FLH in 1990
Still look good today. I only have 55000 miles on it.

JohnS_Rosamond

While the idea of the M-6 is great (and many people - including my father) have run them without trouble.  My problem with the M-6 is that when you of off throttle or when shifting, the weak spring on the M-6 can allow quite a bit of chain snap.  If your chain is new, then it shouldn't be as much of a problem.  If your chain is getting a little worn out, then you will have quite a lot of chain snap (and that would be bad).  I have the HB-124 in my FLHS and I like the hydraulic dampening that is in this design.            Incidentally, my father ran an M-6 for over 100,000 miles with the same chain, so even though I don't like it as much it's not bad.

Hammerit-

The idea of an auto chain adjust is great...HD finally adopted the idea....

I have over 20k on my HB125.  Love it.  it is the hydraulic adjuster.  No issues.
Hammerit-

gofastmoose

The hydraulic dampening sounds good. I may have tryed them if I knew about them when I got my M-6.
I have some friends that have the hydraulic dampening. They like them.
But they have only had them for two years.