May 08, 2024, 09:23:22 AM

News:

What's the difference??

Started by kik, August 01, 2012, 08:11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kik

August 01, 2012, 08:11:03 AM Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:30:54 AM by kik
Never mind, sorry i even tried to ask the question.

Ohio HD

You may not like my answer, but I always buy American when I can, unless of course the item is crap. Dunlop has got to better tires than Shinko.

Jeffd

Quote from: Ohio HD on August 01, 2012, 08:16:28 AM
You may not like my answer, but I always buy American when I can, unless of course the item is crap. Dunlop has got to better tires than Shinko.

Ditto, I always find it funny guys will defend Harley to no end and cut down metric bikes, but want to buy tires made in china or tiawan or wherever.

Ultrashovel

kik

August 01, 2012, 09:25:28 AM #4 Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:28:04 AM by kik

Ultrashovel

Quote from: kik on August 01, 2012, 09:25:28 AM
Wow...I asked a simple question and instead of answering it you immediately start off with the buy American...BLAH BLAH BLAH....This isn't about whether I buy from over seas or American, it's about the difference in the quality of the tires. If Dunlops, bridgestone or Michelin are better the quality I'll buy it...If Shinko, Shanko, Khumo or whatever are better, I'll buy that. The mere difference of $30 - $50 is not the point. It's the wear limit, the traction and all around quality. And Jeff as a matter of fact I am currently running Dunlop on my Harley and I'm running Bridgestone on the Kawasaki.

Speaking from my experinces with Chen Shng (Chinese) which are poor quaity, I would stay away from Chinese tires.

What do you exect when you ask a question like that?

slypig

Quote from: kik on August 01, 2012, 09:25:28 AM
Wow...I asked a simple question and instead of answering it you immediately start off with the buy American...BLAH BLAH BLAH....This isn't about whether I buy from over seas or American, it's about the difference in the quality of the tires. If Dunlops, bridgestone or Michelin are better the quality I'll buy it...If Shinko, Shanko, Khumo or whatever are better, I'll buy that. The mere difference of $30 - $50 is not the point. It's the wear limit, the traction and all around quality. And Jeff as a matter of fact I am currently running Dunlop on my Harley and I'm running Bridgestone on the Kawasaki.
I would think rather than attacking those that are rendering their opinion you may be better off ignoring the posts that you don't like and sorting through the rest. You have enough posts on this site to know what to expect.  Now it'll be interesting to see how many answers you get. 
Slypig
Panama City Fl

acbacb

Quote from: Ohio HD on August 01, 2012, 08:16:28 AM
:agree: 110%
2012 FLHX Street Glide

kik

August 01, 2012, 10:25:09 AM #8 Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:27:39 AM by kik

HogMike

Quote from: kik on August 01, 2012, 08:11:03 AM
The reason I ask is because The rear is about bald and the front has been on since 2006. It's time for new feet.

Dunlop402:  Built with a three-ply polyester casing with two fiberglass belts, the D402 offers greater load-carrying capacity and stability.

Shinko 250 Harley Davidson Tires:   Designed for both excellent handling and long life.
Aramid belted for high speed stability.
H -Rated: for speeds up to 130 m.p.h.

Tubless 4 ply (except 21") nylon carcass.

If you read the description of each of these, you can make your own decision.
FWIW, I don't often ride at 130 MPH, and IME my Dunlops work just fine for my riding style.
Like you said, if cost is not an issue, I would tend to use what works for YOU.
Again, JMHO
:smiled:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

Ohio HD

You're 100% correct about a global economy. I work for a fortune 500 company that sells, manufactures, and moves plants all over the world. And i don't agree with a lot of things they do.

What most people, including myself, is concerned with is buying products that benefit American workers, and American businesses when you can. Just as I buy from small bike shops when I can, or a local hardware store instead of Lowes.

It's about maintaining the jobs for people in this country. That's all anyone means by this. I'm not concerned with the average income for Chinese or Russian people, but I am about my neighbors maintaining a good income.

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deye76

"It's about maintaining the jobs for people in this country. That's all anyone means by this. I'm not concerned with the average income for Chinese or Russian people, but I am about my neighbors maintaining a good income."

And that is the real answer to bring back our economy. It's all about good paying jobs...here.

:up: Spot on Brian. 
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

kik

Quote from: HOGMIKE on August 01, 2012, 10:28:06 AM
The reason I ask is because The rear is about bald and the front has been on since 2006. It's time for new feet.

Dunlop402:  Built with a three-ply polyester casing with two fiberglass belts, the D402 offers greater load-carrying capacity and stability.

Shinko 250 Harley Davidson Tires:   Designed for both excellent handling and long life.

FWIW, I don't often ride at 130 MPH, and IME my Dunlops work just fine for my riding style.
Again, JMHO

[/quote
Quote from: HOGMIKE on August 01, 2012, 10:28:06 AM

Again, JMHO

This is the last I'll be responding to this post, so here goes. I did read the difference and that's why I posted here. I don't know the difference between a  3 ply Poly with fiberglass and a 4 ply nylon. All I wanted was some opinions as to the the better material. I did not expect people to start beating there chests as to whether or not the tires were made in the USA. I too buy American products if I can but when it comes to something line tires I am going to put the best tire I can afford underneath me and I don't care whether it was made here or made overseas. We've all seen it, just because it's made here doesn't mean it's the best. I'm a proud American and I suffer from the jobs going overseas also but If an Asian tire is better built than an American tire and my safety is more secure running them, then I'll buy the Asian tire. I'm not going to go down on my bike and get killed because I refused to buy a tire from another country. Now I am running Dunlops currently on the bike and I've had great luck with them, I just wanted to compare the quality between the 2 tires. Price absolutely has nothing to d with my original post. Thank you for your time and opinions.

hbkeith

dont let it get to ya KIK, isnt it nice how people put words in your mouth ?  its the people who bitch about buying American but drive a Nissan  :potstir: :oops:

Ultrashovel

August 01, 2012, 01:44:15 PM #14 Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 05:18:11 PM by Ultrashovel
Deleted........ :pop:

PC_Hater

I live in the UK. It rains in the UK.
Does it rain in Illinois? If it does, buy AVON tyres, made in Melksham UK. They work in the wet and they are owned by Coopers Tires - an American company.
I use Bridgestone BT45V front and rear on the Sportster because they are very very very good indeed.
If they did tyres for a bagger then BT45s would be on that too. But they don't.
1942 WLA45 chop, 1999 FLTR(not I), 2000 1200S

HogMike

Quote from: PC_Hater on August 01, 2012, 03:54:46 PM
I live in the UK. It rains in the UK.
Does it rain in Illinois? If it does, buy AVON tyres, made in Melksham UK. They work in the wet and they are owned by Coopers Tires - an American company.
I use Bridgestone BT45V front and rear on the Sportster because they are very very very good indeed.
If they did tyres for a bagger then BT45s would be on that too. But they don't.

I live in the desert, it doesn't rain (much)..I use Dunlop.
To the OP: use whatever you are comfortable with, most tires designed for YOUR bike will work just fine.
I would caution you NOT to use something not designed for your bike. The manufacture has spend tons of $$ to make sure whatever they ship will preclude any potential lawsuits regarding tires.
If you go "custom" you take your chances. Just an FYI and a CYA.
:missed:
HOGMIKE
SoCal