May 02, 2024, 07:34:55 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

starter relay CONVERSION

Started by blisterbut, February 01, 2009, 11:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blisterbut

has any one converted a older style starter relay (1978 flh) to the newer electronic style, if so any instructions would be a great help .thanks Rusty

gryphon

I have been using the micro relays for a few years now. I use one for the starter and on for my headlights. They work very well and take up no space. Pretty simple to hook up. The prongs are numbered. I have a sheet around here that I made which lists the numbers and what goes to them if you need that info. I can't speak for anyone else but I've had great luck with them. Never had one fail.

who444444

here is a pdf file showing common connection for relay
dave

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

who444444

here is a link to auto elect site with all the info you could ever want it seems.
dave

http://www.the12volt.com/relays/relays.asp

blisterbut

this is a BIG help thanks . blister

harpo1313

crazycanadian

I tried to do that to mine... no way no how.. that fucking starter would not stop turning.. destroyed a battery ..melted post right off.. new relay.. all new parts everything no fucking way would it disengage.. put the old system on and worked perfect..

converted my ironhead.. worked like charm.. no idear.. maybe luck of draw?