May 09, 2024, 01:18:01 PM

News:

Power Vision questions

Started by BVHOG, August 16, 2012, 05:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToBeFrank

Quote from: hrdtail78 on April 27, 2013, 08:23:06 AMThe ECM doesn't have VE tables.  That is our user interface.

Wurk kept saying this, and I still don't get it. The ECM absolutely does have VE tables. You're modifying them when you program the ECM. These tables are the basis of it's calculations.

hrdtail78

I stand correct on that somewhat.  The VE table we see is simplified compared to how the ECM uses it.
Semper Fi

FLTRI

I think At least one flash tuner mfg should open up ALL tables and constants in the ECM for recalibration by the user.
That way we would have at least one mfg offer all variables adjustments available.
Their tech support may get a bit more lively but that's their job right? :sheep:
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

ToBeFrank

Quote from: hrdtail78 on April 27, 2013, 09:34:15 AMThe VE table we see is simplified compared to how the ECM uses it.

That I can agree with. There are many adjustments that are made to the VE before it ends up as an injector pulse width.

ToBeFrank

Quote from: FLTRI on April 27, 2013, 09:45:12 AM
I think At least one flash tuner mfg should open up ALL tables and constants in the ECM for recalibration by the user.
That way we would have at least one mfg offer all variables adjustments available.
Their tech support may get a bit more lively but that's their job right? :sheep:

Maybe TTS will accommodate you if you ask nicely.

FLTRI

Quote from: ToBeFrank on April 27, 2013, 10:00:06 AM
Quote from: FLTRI on April 27, 2013, 09:45:12 AM

Maybe TTS will accommodate you if you ask nicely.
Already did...a couple years ago and was informed TTS has enough to do just keeping up with elementary tech support from many who refuse to read the manual. :doh:
Bob

joe_lyons

Would prob be a true can of worms.  There is already enough there to fuck stuff up as it is and you add 20 more things to the pot.    Release a new table once every year or two as the population becomes comfortable with whats there is prob better.
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

rbabos

April 27, 2013, 07:16:16 PM #432 Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 06:50:23 AM by rbabos
Quote from: joe_lyons50023 on April 27, 2013, 06:36:18 PM
Would prob be a true can of worms.  There is already enough there to "potty mouth! " stuff up as it is and you add 20 more things to the pot.    Release a new table once every year or two as the population becomes comfortable with whats there is prob better.
The average one time home tune has plenty to work with as is. Pro's on the other hand that do this for a living would likely make use of the bells and whistles. I've always thought it would be nice to view what the AFV is doing in the tune but don't see that happening any time soon. Then again it seems I've finally been able to get a stable closed loop tune for my v rod . Imagine that. :hyst:
Ron

FLTRI

Quote from: rbabos on April 27, 2013, 07:16:16 PM
I've finally been able to get a stable closed loop tune for my v rod.
What was the key to getting your vrod to stable closed loop operation?
Vtuned? Where didn't you get good sampling and what did you do to resolve the issues?
Since there are far fewer vrod owners it would be great and valuable info to learn how you corrected your o2 readings. :idea:
Thanks,
Bob

Durwood

The starter map I got with mine is showing a 750 rpm column :nix:

rbabos

Quote from: FLTRI on April 28, 2013, 09:54:04 AM
Vtuned? Where didn't you get good sampling and what did you do to resolve the issues?
Since there are far fewer vrod owners it would be great and valuable info to learn how you corrected your o2 readings. :idea:
Thanks,
Bob
You be confusing this bike with the other one. That 120 basically ended up 50/50 open, closed when I traded it in. I just couldn't dial the low end in any other way. I doubt very much even with good sampling the results would not be what the engine would like.   Not a lot of drama with this one. Autotune went as it should and there's no hint of the tune changing. Warmup and idle is good as well. Sampling must be fairly decent on the stock v rod head pipes. Don't think many will have trouble vtuning or autotuning this one with stock head pipes. Right now as it stands it runs better than stock and better than the dealer tuned demo I rode. It popped like a bitch on each decel. I've not heard a single pop through the whole process. Demo bike had the V&H competition pipe on it. Nasty loud, leg burning bitch it was too.
Ron

rbabos

Quote from: Durwood on April 28, 2013, 11:59:43 AM
I got the 1k table in the v rod cal also. Equivilent of the 750 for the BT.
Kicker is I don't remember seeing a 1000 table in the green screen during auto tuning and reviewing my base cal to my present one that table has not changed even though I dragged the engine down to that level several times at the start of each run. :scratch: While my v rod will chug away from a standstill below the 1200 idle rpm it raises the question, if the 750 blocks are missing on the green screen does it even tune this area? Or does it do it in the background within the ecm but not visible? Pretty sure my autotune screen started at 1200 with the v rod cal. Now I need to take another look, with glasses this time. :embarrassed:
Ron

FLTRI

Quote from: rbabos on April 28, 2013, 12:14:06 PM
Thanks,
Bob
You be confusing this bike with the other one.
Ron
:wtf: ?...
Bob

rbabos

Quote from: FLTRI on April 28, 2013, 05:15:09 PM
Quote from: rbabos on April 28, 2013, 12:14:06 PM
Thanks,
Bob
You be confusing this bike with the other one.
Ron
:wtf: ?...
Bob
:wtf: Pretty much what I said when I read your post.
Ron

oldguy

Quote from: joe_lyons50023 on April 27, 2013, 06:36:18 PM
Would prob be a true can of worms.  There is already enough there to "potty mouth! " stuff up as it is and you add 20 more things to the pot.    Release a new table once every year or two as the population becomes comfortable with whats there is prob better.
The average one time home tune has plenty to work with as is. Pro's on the other hand that do this for a living would likely make use of the bells and whistles. I've always thought it would be nice to view what the AFV is doing in the tune but don't see that happening any time soon. Then again it seems I've finally been able to get a stable closed loop tune for my v rod . Imagine that. :hyst:
Ron
[/quo

Ron- if you look at the closed loop integrator values, it will give an idea of how close your ve's are and how much things are going to drift over time. PV has this choice on the menu. It won't show real time afv but it  should help somewhat

hdmanillac

You can also look at VE and New VE with the gauge.

:nix:
2017 FLHR + 2019 FXLR + 2007 XL1200R

HV

After tuning mine...I run two of the gauges set on CLI for front and Rear ...you can monitor the map as your riding this way...100% most of the time... it may go to 96% or 105% but very seldom ...  :up:
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

rbabos

Quote from: HV on April 29, 2013, 08:34:26 AM
After tuning mine...I run two of the gauges set on CLI for front and Rear ...you can monitor the map as your riding this way...100% most of the time... it may go to 96% or 105% but very seldom ...  :up:
Got signals set up to view other things at the moment. I will revisit the CLI and see what they area showing. Viewing other things shows a lot of weird stuff. Engine temp on a v rod being liquid cooled and having a thermostat it does not operate like a car at a fixed temp. It will range from 180s to 205 depending on air temp. There's a hell of a range between start temp of the thermostat open to full open and it's design likely causes this. My bike has low kpa. 25 at idle and 4k cruise at 100kph is only 38 @ 10% tps. Seeing all this going on in real time is cool. Oil temp closely follows engine temps also and have only seen 200 once.
Ron

07heri

Quote from: Durwood on April 28, 2013, 11:59:43 AM

On my map it's there too.  Just didn't see it collecting any hits there while auto tuning nor did any of the VE's change in the actual new map.  Pretty much why I asked what's going on in the 750 row.  I suppose just drop them down a point or two until someone says otherwise.
2016 Heritage
Stage 1

runamuck

not all the .pvt maps I am looking at for my bike have the speedo calibration option in Tune Option..what's up with that..is there a way to add that line to a map file.

upnorthbiker

Hi,
I already had an AT100 that I used on 2 previous Dynas with PCV, both with good results. All I had to purchase was the longer leads and I could use it with the Powervision, so rather than leave it on a shelf its now installed, looks like its reading the widebands, in guages, dynojet, reading Lamda 1 and 2 shows a reading. Theres doesnt seem to be a lot of instructions about using Autotune Pro so please can anyone give me a start.
Are there any settings I need to change to run with the widebands ?
Do I just use it in Autotune then go back to the narrowbands when I have a good map ? or can I leave them in all the time ?
When I get a good map, if I go back to the factory lamdas will it use the map made with the widebands ?
And any other tips would be great.
Thanks for any help.
Jeff

joe_lyons

Use the widebands to tune and when done replace with stock sensors.

hdmanillac

2017 FLHR + 2019 FXLR + 2007 XL1200R

mayor

Quote from: joe_lyons50023 on May 09, 2013, 01:03:14 PM
Use the widebands to tune and when done replace with stock sensors.
when you do that are you going back and making sure the closed loop cells are in sync with the stock sensors? 
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

joe_lyons

If using the auto tune feature it only alters afr table when enabled once your done tuning you disable the feature and your afr table goes back to the way it was.