April 27, 2024, 01:10:52 PM

News:

70 Tooth 1 1/2" Rear Sprocket

Started by Traveler733, November 05, 2008, 04:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Traveler733

1990 Bagger
I installed a new chromed rear belt pulley 5,000 miles ago. The chrome is coming off the teeth, real fast. The thing has squeeked since I installed it. I tried running looser, tighter, didn't make much difference from the usual 10lbs of force belt deflection as per the manual and my factory belt tension gauge. I installed a new belt with it and a new front 33 tooth Baker pulley. The new belt is not Harley. It's a Kevlar aftermarket. I'm wondering if I should go back to a stock HD pulley. The original had 98,000 miles on it when I did changed it to the new "purdy" chrome one. the old one was due for change then. Has anyone else been down this road? I'd like to find a good new take-off pulley to see where that takes me. The newer than 98 have a different pilot bore diameter.

Traveler733

Hi Trip! Thanks for the link! Wow! That's spendy for a sprocket. I priced Chigago HD for a new OEM. They show it for 139.00. I wouldn't mind that price if I knew that would cure the problem.

Trip

Wow...139$ is damn good!!...i,ve yet to see a chromed pulley worth a schitt...the chrome covers they make for the rear look pretty good on an OEM pulley...thats what i do..

crazylore

Try KC International Warehouse...google it....its an e-bay store....Ive dealt with then very resonable
04FLSTFI 95" TW 44 cams

kickstart

It's not about gun control.
It's about CONTROL.

Traveler733

Thanks for the replies guys! :beer:
Kickstart, that poly pulley may just be what I am looking for. :up: Has anyone on this board tried them? I'm going to contact SuperMax about exchange and pricing. :teeth:
It's funny that I wasn't aware of this. :dgust:  I have been on internet boards since 2001 and have never been made aware of this option. I guess I have never seen the need until now. I may have seen the ads in magazines, but never gave them a second glance. :embarrassed:

This is turning into a GREAT forum FAST!