May 09, 2024, 01:06:40 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

08 1200 Roadster front motor mount

Started by oldskool, August 23, 2012, 07:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldskool

Ok we need to replace the front isolator's ! So we have the left out and we have the stabilizers unbotlted fron and rear and it's still hanging up any suggestion would be appreciated!

PC_Hater

The 2008 manual insists you need the HD Fat Jack, so whatever jack you have laying about then so you can support the front of the engine.
I think Step 9 of 9 has the answer:-

Carefully pry front end of engine to the left approximately 1.0 in (25.4mm). Remove right front isolator from crankcase.

1942 WLA45 chop, 1999 FLTR(not I), 2000 1200S

04XL1200C

A tip since I replaced my front mount and rear mount recently!

There is a 9/16? bushing that is a tight fit In the middle if the mount! On the right side of the bike the mount will be hard to remove! (I had the same problem) take a socket with extension... The same size at the metal mushing and hammer it out! Till the mount is void of its spacer/ bushing! The mount should drop out and bob's ur uncle!

The on re install you gunna want 4 hands but u gotta lift and pull the motor to the left side and it will be a tight fit... But the mount should squeeze I there.

Or do like I did ( I had no help) and remove carefully the bushing out of the new mount and the reinstall it carefully when the mount is In the bike!

* this tip came from a friend that worked at a dealer for a while!*

Sent from my iPhone on the flip side.