April 27, 2024, 01:47:12 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Rubber Baby Buggy Bumper needed. A GOOD one.

Started by eglideic, August 23, 2012, 08:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eglideic

A friend has a Shovel Dresser and that small square rubber pad for the kickstand keeps falling off.
We've used stock HD ones and ones from J&P and ones from who knows where, and they keep falling off.
The kickstand is wearing a impression of itself in the aluminum primary.
And yes, I always clean the surface with alcohol or laquer thinner first.
Is there maker of a rubber pad that uses GOOD GLUE that sticks????

96flhpi

I've got a dollar store anti skid pad thingy velcro-ed on mine.  Been there two years - kick stand holds it on when riding, gravity's not that strong when not.  If it disappears I guess I'd spring for another $1.26 to replace it.

76shuvlinoff

I cleaned the spot with Brake Kleen then cut a piece of (probably 1/8 inch) rubber and stuck it on there with grip glue. I held it in place with a piece of tape until cured. It's a few years old now and still holding.

That said.... I have often used a small dab of JB weld on stuff when other glues just won't hold.
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

War Horse

Use 3M trim adhesive glue (the yellow gorilla snot), follow directions, it wont come of again, trust me.  :wink:
A clear conscience is the sign of a fuzzy memory

Deye76

Quote from: War Horse on August 24, 2012, 03:22:59 AM
Use 3M trim adhesive glue (the yellow gorilla snot), follow directions, it wont come of again, trust me.  :wink:

:up:
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Mark222

eglideic

OK.
I assume you buy a new one and use laquer thinner to remove the original adhesive and then apply the 3M. Right?

easyricer

Apply the 3M to both the rubber bumper and the primary cover, let sit for a min them push them together and let sit over night. It'l be there for a long time.
EASY
Just ride the damned thing!