with all the new buzz lately on the Power Vision..

Started by mayor, August 26, 2012, 08:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie Long

Quote from: mayor on August 30, 2012, 04:25:20 AM
Quote from: crosshairs on August 29, 2012, 06:52:57 PM
People were so stuck on a TTS that they would not even think about buying a PV...and here we are a year later and people are finally using it and seeing it the way I and many others did over a year ago...that's my point...take it for what its worth......  open your minds a little next time and you wont be so late to the party .

here is one tidbit
TTS has the capabilities that the PV can only DREAM about.  I can use MY monitor to fill out a tuning histogram and generate VEs.   PV can look at pretty little gauges and WISH they could tune with that monitor.  There is NO comparison at present.  The TTS 'monitor' is actually the monitor that a DYNO TUNER would use to set VEs.  The PV can tune by the hunt and pray method... but that monitor adds NOTHING to the game so far.

none of that was correct, but the author was too blinded by fanaticism to verify any of it., or just didn't care to learn.......  either way, it was wrong info 
I don't have the PV in front of me yet, but I am curious if you can you watch the VE hit count histogram on the PV while collecting the narrow band data (like TTS's vtune histogram)?  Is there a recording play back option that allows the user to review collected data (like when evaluating knock retard events)?   

You can go to Settings>Enter Code and using the # 319245 will bring up the mini log tuning screen which has a tracer and hit count, you will also start/stop your logs from this screen. In the new Beta FW there are several screens to choose from and the entire log tuning process is automated, you simply apply the new tune.

To analyze your logs you will use the PV Log Tuner software which allows you to view VE corrections and knock events. You do not currently have the ability to play back logs in the PV software, however you can look at the raw data in .csv format or I use Megalogviewer HD which works excellent and the basic/trail version is free http://www.efianalytics.com/MegaLogViewerHD/, one of the future Power Vision advancements will include getting everything integrated into the Dynoejt Winpep dyno software, however immediate focus is on getting everything embedded and automated on the PV unit.

mayor

thanks guys.   :up:

No problem on using MegaLogViewer, I've used that a good bit to review other tuning system data.   :up:
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

burgies08ultra

one the website it has a register for free, but when i click on it its $39.95.. is there a code i am missing??/
thanks
burgie
2013 road glide,2009 road king

mayor

I think I ended up paying for the version I have, but that was a year and half ago so I can't remember how much it was (I think it was around $25 back then). 

wurk_truk

I also paid for Megalogviewer.  Like $29.95 or $34.95 I think.
Oh No!

Sporty 48

Quote from: crosshairs on August 29, 2012, 01:39:57 PM
I'm glad to see some of you guys coming around now .....I pretty much stopped coming here as every time I mentioned the PV, all I was told was that its a POS.......got tired of arguing with people who would not listen, and accused me of being a shill....now here we are almost  year later, and some of you finally see what the hoopla was all about
Welcome to the club...enjoy your Power Vision ...its a great tuner  .....I bought mine about 2 years ago and would never look back.....

PS: I'm using mine to tune my Turbo bike........and its working very well :scoot:
Crosshairs,
Human nature is pretty funny, not ha, ha.
I stayed away a while then came back to watch TTS in case they decided to stay in the game.
Jamie is here so PV is likely to dominate before long.
But do not forget Harleys are a hundred + year old design, that draws a certain type of critter.
Still, there is talent here and if not deleted, locked or banned, it can be interesting, even entertaining.  :wink:
A Sportster, Bird-dogs and an old Airstream, How Sweet It Is.

guydoc77

[/quote]Still, there is talent here and if not deleted, locked or banned, it can be interesting, even entertaining.  :wink:
[/quote]

:agree: :hyst:

mayor

Quote from: Jamie Long on August 29, 2012, 09:24:34 AM
In Lambda calibration there is now a table "Closed Loop Lambda Range" which allows you to set the window of closed loop operation. In most calibrations the default is 1.01-.980, however we set closed loop as low as .974 in many of our FM calibrations. Here is a screenshot:
how do I get that table to be active?  is that beta only?

Jamie Long

Quote from: mayor on September 13, 2012, 03:27:12 AM
Quote from: Jamie Long on August 29, 2012, 09:24:34 AM
In Lambda calibration there is now a table "Closed Loop Lambda Range" which allows you to set the window of closed loop operation. In most calibrations the default is 1.01-.980, however we set closed loop as low as .974 in many of our FM calibrations. Here is a screenshot:
how do I get that table to be active?  is that beta only?

Closed Loop Lambda Range is a current table with production FW. You just need to update the tune