May 08, 2024, 05:40:40 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

with all the new buzz lately on the Power Vision..

Started by mayor, August 26, 2012, 08:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayor

I decided to download the software and take a deeper look. I think I'm going to have to read the manual, since I can't see how open loop cells are adjusted:

There must be more "tune item" tables, right?  where does a tuner adjust the ve tables?
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

delta

Go to setup / options/ select pro. This will offer more items to adjust in the left pane tree.

rbabos

mayor: I know you won't be able to resist testing it. Looking forward to the report.
Ron

mayor

August 26, 2012, 10:41:05 AM #3 Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 10:43:44 AM by mayor
Quote from: delta on August 26, 2012, 09:21:04 AM
Go to setup / options/ select pro. This will offer more items to adjust in the left pane tree.
bingo!  swtching to that gave me access to a bunch more tables. thanks!

here's the tables I was looking for:

it could happen Ron.   :wink:   I'll know later this week. 

HV

Mike ... study well....my 2013 will most likely have one on it...as soon as I get it :teeth:   Sept Oct deliverly ...so I wont have a lot of time to play with it... Ill leave that to the Cali Guys all winter...  :wink:
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

mayor

I will say that the PV software is much easier to navigate than the SEPST software.  I don't find it as easy as Mastertune software, but I'm also used to using that system. 

One of the things that I thought was neat with the pro tables of PV was you can control the throttle blade control based on gears (1-3, 4-6).  One table I haven't found yet is the spark temperture correction.  Maybe the PV doesn't give access to this.   :scratch:

Coyote

Quote from: rbabos on August 26, 2012, 09:39:22 AM
mayor: I know you won't be able to resist testing it. Looking forward to the report.
Ron

:agree:     :hyst:

Jamie Long

Quote from: mayor on August 26, 2012, 06:59:17 PM
I will say that the PV software is much easier to navigate than the SEPST software.  I don't find it as easy as Mastertune software, but I'm also used to using that system. 

One of the things that I thought was neat with the pro tables of PV was you can control the throttle blade control based on gears (1-3, 4-6).  One table I haven't found yet is the spark temperture correction.  Maybe the PV doesn't give access to this.   :scratch:

The downloaded tunes will only expose the tuning tables that were available at that time the tune was posted, however they can be easily updated. The first way is to update the tune with all of the latest PV features/tuning tables is to make sure you have the latest firmware in the PV unit from the update client (or email me for the latest cool beta stuff :) ), you can then go into WinPv>Power Vision>Update Tune from PV and it will automatically update the calibration, this is a new feature. The second way to update the tune it to again make sure you have the latest fw in the PV unit and plug into the bike, go to Program Vehicle>Load Tune>Load Copy>Copy of Current and you can place it in a slot in the tune manager. You can then retrieve the updated tune in WinPv

FYI spark temp correction by ET and spark correction by IAT are now tables that have been added

mayor

looks like I'll be playing with an actual Power Vision with in a week.  :teeth: 

Jamie, how low of lambda value can you go and still remain in closed loop with the PV?  The software appears to say that .980 is the cut off, but I'm wondering if .977 will still be in closed loop (which is what the limit is using Mastertune)?   I'm guessing that lambda value for closed loop is more of a function of the Delphi system, rather than the tuning system so closed loop limit should be .977?       

hrdtail78

I wouldn't assume that.  My understanding limits need to be set when writing code.  For example 009CAF.  It is still bold when you are down to .976.  Which for the SE stuff means CL.  Easy to find out.   Target for .977 and see if you collect data with vision in "autotune."
Semper Fi

Jamie Long

In Lambda calibration there is now a table "Closed Loop Lambda Range" which allows you to set the window of closed loop operation. In most calibrations the default is 1.01-.980, however we set closed loop as low as .974 in many of our FM calibrations. Here is a screenshot:

mayor

crosshairs

I'm glad to see some of you guys coming around now .....I pretty much stopped coming here as every time I mentioned the PV, all I was told was that its a POS.......got tired of arguing with people who would not listen, and accused me of being a shill....now here we are almost  year later, and some of you finally see what the hoopla was all about
Welcome to the club...enjoy your Power Vision ...its a great tuner  .....I bought mine about 2 years ago and would never look back.....

PS: I'm using mine to tune my Turbo bike........and its working very well :scoot:

mayor

Quote from: crosshairs on August 29, 2012, 01:39:57 PM
.......got tired of arguing with people who would not listen, and accused me of being a shill........now here we are almost  year later, and some of you finally see what the hoopla was all about
Welcome to the club...enjoy your Power Vision ...its a great tuner  .....I bought mine about 2 years ago and would never look back.....
sorry, I won't be in the club.  :unsure:  it's not going to be my PV, I'll be tuning somone elses bike with it. 

rbabos

Quote from: mayor on August 29, 2012, 01:48:18 PM
Quote from: crosshairs on August 29, 2012, 01:39:57 PM
.......got tired of arguing with people who would not listen, and accused me of being a shill........now here we are almost  year later, and some of you finally see what the hoopla was all about
sorry, I won't be in the club.  :unsure:  it's not going to be my PV, I'll be tuning somone elses bike with it.
We'll see. :hyst:
Ron

crosshairs

I was talking in general terms....not about you specifically....The mere mention of the Power Vision 12 months ago would bring the trolls out of the closet  ...I'm glad to see some people opened their minds to an alternative solution

Coyote

Quote from: crosshairs on August 29, 2012, 04:01:04 PM

I was talking in general terms....not about you specifically....The mere mention of the Power Vision 12 months ago would bring the trolls out of the closet  ...I'm glad to see some people opened their minds to an alternative solution

Funny I looked back at your 12 previous posts and didn't really see that.  :nix:   But if you're happier now, I guess that's a good thing.

crosshairs

Quote from: Coyote on August 29, 2012, 05:05:19 PM
Quote from: crosshairs on August 29, 2012, 04:01:04 PM

Funny I looked back at your 12 previous posts and didn't really see that.  :nix:   But if you're happier now, I guess that's a good thing.

Then you should look again........ and yes, it only took 12 posts to for me to realize some people were not willing to listen...their loss, not mine

FSG

QuoteThen you should look again........ and yes, it only took 12 posts to for me to realize some people were not willing to listen...their loss, not mine
:hyst:  it's funny as I was just looking back at your posts and came to the same conclusion as Coyote but he beat me to the post. 

As you had posted "if you guys are happy with the TTS, there is no reason to change, these are just 2 different boxes that do pretty much the same thing." I fail to see the problem.

HV

HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

crosshairs

Well, if you dont see it I cant help you.......read the entire topic , if you still dont see it, then there is no hope for you.

People were so stuck on a TTS that they would not even think about buying a PV...and here we are a year later and people are finally using it and seeing it the way I and many others did over a year ago...that's my point...take it for what its worth......  open your minds a little next time and you wont be so late to the party .

here is one tidbit
TTS has the capabilities that the PV can only DREAM about.  I can use MY monitor to fill out a tuning histogram and generate VEs.  PV can look at pretty little gauges and WISH they could tune with that monitor.  There is NO comparison at present.  The TTS 'monitor' is actually the monitor that a DYNO TUNER would use to set VEs.  On the PV...  I can tell how many miles of gasoline are left in my tank.  Isn't that special....  for all the 'special olympic' kinda riders.  This is the TUNING section and not the Gee Whiz section.  The PV can tune by the hunt and pray method... but that monitor adds NOTHING to the game so far.

Some NEED to remember the differences.

none of that was correct, but the author was too blinded by fanaticism to verify any of it., or just didn't care to learn.......  either way, it was wrong info

Anyway, I see things haven't really changed that much around here .....I'm out...... Ill try back in another year and see if you got it yet

hrdtail78

Quote from: crosshairs on August 19, 2011, 05:02:28 PM
Quote from: wurk_truk on August 19, 2011, 04:44:02 PM
Quote from: hotroadking on August 19, 2011, 01:50:41 PM
TTS already has the capabilities of the PV bar mounted
screen, all you have to do is get one that you like either
wireless with a small hub or via USB cable.

I got a 12 ft USB cable for my Dimo 7 incher at Compusa for $9
run it under the seat strap, under the tank and up to the bars.

I already have a ram mount for Camera, radar Detector, juicer, smoothie machine
microwave, beer fridge and electric shaver, just added a mount for the 7 inch,
it's on and off in seconds.. Nothing to it and inexpensive and it works...

Pretty soon some guys will have dashes on HD's like the wingers...

TTS has the capabilities that the PV can only DREAM about.  I can use MY monitor to fill out a tuning histogram and generate VEs.  PV can look at pretty little gauges and WISH they could tune with that monitor.  There is NO comparison at present.  The TTS 'monitor' is actually the monitor that a DYNO TUNER would use to set VEs.  On the PV...  I can tell how many miles of gasoline are left in my tank.  Isn't that special....  for all the 'special olympic' kinda riders.  This is the TUNING section and not the Gee Whiz section.  The PV can tune by the hunt and pray method... but that monitor adds NOTHING to the game so far.

Some NEED to remember the differences.

The PV has a USB interface just like the TTS. Its windows based just like the TTS.
The software is installed on your computer just like a TTS.
You edit and create tunes on your laptop or desktop, just like the TTS
The display is just an extra feature, its not designed to be used for tuning and cant be used for tuning.

some NEED to learn the differences  :smile:

Oh, they are talking about the monitor.  Doesn't Truk have a touch screen?
Semper Fi

strokerjlk

QuotePosted by: mayor
« on: Yesterday at 05:49:38 PM » Insert Quote
looks like I'll be playing with an actual Power Vision with in a week.   

Jamie, how low of lambda value can you go and still remain in closed loop with the PV?  The software appears to say that .980 is the cut off, but I'm wondering if .977 will still be in closed loop (which is what the limit is using Mastertune)?   I'm guessing that lambda value for closed loop is more of a function of the Delphi system, rather than the tuning system so closed loop limit should be .977?       

Quote from: Jamie Long on August 29, 2012, 09:24:34 AM
In Lambda calibration there is now a table "Closed Loop Lambda Range" which allows you to set the window of closed loop operation. In most calibrations the default is 1.01-.980, however we set closed loop as low as .974 in many of our FM calibrations. Here is a screenshot:

looking forward to your new challenge Mike :up:
this is some cool stuff
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

mayor

Quote from: crosshairs on August 29, 2012, 06:52:57 PM
People were so stuck on a TTS that they would not even think about buying a PV...and here we are a year later and people are finally using it and seeing it the way I and many others did over a year ago...that's my point...take it for what its worth......  open your minds a little next time and you wont be so late to the party .

here is one tidbit
TTS has the capabilities that the PV can only DREAM about.  I can use MY monitor to fill out a tuning histogram and generate VEs.   PV can look at pretty little gauges and WISH they could tune with that monitor.  There is NO comparison at present.  The TTS 'monitor' is actually the monitor that a DYNO TUNER would use to set VEs.  The PV can tune by the hunt and pray method... but that monitor adds NOTHING to the game so far.

none of that was correct, but the author was too blinded by fanaticism to verify any of it., or just didn't care to learn.......  either way, it was wrong info 
I don't have the PV in front of me yet, but I am curious if you can you watch the VE hit count histogram on the PV while collecting the narrow band data (like TTS's vtune histogram)?  Is there a recording play back option that allows the user to review collected data (like when evaluating knock retard events)?   

remington007

The BETA version has a live screen that tracts hit counts on the PV screen. The consumer version can get there with a "code". The spark knock can be viewed with the log tunner after recording, it shows the timing removed on the actual spark tables per cell. That can be applied to the tables automatically.