May 05, 2024, 11:06:59 PM

News:

Mikuni HSR 42 Easy kits (42-18)

Started by 98flstc, February 02, 2009, 05:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

98flstc

Hello all,

Can anyone help me out here?

I'm in the market for a new carb. What I'm finding is that there is a $100.00+ difference in price from flea-bay to Dennis Kirk/JP cycles for the Mikuni HSR 42 easy kits. Speciflically the 42-18 model.  American Classic motor and Easteran PC have them in the $250-266.00 dollar range, while the other sources run into the $360.00 range.

Can the cheaper sources be buying that much better or are these carbs older hold overs?

Any thoughts?

Chuck
98'

ramcr913

I don't know if the "cheap" sources are old stock either. If they are old stock, I don't know what the differences between old and new are. Jireh sells the easy kit for $294- PN #42-152.

L-

Two things you can do:

Call Jireh and see what they will sell for. 

Call Jenni and ask her what her bottom dollar price would be on the Mikuni kit.

L-

PaJoe

Dennis Kirk and J&P are usually the most expensive places I shop. I still shop Dennis Kirk often because I can order Monday night and get it Wednesday and I have purchased from J&P because they some times have things the others do not . I spent more money at Jireh than any other, as they are usually the cheapest but they are not as good as Dennis Kirk with shipping and keeping track of orders.

catmcaw

I would not be afraid to buy from American or Eastren. I have bought from both on Ebay and had no problems.
  Jireh has good prices on most parts but they are bad about not having the part in stock.

gofastmoose

I have an early Mikuni HSR 42 on  my bike for 13 years.
Never had any trouble with it.

iiggii

Eastern buys alot of stock ,and moves a lot of stock.That is why the price is low .I know the owner nice guy .I buy from them alot in person were in the same state, Maryland they are just west of annapolis. Buying power is why he has good prices .IIggII.

hbkeith

go to mikuni website and see for sure part # you want,there is a bunch of different setups,i think easy kit uses your stock manifold and air cleaner,Jirech has damn good prices,you can get the ULTIMA mikuni hsr42 with manifold airfilter etc. for about $325

fxr4mikey

Quote from: catmcaw on February 02, 2009, 09:40:54 PM
I would not be afraid to buy from American or Eastren. I have bought from both on Ebay and had no problems.
  Jireh has good prices on most parts but they are bad about not having the part in stock.

I've bought from both, and have been satisfied with the purchases.

Eastern was GREAT to work with ..... as I made a mistake on my order and didn't realize it until well after I got the parts. They went EXTRA DISTANCE to help me out and get me the parts I needed with MINIMAL impact to me.  I'd do business with them ANYTIME !
80" EVO - FXR4
SE Heads w/Adj pushrods
.030 HG Wood W6 Cam HSR42 Carb

Sc00ter

Quote from: 98flstc on February 02, 2009, 05:30:54 AM
Hello all,

Can anyone help me out here?

I'm in the market for a new carb. What I'm finding is that there is a $100.00+ difference in price from flea-bay to Dennis Kirk/JP cycles for the Mikuni HSR 42 easy kits. Speciflically the 42-18 model.  American Classic motor and Easteran PC have them in the $250-266.00 dollar range, while the other sources run into the $360.00 range.

Can the cheaper sources be buying that much better or are these carbs older hold overs?

Any thoughts?

Chuck

I've bought quite often from Eastern Performance.. They are competitively priced, have the inventory in stock and ship quickly.  I have tried American Classics with not so good results.  I found they often do not have the parts they sell in stock - and are not so customer friendly...  Just my experience...