May 09, 2024, 09:27:23 AM

News:

Mastertune 2

Started by Steve Cole, August 30, 2012, 08:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Cole

Just an update to let you all know where we are at. Beta testing is looking to complete very soon. If I was to guess I would say within the next week. All the 2001 - 2011 bikes have been put to bed and the final testing on 2012-2013 is being tested now. To date we have tested with over 200 bikes so our Beta dealers and ourselves are pretty happy with how it's all working. The new CAN equipped bikes really allow the new electronics to shine. Collecting data for Vtune runs over twice as fast as before. The old data collection rate was ~4 frames per second on J1850 bikes and the new CAN bikes are running right at 20 frames per second! Thats right, 20 frames per second of real data with NO BS repeating of old data being collected. In the new CAN based calibrations we have added a few more user adjustable controls. These new features will be rolled back into the earlier calibrations once the new product is shipping.

Main Lambda/AFR
VE Front Cylinder
VE Rear Cylinder
PE Lambda/AFR
Warmup Enrichment
Cranking Fuel
Accel Enrichment
Decel Enleanment
Spark Advance Front Cylinder
Spark Advance Rear Cylinder
PE Spark Advance
Spark Temperature Correction
Closed Throttle Spark Front Cylinder
Closed Throttle Spark Rear Cylinder
Adaptive Knock Retard
Idle RPM
IAC Warmup steps
IAC Crank Steps
IAC Crank to Run steps
EGR Effect Front Cylinder
EGR Effect Rear Cylinder
Throttle Blade control (DBW bikes only)
Minimum TPS for Baro Correction
Engine Displacement
Injector Size
Max Knock Retard
Idle Spark Control Gain
Idle Spark Control Max
Skip Fire Mode IAC Offset
RPM Limiter
Knock Control
EITMS
PE Mode
Primary Ratio
Speedo adjustment
Intake Valve Opening Point
Intake Valve Closing Point

Cam Selector (new)
Active exhaust Control 1st gear (new)(international bikes only)
Active exhaust Control 2nd gear (new)(international bikes only)
Active exhaust Control 3rd gear (new)(international bikes only)
Active exhaust Control 4th - 6th gear (new)(international bikes only)
Head Temperature MAP (new)
Warmup Spark (new)
IAT Spark correction(new)
Head Temperature Lambda/AFR (new)
Head Temperature Spark Correction (new)

I am sure I have missed a few things but this should give you the general idea of the new product as a replacement for the old product. There will be more features added in the coming months and they are all handled by the TTS Updater service that comes with each unit. No need to return the product and NO charge for any of the updates.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

burgies08ultra

hey that will be great steve,
thanks
burgie
2013 road glide,2009 road king

HogBag

streetdjack

Great !
Thank you Steve...

nanard77

great Steve!!

Steve, regarding future updates, they will be also available for mastertune 1

Steve Cole

All future updates are only going to be done in Mastertune2. No further updates to the older Mastertune software. Calibrations that can be used in the old software and new, will be updated but the newer CAN calibrations will not work in the old software at all. 2012 - 2013 Touring models are done as of today, just have to hope the Beta guys get through 2012 - 2013 Dyna's and Softail over the next couple days. All Sportster and Vrods are done already.

VDeuce

Steve,

Will there be a discount for upgrading from the older versions?

Coyote

Quote from: VDeuce on August 30, 2012, 06:19:02 PM
Steve,

Will there be a discount for upgrading from the older versions?

That would be nice!  :pop:

hrdtail78

Upgrade to a new VCI or program?
Semper Fi

Steve Cole

The New Mastertune2 software is designed to run both the new and the old interface, so all customers can switch to the new software at no charge. Also I forgot to mention that Vtune received the "Coyote" upgrade as well.

TXP

It will have been worth the wait. The new software is very intuitive and easy to learn/ use.

Jeffd

August 31, 2012, 07:57:40 PM #12 Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 08:22:53 AM by Jeffd
Quote from: Steve Cole on August 31, 2012, 07:07:30 PM
The New Mastertune2 software is designed to run both the new and the old interface, so all customers can switch to the new software at no charge. Also I forgot to mention that Vtune received the "Coyote" upgrade as well.
Is there any benefit for low level hacks like me to use the new software when vtuning and whats the coyote upgrade in vtune?

HogBag

September 01, 2012, 05:06:46 PM #13 Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 06:30:11 PM by HogBag
Steve
When I read from post 7. No further updates to the older Mastertune software I thought  :wtf: I will need to buy the new TTS2 interface.
I then read post 11.  The New Mastertune2 software is designed to run both the new and the old interface, so all customers can switch to the new software at no charge.
Cool thanks for the clarification  :up:

feng jui

When can shipping be expected?
SW Updates are easy to distribute via Download, but when can we order the Hardware?
Jui

Steve Cole

IF they wrap up the 2012- 2013 Softail and Dyna this week we will be shipping product out next week. We are taking orders for the new system at this time.

harley_jeff

Quote from: Steve Cole on September 03, 2012, 09:50:57 AM
IF they wrap up the 2012- 2013 Softail and Dyna this week we will be shipping product out next week. We are taking orders for the new system at this time.

So, what p/n would I order for my '07 Dyna?

Sporty 48

Quote from: Steve Cole on September 03, 2012, 09:50:57 AM
The website does not reflect this.
How much?
A Sportster, Bird-dogs and an old Airstream, How Sweet It Is.

Steve Cole

New Web site is supposed to be up by end of day tomorrow. The new single bike part number is 2000008.

feng jui

Website is up ... I got just confused with the different cable options.
For a 2009 FXDFSE I guess I need the J1850 Cable Kit, however, does this include USB2Serial or what does Kit mean here?

The USB2Serial and 4 pin Bike Cable only options confuse me as well compared to the Kits.
Maybe something for the FAQ to support customers in making the right choice even if they are not yet used to Mastertune TTS.

Anyway, great that we can now order, I'll contact the German importer.

Jui

Mr. Wizard

Site is up but none of the download links work. All give 404 error at this time. Thought I would play around.

Steve Cole

September 04, 2012, 04:26:26 PM #21 Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 04:29:58 PM by Steve Cole
New Web Site is up. http://www.mastertune.net/

The storage page http://www.mastertune.net/downloads.htm then <click> on the Tuning File Repository

They are still working on getting it finished up and everything working now

redmtrckl

When and how will we be able to download the new TTS2 software?
Will this be in the updater program?
Thanks.
Yes! I am an Infidel.
And proud of it!

Steve Cole

The new software will be placed on the TTS Updater once it's released. I would expect it to be up there mid next week as things are going well on the 2012 - 2013 Softail and Dyna's so far.

The NEW Tuning File Repository is up and running now so anyone who would like to store there Original saved *.MTE or *.MT8 calibrations can do so. This will allow you to have access to them, anywhere, anytime you need it, by simply logging on to the internet and retrieving them. You can also download ALL the TTS software to program your bike from the web site as well. So if you travel with just the interface and cables with you, all you would need to have is any computer that runs Windows and your good to go, no need for you to carry yours around if you do not want too.

feng jui

For your model you are correct, you will need the J1850 cable set.

Coyote

Quote from: Steve Cole on September 05, 2012, 05:39:42 PM
The new software will be placed on the TTS Updater once it's released. I would expect it to be up there mid next week as things are going well on the 2012 - 2013 Softail and Dyna's so far.

The NEW Tuning File Repository is up and running now so anyone who would like to store there Original saved *.MTE or *.MT8 calibrations can do so. This will allow you to have access to them, anywhere, anytime you need it, by simply logging on to the internet and retrieving them. You can also download ALL the TTS software to program your bike from the web site as well. So if you travel with just the interface and cables with you, all you would need to have is any computer that runs Windows and your good to go, no need for you to carry yours around if you do not want too.

feng jui

For your model you are correct, you will need the J1850 cable set.

Steve,

What are the terms and conditions of your upload site? Are all the files available for everyone to use, including TTS? It appears that way?

Steve Cole

The files placed there by the owner of them are public for any TTS Software user to use. Guess I should have them put up a release statement on the site stating just that. The MTE files are only any good for the bike they came out of and the *.MT8 files would have started life as a TTS Base Calibration.

Steve Cole

I  will give a quick overview of the new tables that have been added. On a 2001 - 2013 Delphi equipped Harley Davidson there is only 1 (one) temperature sensor on the engine itself. It doesn't matter what model, be it a Vrod (Water Cooled),  Sportster, Touring, Dyna or Softail (all Air Cooled). That temperature sensor is called the Engine Temperature Sensor (ET for short) in all applications.

The added tables in our new product give you Head temperature as well as Engine temperature adjustments. Intake Air Temperature or IAT for short is in the intake manifold on Big Twins and Sportsters but in the air box on a Vrod. On the later DBW models it is built into the MAP sensor.

To get Head Temperature the ECM uses the Engine temperature reading and modifies it based on RPM and Load. This is a preset adjustment added to the Engine Temperature. So when adjusting anything based on Head temperature you must be careful in how you look at things as a modified engine may very well have a Head temperature that is not really correct as the modifier is calibrated based on a stock head and engine.

Cam Selector (new)

More adjustments added for the newer models

Active exhaust Control 1st gear (new)(international bikes only)
Active exhaust Control 2nd gear (new)(international bikes only)
Active exhaust Control 3rd gear (new)(international bikes only)
Active exhaust Control 4th - 6th gear (new)(international bikes only)

Allows adjustment of the Exhaust Control Valve on the international bikes equipped with this option. Has no effect on bikes not equipped with the option.

Head Temperature MAP (new)

Controls when the Head Temperature Lambda/AFR table is active.

Warmup Spark (new)

Controls addition Spark when engine is first started

IAT Spark correction(new)

Controls Spark modifier based on the Intake Air Temperature

Head Temperature Lambda/AFR (new)

Controls an additional Fuel control under special conditions

Head Temperature Spark Correction (new)

Spark modifier based on the indirect measured Head Temperature,
this is not used in many calibrations

Coyote

Quote from: Steve Cole on September 05, 2012, 07:30:31 PM
The files placed there by the owner of them are public for any TTS Software user to use. Guess I should have them put up a release statement on the site stating just that. The MTE files are only any good for the bike they came out of and the *.MT8 files would have started life as a TTS Base Calibration.

I guess I can see some real issues from this especially where the tuning file is uploaded. You will eventually have someone downloading tuning files and sticking them in their bike to see how they do. A malicious person could upload some pretty bad tuning files I would guess and potentially trash someones motor?

For the MTE files, I think most would be better to just upload it to a free file sharing site with restricted access guaranteed. But that's JMO.

hrdtail78

BUT... If people change the file comment file. We could have a great data base for combinations out there. All depends on what people want to do... ??
Semper Fi

Coyote

Quote from: hrdtail78 on September 05, 2012, 08:31:58 PM
BUT... If people change the file comment file. We could have a great data base for combinations out there. All depends on what people want to do... ??

Really? You would trust whatever was posted?    :unsure:

feng jui

Hi Steve,

Thx for the reply concerning cables. I need the J1850 kit and I guess the USB cable as well (as I do not have any Laptop with serial interface anymore), or is USB interface now included with the kit?

Another question to getting a better understanding on the maps I can download from your repository. There is a map matchig my (still) european stock configuration (EFQ something). Is this already an optimized map for my CVO 1800 stock HDI model or just the same as what I have on the bike from Factory?

I would like to learn to use TTS step by step so an already optimize map for stock configuration might be great to experiance a difference without already running a vtune, which will be the next step once the first mods come in.
Thx for the kind support in the forum, I am new to HD and as such will be new to TTS and mods as well.

Jui

hrdtail78

Quote from: Coyote on September 05, 2012, 09:30:30 PM
Quote from: hrdtail78 on September 05, 2012, 08:31:58 PM

Really? You would trust whatever was posted?    :unsure:

Whatever was posted, No!  But let's say in the tuning comments that it was for a 96 stage 2 build with a Andrew's 48 cam.  Final done by RC Cycles.  Just for example.  I would have no problems using this for a "starter" cal.  Then again I understand all Cals are just a starting point anyway.  Like I said.  It depends on what people want to do with this.  For me.  Correctly labeling things, is a must for tuning.  We can nickpick it all day, but I don't see it any different than using a starter cal from Kury's website.  Or people coming on here looking for a starter cals.
Semper Fi

Steve Cole

Quote from: Coyote on September 05, 2012, 08:03:05 PM
Quote from: Steve Cole on September 05, 2012, 07:30:31 PM

I guess I can see some real issues from this especially where the tuning file is uploaded. You will eventually have someone downloading tuning files and sticking them in their bike to see how they do. A malicious person could upload some pretty bad tuning files I would guess and potentially trash someones motor?

For the MTE files, I think most would be better to just upload it to a free file sharing site with restricted access guaranteed. But that's JMO.

Yes, someone could put a bad calibration file there but it's no different than putting one here on the forum or anywhere else. The truth is you can choose to do whatever you like and we have provided a free service to all TTS Users to store there own files. You can name them how you like and put what comments in you like, it's all up to you. No one can change the files, they can only take a copy of it. So it's really simple to store your own files so you can download them later if you need too. If they choose to use one from someone else, that is there choice, and that comes with certain risk just as everything else in this life does. Typically a bad calibration isn't going to run right and your going to know it long before any damage is going to occur.

Customers have asked for away to share calibrations and store them so that they can be retrieved at anytime, We have provided that for them now.

feng jui

Both cables for the unit are included in cable kit so if you order a J1850 cable kit you get two cables in the box. You can go to our website and download the "Tuning Guide" which will walk you through how to work with things. You can also download the current software if you like by downloading and installing the tts_software_updater-setup-121.zip from 

http://www.mastertune.net/downloads.htm

Nebraskarider1

Since I don't have a serial port on my laptop and need usb and my bike is j1850 I would need the usb to serial cable, along with the j1850 kit. Is that correct?

Steve Cole

All you need for the new unit is the J1850 cable kit. The new unit is USB only.

redmtrckl

Any word on the new software for downloading?
Yes! I am an Infidel.
And proud of it!

Tsani

Quote from: blkmtrckl on September 14, 2012, 06:26:39 AM
Any word on the new software for downloading?

He answered that over in the Vendor section. Possibly by the end of this week.
ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

TheBobs

September 14, 2012, 09:16:04 AM #37 Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 09:12:31 PM by TheBobs
Edited

Mr. Wizard

Software is up... Hint: kill your antivirus. Avast stopped the download, then the install. Downloading my third try now.

redmtrckl

Got mine downloaded. PC Tools stopped it the first time.
Yes! I am an Infidel.
And proud of it!

Thumper Buttercup

With our 04 Ultra and running a MT8 is there any advantage to running the
new software??
04 Ultra, 95 Cu, 48N, Larry's Heads TTS

redmtrckl

Quote from: Thumper Buttercup on September 16, 2012, 06:26:39 AM
new software??

I think the Vtune is supposed to be able to sample more fasterer.
That's the biggest plus I see right now.
Yes! I am an Infidel.
And proud of it!

Jeffd

Quote from: blkmtrckl on September 16, 2012, 06:42:18 AM
Quote from: Thumper Buttercup on September 16, 2012, 06:26:39 AM
new software??

I think the Vtune is supposed to be able to sample more fasterer.
That's the biggest plus I see right now.

I thought that had more to do with the canbus system.

Rider57

Faster on the canbus only.
107ci, 408b, 10:5:1, Heads by Wes Brown, Thunders.

Tsani

Thumper, So far the biggest advantage about the new software for us guys using the older setup is that the vtune can use mutiple data runs along with the cal file. So if I have a file were I concentrated on the low areas and another that did elsewhere, I can use em both. I can see where that is a big help.
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

Thumper Buttercup

Quote from: Tsani on September 16, 2012, 10:08:10 AM
Thumper, So far the biggest advantage about the new software for us guys using the older setup is that the vtune can use mutiple data runs along with the cal file. So if I have a file were I concentrated on the low areas and another that did elsewhere, I can use em both. I can see where that is a big help.

Thanks, just looking if it's worth our time being we are almost done.
04 Ultra, 95 Cu, 48N, Larry's Heads TTS

Mr. Wizard

Need to get used to the "increment" and "decrement" buttons being switched. The increment is on top now.  :doh:

emxgarcia

Simple confirmation request:
From what I see. The HD06 firmware update refers to the new interface. Correct?
'07 FLHX • SE204 • K&N 3933 • Akrapovic 2:1 • TTS • Progressive Touring Link

pauly

Hi,

I've updated the updater to 1.21, and it reports that on my installation, there's nothing to update... but my Mastertune is V 1.8.4, last updated in 2011 - Is there something wrong my end, or is the new version not out yet?
Thanks
Pauly

Hilly13

Pauly have look at the list of downloads, tick the boxes that you want and hit download, that should do it :)
Just because its said don't make it so

FSG

It should update/install the other files

pauly

Nope!
From the updater, I check the ones I have installed....

...and then I get this....

Advice?

Thanks
Pauly

FSG

check the yellow ones so they will install then apply selected updates

pauly

G'day FSG,

Thanks mate. I gave it a go but same result  :emoGroan:

Pauly

Hilly13

pauly

Yes - surely! :nix:

I should clarify - I checked the yellow ones, and when I proceeded, I got the same message (One or more alre already up to date...) .. Then clicking ok installed the 'yellow' programs. Re-runnign the updater just got me back to square one.
:idunno:
I wanna see the new version!

Thanks
Pauly

Hilly13

Going by that they should be on your computer....no new shortcuts on your desktop?

Looky like this...

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

Mr. Wizard

Pauly

Go to your computer control panel and .....Uninstall all DataMaster, VTune and Mastertune TTS products from your computer.

Do not uninstall "Updater" or the "Manual".

If you have the DataMaster 2, VTune 2 and Mastertune 2 installed then go ahead and uninstall them as well. Why?... This will allow the "version 2" to associate the file extensions with the new software when you go back to your updater.

Reboot

Turn off your antivirus program.

Run the TTS Updater

Click on the box for HD06 Firmware Updater, MasterTune 2, DataMaster 2 and VTune 2 programs and apply selected updates.

As they are installing select all the defaults. Even if it says there is a newer version file, select install the older version.

Turn your antivirus back on and reboot just for luck.

Doing it this way gave me no issues. BUT>>> if you don't uninstall the old Mastertune, Datamaster and VTune programs all your scan, calibration files will open up with the older version software.

Hope you are well Pauly

-wiz

wurk_truk

I just did like Hilly said and updated the yellow "2" versions.  Worked great and now have 2 icons for Mastertune, Datamaster, and Mastertune on my desktop.  Wiz is correct in that all your previous files are associated with the older versions of things, BUT...  if you open any of the "2" programs, and THEN pick what you wish to open, the older files open up in the "2" programs without any hitch!.
Oh No!

Tsani

Quote from: wurk_truk on September 17, 2012, 03:03:47 PM
I just did like Hilly said and updated the yellow "2" versions.  Worked great and now have 2 icons for Mastertune, Datamaster, and Mastertune on my desktop.  Wiz is correct in that all your previous files are associated with the older versions of things, BUT...  if you open any of the "2" programs, and THEN pick what you wish to open, the older files open up in the "2" programs without any hitch!.

True, but in my WIndows &, if I go to the directory where my tune files are and right click on the file I want to open or do it in "Recent Items", the pop up asks if I want to open it in say Mastertune 2. I click yes and it will open it in the older version. I just slicked the older stuff out so now it is not a problem.
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

wurk_truk

September 17, 2012, 05:59:16 PM #60 Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 06:01:53 PM by wurk_truk
I could NOT change the properties at all, still opens with MT1 if click on the tune file, but...  if I open MT2, and from there pick the file, it opens right up in MT2.

I'm going to keep v184 around for awhile, until I see whats up.  Like right now, I still have a laptop left with V157 to run the MT7s on.  I DO like I can have MT1 and MT2 on the same PC.  Thanks Steve.
Oh No!

pauly

Thanks Guys - Tha got it.
Don't know what I was expecting but when the same (as the old) interface greeted me - I was a little disappointed!  :pop: Never mind - Thanks again.
Pauly

pauly

You know what _would_ be good?

Active Exhaust control for Neutral only - IE, when you're pulled over and the bikes in neutral, and the cop tells you to rev it.. nice and quiet. :-)

Pauly

hdmanillac

September 18, 2012, 09:04:03 AM #63 Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 10:06:51 AM by hdmanillac
When I eared about a new mastertune 2 I was happy and expecting a new terminal with a touch screen better than Power Vision and brand new cals.

:bike:

I must say I'm a little bit disapointed. The new tuner brings usb and multiplexing for concerned bikes and that all folks...

:cry:

I guess Power Vision will take the leadership soon and stay ahead for a while !

:scoot:
2017 FLHR + 2019 FXLR + 2007 XL1200R

Rider57

Quote from: wurk_truk on September 17, 2012, 05:59:16 PM
I could NOT change the properties at all, still opens with MT1 if click on the tune file, but...  if I open MT2, and from there pick the file, it opens right up in MT2.

I'm going to keep v184 around for awhile, until I see whats up.  Like right now, I still have a laptop left with V157 to run the MT7s on.  I DO like I can have MT1 and MT2 on the same PC.  Thanks Steve.
Your file associations and default installation paths are different than the MT1. That is why.
107ci, 408b, 10:5:1, Heads by Wes Brown, Thunders.

Tsani

Quote from: hdmanillac on September 18, 2012, 09:04:03 AM
When I eared about a new mastertune 2 I was happy and expecting a new terminal with a touch screen better than Power Vision and brand new cals.

I must say I'm a little bit deapointed. The new tuner brings usb and multiplexing for concerned bikes and that all folks...

I guess Power Vision will take the leadership soon and stay ahead for while !

Don't be so quick to judge. They didn't get it all up because of personal issues. Try reading the Vendor section of the forum.
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

wurk_truk

September 19, 2012, 12:25:58 PM #66 Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 12:34:42 PM by wurk_truk
Quote from: hdmanillac on September 18, 2012, 09:04:03 AM

I must say I'm a little bit disapointed. The new tuner brings usb and multiplexing for concerned bikes and that all folks...

I guess Power Vision will take the leadership soon and stay ahead for a while !

That, actually, is a ridiculous statement.  In a dyno environment, having the ability to use an actual computer for histograms, etc, wins hands down.  Read Mayor's thread a bit closer, and I can easily see that tuning with PV actually sucks on a dyno.

And... if TWO guys couldn't easily see PVs 'histogram' while on a stationary dyno, imagine how hard it will be to do so while on the road. 

NO PV in MY future, unless I am specifically asked to do so. 

If YOU, hdmanillac, keep posting negatives and how great that CAR tuner you like in specific TTS threads, I guess I can do the same with that junk CAR tuner you so enjoy, and infect all of those threads.

Here, is the REAL Power Vision by the REAL manufacturer.....http://www.drewtech.com/enthusiast/index.html

Thats a TOY in the Auto world as it stands today, NOT a tuner.

TTS is an actual tuning product specifically made for OUR bikes, and is not some CAR junk converted over to tune bikes with.

If you wish 'touch screens'. etc............. you got NO idea of what and how tuning works anyways.

Oh No!

hdmanillac

I was just telling about my feeling. I'm not a professionnal user and do not have the chance to tune my bike on a dyno. So I try to do it myself on the road as I can with the most easy to use device on the market. 

I know that TTS is maybe the best stuf associated to a dyno. I think TTS Cals are also the most accurate for our bikes. And the TTS tuning Guide is my Bible. I often read TTS cals to improve my own work.

So I appologize for all the troubles I Brought there...

:embarrassed:

Hilly13

Here is an idea, instead of showing us how little you know about Mastertune just start your own thread so fellow minded sorts can agree then we wont have to read it when we look into the thread that interests us :wink:

No offence intended

Steve Cole

Quote from: hdmanillac on September 19, 2012, 12:52:19 PM
I was just telling about my feeling. I'm not a professionnal user and do not have the chance to tune my bike on a dyno. So I try to do it myself on the road as I can with the most easy to use device on the market. 

I know that TTS is maybe the best stuf associated to a dyno. I think TTS Cals are also the most accurate for our bikes. And the TTS tuning Guide is my Bible. I often read TTS cals to improve my own work.

So I appologize for all the troubles I Brought there...

:embarrassed:

So how many times have you used the TTS System on a bike in the field? If you look at what others are saying about the PV somethings your saying just do not add up. Sure is funny that the other guys all send there users to our guides, calibrations and tuning methods. Then they try to copy how our units work with a few small changes and you want to call it the easiest device to use.

Let's compare what you have to do to what a TTS user has to do.

First you wire the PV to your bike and find a place to mount it and buy a mount so you can do it. Then copy your stock file to the PV unit. Then you take the Laptop(PC) and hook to the PV and copy the stock file to the PC. Now you open the PC software to load the uploaded stock file or a modified supplied file. That is four steps, two devices and two programs, along with mounting something else to the bike!  Now you have the calibration to tune the bike in the PC and you have to program it to the PV then use the PV to program the bike. Two more programs and two devices to get the job done.

TTS connect to the bike and upload stock calibration to PC, open modified supplied calibration and program the bike. One software program two steps......... DONE.

So the PV is easier to use you say, please show me that again as I just do not see it.

hdmanillac

September 19, 2012, 10:23:04 PM #70 Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 10:28:06 PM by hdmanillac
May be you are right.

But now with Autotune on the PV, you don't need any PC on board to get your original cal, tune it, flash it, and log to check. You can do everything easilly from the side of the road. And with the screen you can monitor le log when doing your VE and improve some areas of map.

Many bikes do not offer the possibility to bring a PC in a Tourpak or saddlebag. And PCs don't like vibrations (good or bad vibrations).

I'm just speaking about the way to use the device without a dyno, as a lambda user. I'm not speaking about intrinsic quality of the device of course.

I appolozise again and I won't disturb this thread again.

:oops: :embarrassed:

pauly

I'm gonna ignore the stuff about other tuners as this _is_ the TTS forum isn't it?

Just thought I'd mention - I LOVE the fact I can now apply MULTIPLE data files to Vtune - Very useful, and results in nicer 'looking' tables. Can't wait to ride one of them :-)

Pauly

Steve Cole

Quote from: hdmanillac on September 19, 2012, 10:23:04 PM
May be you are right.

But now with Autotune on the PV, you don't need any PC on board to get your original cal, tune it, flash it, and log to check. You can do everything easilly from the side of the road. And with the screen you can monitor le log when doing your VE and improve some areas of map.

Many bikes do not offer the possibility to bring a PC in a Tourpak or saddlebag. And PCs don't like vibrations (good or bad vibrations).

I'm just speaking about the way to use the device without a dyno, as a lambda user. I'm not speaking about intrinsic quality of the device of course.

I appolozise again and I won't disturb this thread again.

:oops: :embarrassed:

Each and every feature your listing, DJ has copied and has been in the TTS system for over 4 years now with one exception and that is that the TTS uses the PC to do it with. Since the features you talk about are only in Beta not released to the general public no one really knows how well they are going to truely work yet. There is a whole list of things that the TTS can do that the DJ PV still cannot. Look, its a nice device I just think it would be much nicer if they had not copied every feature from ours and tell users to use our manuals since they do not know how the things work. You can buy the copy cat but do not think for one moment that it has all the features or is easier to use. Also for the record the copycat is also priced about $150 more than our device and has less features as well.

ViennaHog

Does the new software work with the old interface? I know that the older cals will not be further developped, just curious

Steve Cole

The new software runs the old TTS interface along with the new TTS Interface. The new features will only be fore the new interface in the future as the old one just doesn't have the necessary things in it to handle the future updates.

Tsani

Any chance of a trade up deal?  :teeth:
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

pauly

:agree:
Sounds like a plan.
Pauly

FSG

--Version 2.1.7 26-Sep-2012
   Production Release
   Bugfix: Unable to restore from some MTE files
   Bugfix: No error message if MTE file not matched to vehicle
   NOTE: Documentation not updated, v215

FSG

Why have all the updates reported the TTS HD06 USB Driver out of date and requiring an update ?

pauly

G'day - I've also see the USB out of date thing each time I update. - Even within the same update instance (IE; Updating Vtune, MasterTune, and DataMaster at the same time)
Pauly

ViennaHog

same here. losing trust in the software. Was about to purchase a double digit number of units from the European distributor, but the combination of ECM lock and software stability issues made me put that on hold. I love the overall idea of the TTS, but waiting for more than a year and then receive a buggy and incomplete software is not for me.
Sorry Steve, I will wait until things clear up.

pauly

G'day Viennahog,

I'm also in the software business and I can tell you - there are _always_ bugs, and then there are resolutions. That's the nature of this business. TTS is a very stable piece of software and I think Steve and his crew have an effective and robust QA procedure.
In your position, I'd reconsider the purchase, as (looking at the options) there's not much better, and the automatic update procedure means that while the majority of your units are still on the shelf, issues will be resolved and the update procedure will take care of it.

Anyway - As always -Have fun!  :chop: :chop:

Pauly

Steve Cole

September 27, 2012, 08:47:08 AM #82 Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 09:29:00 AM by Steve Cole
Quote from: pauly on September 27, 2012, 01:00:28 AM
G'day - I've also see the USB out of date thing each time I update. - Even within the same update instance (IE; Updating Vtune, MasterTune, and DataMaster at the same time)
Pauly

I do not understand what you are saying here. When you run the updater you are getting a message that says this? I just ran the updater to update my system and did not see what you are saying.

burgies08ultra

i always get that message to update also...
burgie
2013 road glide,2009 road king

ViennaHog

With every instance of mastertune or vtune update, the message shows up

Tsani

September 27, 2012, 09:39:27 AM #85 Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 09:41:39 AM by Tsani
Steve, same here. Happens with every upgrade or reinstall. Clicking yes goes in to the Driver wizard installer. Minor inconvienence, but there none the less. This:

ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

ViennaHog

that is the one and the updating has to be completed. If u cancel that instance it will stop the entire update process. WIN7 or xp no difference.

Steve Cole

We will look into it. I did not get it when I updated my PC but that's the deal with various software on the PC with Windows. Sometimes it will do different things based on what is already on your system. Are you updating with the interface already connected to the PC?

wurk_truk

September 27, 2012, 03:00:45 PM #88 Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 04:10:52 PM by wurk_truk
Steve, when I tried to update Mastertune.  I HAD to load the 'new' updated driver for HD06, or... the update would cancel.  I am using Win8 and get the boxes similar to Tsani's.  I'm not Steve, nothing hooked up at all.
Oh No!

FSG

QuoteAre you updating with the interface already connected to the PC?
In my case no.

Mr. Wizard

Quote from: wurk_truk on September 27, 2012, 03:00:45 PM
Steve, when I tried to update Mastertune.  I HAD to load the 'new' updated driver for HD06, or... the update would cancel.  I am using Win8 and get the boxes similar to Tsani's.

Happened to me each time I upgraded mastertune via the TTS updater software 1.2.1.
Win7 Pro 64 bit SP1, Water cooled  ICore 7 -2600  3.40 Mhz, 16 g ram.

Tsani

When I update, it is with nothing hooked up. I will try it with a hookup but I have the older one.
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

Steve Cole

WEll I do not know what to say at this point. We have updated via the updater and not gotten the screen you are. There is a new update for Mastertune so see if you still get it. I update with nothing connected and with all programs closed. Let me know what happens with the new Mastertune2 v2.1.8 update.

Coyote

September 27, 2012, 06:30:09 PM #93 Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 06:39:13 PM by Coyote
Yes it is still doing it. Every time I update as well. This screen shot from tonight's update. I have previously completed the driver update twice. No dongle attached to this machine.

Mr. Wizard

Same here Steve... Call me and I'll let you take over my main computer. There may be files you need to look at in the program before and after the .8 update.

Steve Cole

What Windows OS are you running?

Coyote

Mr. Wizard

1 Laptop with XP Pro
1 Laptop with Win 7 Pro
1 Desktop I7 Win 7 Pro

Mr. Wizard

I won't update the I7 from .7 to .8 until you are sure you don't need to see what's happening.

Steve Cole

Mine is XP pro SP3 and doesn't do it but we will look into more in the morning.

Tsani

1 notebook with Win7 32 bit
1 laptop with Win 7 64 Bit
Desktop with Win 7 64 bit

Right now I am trying it out on my Laptop. Currenty MasterTune V2.1.7, upgrade to 2.1.8 with no dongle, it asks for Drivers upgrades to be done. So now I am trying it with the interface attached (old style). Back to ya in a bit.
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

Tsani

Same result. Interface plugged into laptop, bike off.
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

Mr. Wizard

Steve.... Depending on my day I should be in the office.

It could be the driver says it's updating but is not. A before and after look in the program files will tell you. Your program may be looking at one file and updating another. Hard to say.. you guys will know if you take a look on a box that's doing the file update over and over.

FSG

September 27, 2012, 06:59:17 PM #103 Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 07:08:59 PM by FSG
XP pro SP3, Vista (yes I know  :emsad: ) and Win7 Pro are all doing it.

Curious why these 25MB Update Downloads couldn't be done better by just patching a previous version?

Here's the message

Revision History:
--Version 2.1.8 27-Sep-2012
   Production Release
§   Bugfix: CamTune IVO setting not saved for 358 cals
§   NOTE: Documentation not updated, v215

FSG

Quote from: ViennaHog on September 27, 2012, 09:46:47 AM
that is the one and the updating has to be completed. If u cancel that instance it will stop the entire update process. WIN7 or xp no difference. 
and remove the just downloaded 25MB File from the system so you end up having to download it again   :crook:

lonewolf

I was getting that message a couple of updates ago. Last couple of times no message on win7, xp and vista.

ViennaHog

When I check the installed sw and drivers on my win7 in the 'programs and features' section I find an entry like 'Microsoft winHD06usbdriver' with a date and a version number, but no size. When I try to uninstall it, it fails. file cannot be found or similar. Here leis the issue bcs I see that on 3 comps that show the update problem and not on the only one that works normally. (win7 HP notebook).

FSG

Tsani

If you look in your software removal function, you will see a number of software that appears to have no size. Which is not true at all. The HD06 driver does have size if you look where the software actually resides. It is simply either not installing or failing to be recognized.

Question- How many of us that are having this problem actually have the HD06 interface?
I do not. But IMHO that should not cause the software to bug out. It should not matter if I have the interface or not. The driver should install regardless if the installer needs to see it to install the update. It should not matter since we can still use the J1850 interface with this software.
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

Steve Cole

Windows only installs drivers as they are used and this maybe what is happening. If those of you that are seeing the driver screen have not yet used the new interface let me know. We are going to setup a machine fresh and see if the screen appears for us today. So far we have checked on every OS from Win XP to Win 7 and no such screen appears but all our systems have had a new interface attached so the driver was installed already.

Tsani

I have not used the new interface yet.
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

Steve Cole

IF you have NOT connected a new interface then the driver is not getting installed and this would be why the updater is showing you the screen you are getting. Windows puts drivers into a pre-installed state until they are used for the first time. As long as they are only pre-installed we cannot auto detect them when an update is being done so it installs them again, thinking it is not there. We will look into things and see if there is another way around it, but it's not doing anything wrong and does not cause any issues as it is today other than <clicking> through the extra install.

Mr. Wizard

I have not used the new interface as of yet. Will soon though.

ViennaHog

Looks like a nuissance and not more. Will have a new interface soon and install the driver then.

wurk_truk

What new interface?   HAHA!!!  Your explanation sounds about right for me.  Two machines running Win8, and one running a very slow... WIn7.
Oh No!

Tsani

ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

wurk_truk

I have the developers copy of Win8 on one laptop and my desktop.  Work laptop has 7.  Got bored one night.  NOT good on the desktop, but my personal laptop really is a windows touch pad thing.  Bigger than an IPod but Win 8 fixed the keyboard so its actually useable, so for that, its a plus.  It has an solid state HD, so its kinda cool.
Oh No!

Tsani

The notebook I use on the bike has a SDHD. Only way to go!
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

wurk_truk

I haven't v-tuned with it, but I have plugged into the bike and made changes with no problem.   it is an ASUS.
Oh No!

Tsani

Mines an ASUS PEB1005. Damn thing takes a lickin and keeps on tickin. My Son used it in Afghanistan and then gave it to when he got his Apple. Little thing is great and fits perfectly in the saddlebag with room to spare. Battery lasts forever too.
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

hrdtail78

I quite getting this with my dyno computer a couple updates ago.  Still got it on my shop desktop and home.  I brought a HD06 vci and plugged it in my home computer before updating to .8.  No driver install crap.  I didn't have to wait another minute.

Hopefully you are interested enough now Truk.
Semper Fi

ViennaHog

looks like the solution.
Got another issue that puzzles me. When I activate bluetooth on my laptop to communicate with shop devices, MT2 will not recognize the old module (still dont have an new one at hand). I checked for port conflcits etc. and rearranged ports just to be sure. No luck. Only if I disable BT, MT2 will recognize the module.
Any insights?

Tsani

Wel I gotta say those of us who have not bought the new interface yet should not have to put with that driver crap. A minor inconveince sure, but what the hey.
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

hrdtail78

I think it is more of a window thing.  Don't install it.  It will keep asking, just say no.  My understanding is it is putting the drivers on but not installing them until a vci is pluuged it.  When you plug it in.  Then windows finish's the install.  You don't need those drivers to look at the new stuff or using an old vci for anything.  Just make sure you do get it before plugging in a HD06 vci.

Semper Fi

Coyote

Quote from: hrdtail78 on September 29, 2012, 07:52:39 AM
I think it is more of a window thing. 

Yes and no. It can easily be resolved with the TTS installer. The installer can either look for the files, not the driver installation or it could simply have a check box to bypass the driver installation.

Tsani

Yeah. I kinda figured that is was more Windows than anything. But I used to write code so I think there is a way around it in the product. It kinda makes the installation process clunky and others will call it a bug. The other issue which is a non issue AFAIAC, is the locking of the ECM to protect the tune. I haven't heard a lot of people other than the usual crowd complaining about it. But, if it does indeed keep the DT from repairing the ECM, then maybe there should be a choice option clearly stating that by not choosing to lock the ECM, your tune could be wiped out by the HD Tech or novce user and it's not the responsibility of TTS. At some point, this crap has to stop and the users need to accept some responsibility. After all, we are going agaisnt the mandate of the EPA unless of course we are only racing :wink:. The driver deal is not a big issue for me. But then, I am not slamming the product all over the place every chance I get either. I would rather help them make it even better. It does what I expect and want it to.
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

pauly

A check box in the installation package- "Install WinUSB driver?" would do the trick.
Pauly

hrdtail78

Quote from: Coyote on September 29, 2012, 07:57:26 AM

Yes and no. It can easily be resolved with the TTS installer. The installer can either look for the files, not the driver installation or it could simply have a check box to bypass the driver installation.

Thanks, I have enough understanding of programming to understand it isn't a simple thing to do and work correctly on everybody's OS, antivirus, and firewalls.  Not something I really have a understanding with. It's only been since I started tuning 5 years ago did my eyes first start opening.

Locked ECM's.  I understand it is a big deal, but blown a little out of the water around here.  Of all the MTE files I have saved for customers. I have been called once for it. I do understand that maybe I am not a great example. If you are at my Indy shop getting a tune. You are probably done with the dealers, and only go there for thing you absolutely have to. But since I have learned to marry TSM's and TSSM's without a DT. Dealers see less of my customers bikes. Marrying FOBs is still a dealer thing, but the locked ECM still does this. It would be nice to see a chart of what the DT can do to a ECM compared to a locked one. I read on the forum Internet truths but haven't read clear cut info on the subject.  And the guys that have researched it, probably won't throw out the info to freely. Might undermine their propaganda.   
Semper Fi

Tsani

I am pretty sure the maker of TTS knows. And if both sides of the debate could calmly and smartly dicuss it then maybe it would clear the air once and for all. But I doubt it would happen. That said, I doubt I will ever have a problem with it. The ECM is pretty damn robust and there is not one thing the dealer needs access to my ECM for, if I ever let them even touch it. Newer bikes, eh. FOBS and Anti-lock braking systems which I don't have on my 05. And as far as I know, the dealers can do them. The one standout that was being "discussed", well it does seems as tho the Dealer Techs did something to help that situation along. Was hard to follow that mess. And that is about all I have to say about that. Just my opinion ya know.
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

Steve Cole

We are working with the software installer to see if we can cleanly find a way around the preinstall driver issue. It's not as simple as some would think when you drill down to everything it touches on a PC. The interplay between all the various programs these days is getting harder and harder to make everything run cleanly and in real time. Much easier to do when you do not have to worry about real time high speed data coming at you and the PC is also running other unknown programs at the same time as we are running. Windows by it's very nature goes off and does things that you may not know about due to other programs being install and we have to handle them best we can. As people find an issue with other things running all we can do is solve them as we go along.

ViennaHog

What laptop and what OS is on it that your having trouble with? The conflict is most likely down at the com driver level that the Blue tooth isn't getting along with our com drivers. The joys of windows programming. Mastertune2 uses a new auto find routine at the com level so you no longer have to set a com port and that is where, my bet, the issue is coming from. I will see if we can figure it out and make any necessary changes to work around what is happening for you, but I need to know what you have so we can start to look at it.

FSG

QuoteA check box in the installation package- "Install WinUSB driver?" would do the trick.
:agree:   with the check box ticked by default.

Quote...... Don't install it.  It will keep asking, just say no.
If the HD06 Firmware Updater is not installed, you still get the message and it's an OK or Cancel choice.

and as I've said earlier Cancel will remove the just downloaded 25MB File from the system so you end up having to download it again, unless you have saved a copy of the downloaded files before pressing the Apply Selected Updates Button.

ViennaHog

September 29, 2012, 12:43:30 PM #131 Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 12:50:55 PM by ViennaHog
I changed ports around to try, but no luck yet. It is an HP latest model with win7 64bit will give you the specifics Monday.

Tsani

September 29, 2012, 02:55:33 PM #132 Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 02:59:08 PM by Tsani
BTW Steve, forgot to say, I like that Auto Port selection setup :up:

FSG, when using the updater, I have not seen a chance to save the file. However I do know where to look :wink:
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

FSG

Quote.....  I have not seen a chance to save the file. However I do know where to look :wink: 
:up:  I do to and you'd better save it before pressing the Apply Selected Updates Button or else poof ....

wurk_truk

Just installed 2.18MT on the desktop.  This time around, it did NOT force me to load HD06, nor even mention it.
Oh No!

Steve Cole

Quote from: ViennaHog on September 29, 2012, 12:43:30 PM
I changed ports around to try, but no luck yet. It is an HP latest model with win7 64bit will give you the specifics Monday.

I do not believe that you are going to be able to do anything about it, it's going to be on us to find a solution for you.

ViennaHog

Steve I verified the issue on three different computers:

all Win 7

HP Probook 4520S                     64bit
HP Compaq MiniTower dx 2440 64bit
HP Compaq 6710b                     32bit

When the BT adapter is active, MT2 or DM2 will not recognize the old interface. When I pull the BT usb module from the minitower, MT2 will recognize the adapter after a restart of the program. I can even plug the BT usb module back in and the interface remains online.
If I restart the comp all starts from the beginning.

Similar deal with the laptops. I have to disable the BT adapter in system to make MT2 work.

Some conflict at a com port level that I cannot get to. Will verify that on an old xp machine with a built-in BT module

More than a nuisance I have to say

ViennaHog

Quote from: hrdtail78 on September 29, 2012, 10:33:02 AM
Quote from: Coyote on September 29, 2012, 07:57:26 AM

Thanks, I have enough understanding of programming to understand it isn't a simple thing to do and work correctly on everybody's OS, antivirus, and firewalls.  Not something I really have a understanding with. It's only been since I started tuning 5 years ago did my eyes first start opening.

Locked ECM's.  I understand it is a big deal, but blown a little out of the water around here.  Of all the MTE files I have saved for customers. I have been called once for it. I do understand that maybe I am not a great example. If you are at my Indy shop getting a tune. You are probably done with the dealers, and only go there for thing you absolutely have to. But since I have learned to marry TSM's and TSSM's without a DT. Dealers see less of my customers bikes. Marrying FOBs is still a dealer thing, but the locked ECM still does this. It would be nice to see a chart of what the DT can do to a ECM compared to a locked one. I read on the forum Internet truths but haven't read clear cut info on the subject.  And the guys that have researched it, probably won't throw out the info to freely. Might undermine their propaganda.

I sent you a PM about the hi-lited stuff

ViennaHog

Steve, installed a serial port on the microtower this morning and ran MT2 via serial connector and BT for a different application in parallel. After the installation it took one restart and now they play. Dunno the difference in port management when it comes to serial interfaces. Anyway, just another bit of info. Am I the only one who runs BT and MT2 on the same comp?

wurk_truk

Hmmm, I have never had a BT conflict in the past.  I haven't hooked up MT2 to a bike yet, tho.  My ACTUAL tuning laptop is an old serial ported Dell 520 with everything turned off.  If I get a chance, I will try with each, XP, Win7 and Win 8 to see whats what, but, that will all be with old VCI.
Oh No!

Steve Cole

Not sure what is going on, but we are looking into it. We are thinking about having the Comm port selection with a manual select over-ride added so that if your having an issue with the auto detect it can be turned off and select a port the old way. What would you guys think of that idea? We have an update almost ready to go and MAY get it out tonight that might help some of the comm issues and we hope it handles the driver installer issue some are seeing when updating. Not sure if it will be tonight but that's what were hoping to get done.

wurk_truk

Some of the Siemens and AB PLC software has an auto detect that also allows you to pick the com port.  Works well.  Sometimes auto doesn't pick the correct port, so you just manually pick the one that should work.  I don't see a problem with you doing the same.
Oh No!

FSG

The Diagnostic Software for my Prins "Vapour Sequential Injection" has Auto Detect and Manual Selection, it works very well.

Steve Cole

The issue as we see it might be that while we are auto detecting the com ports another program is trying to do the same. How each program handles this can be an issue. Until the port is selected windows does not lock it out from other trying to check for it as well. Since other program use various ways to try and auto detect there device it could be an issue and that would explain why some have no issues and others do with the very same software.

We completed part of the updates and got them listed on the updater. There will be more tomorrow, Sorry for the delay in getting this done to those who are waiting for it.

FSG

The update of MasterTune2-HD to V2.1.9 has gone ahead without a hitch.   :up:

I still don't see why an update like this cannot be done via a patch rather than a 26MB download.   :emsad:

Revision History:
--Version 2.1.9 05-Oct-2012
   Production Release
   Update:  Added new ECM to access list
   NOTE: Documentation not updated, v215

FSG

On another note perhaps the updater window can be made to auto size the display for those that are keeping the old mastertune software installed.

Steve Cole

I can ask if we can do that since it may not have been designed for it. Back when we made the software for the updater we tried to keep it as simple as possible to avoid conflicts with all the various operating systems out there.

On another note the new interface runs much faster now and on the right combination of a J1850 bike and a fast PC you can see the Tach/Speedo operation get out of wack some only while recording data. This is not hurting anything but you may see it. We set the default speeds in DataMaster to what worked across the board here on a dozen various PC but it's close on some setups. If it bothers you just adjust the speed down on the Data Recording Control window but understand as you slow down the system you slow down the rate at which data gets recorded.

FSG

While it's more than likley off line for an update, is it possible for another page to be made available so that the below error is not reported?

Steve Cole

The cables to the service provider were cut so it has been down but is now back online.