News:

Mastertune 2

Started by Steve Cole, August 30, 2012, 08:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FSG

It should update/install the other files

pauly

Nope!
From the updater, I check the ones I have installed....

...and then I get this....

Advice?

Thanks
Pauly

FSG

check the yellow ones so they will install then apply selected updates

pauly

G'day FSG,

Thanks mate. I gave it a go but same result  :emoGroan:

Pauly

Hilly13

Just because its said don't make it so

pauly

Yes - surely! :nix:

I should clarify - I checked the yellow ones, and when I proceeded, I got the same message (One or more alre already up to date...) .. Then clicking ok installed the 'yellow' programs. Re-runnign the updater just got me back to square one.
:idunno:
I wanna see the new version!

Thanks
Pauly

Hilly13

Going by that they should be on your computer....no new shortcuts on your desktop?

Looky like this...

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

Mr. Wizard

Pauly

Go to your computer control panel and .....Uninstall all DataMaster, VTune and Mastertune TTS products from your computer.

Do not uninstall "Updater" or the "Manual".

If you have the DataMaster 2, VTune 2 and Mastertune 2 installed then go ahead and uninstall them as well. Why?... This will allow the "version 2" to associate the file extensions with the new software when you go back to your updater.

Reboot

Turn off your antivirus program.

Run the TTS Updater

Click on the box for HD06 Firmware Updater, MasterTune 2, DataMaster 2 and VTune 2 programs and apply selected updates.

As they are installing select all the defaults. Even if it says there is a newer version file, select install the older version.

Turn your antivirus back on and reboot just for luck.

Doing it this way gave me no issues. BUT>>> if you don't uninstall the old Mastertune, Datamaster and VTune programs all your scan, calibration files will open up with the older version software.

Hope you are well Pauly

-wiz

wurk_truk

I just did like Hilly said and updated the yellow "2" versions.  Worked great and now have 2 icons for Mastertune, Datamaster, and Mastertune on my desktop.  Wiz is correct in that all your previous files are associated with the older versions of things, BUT...  if you open any of the "2" programs, and THEN pick what you wish to open, the older files open up in the "2" programs without any hitch!.
Oh No!

Tsani

Quote from: wurk_truk on September 17, 2012, 03:03:47 PM
I just did like Hilly said and updated the yellow "2" versions.  Worked great and now have 2 icons for Mastertune, Datamaster, and Mastertune on my desktop.  Wiz is correct in that all your previous files are associated with the older versions of things, BUT...  if you open any of the "2" programs, and THEN pick what you wish to open, the older files open up in the "2" programs without any hitch!.

True, but in my WIndows &, if I go to the directory where my tune files are and right click on the file I want to open or do it in "Recent Items", the pop up asks if I want to open it in say Mastertune 2. I click yes and it will open it in the older version. I just slicked the older stuff out so now it is not a problem.
ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

wurk_truk

September 17, 2012, 05:59:16 PM #60 Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 06:01:53 PM by wurk_truk
I could NOT change the properties at all, still opens with MT1 if click on the tune file, but...  if I open MT2, and from there pick the file, it opens right up in MT2.

I'm going to keep v184 around for awhile, until I see whats up.  Like right now, I still have a laptop left with V157 to run the MT7s on.  I DO like I can have MT1 and MT2 on the same PC.  Thanks Steve.
Oh No!

pauly

Thanks Guys - Tha got it.
Don't know what I was expecting but when the same (as the old) interface greeted me - I was a little disappointed!  :pop: Never mind - Thanks again.
Pauly

pauly

You know what _would_ be good?

Active Exhaust control for Neutral only - IE, when you're pulled over and the bikes in neutral, and the cop tells you to rev it.. nice and quiet. :-)

Pauly

hdmanillac

September 18, 2012, 09:04:03 AM #63 Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 10:06:51 AM by hdmanillac
When I eared about a new mastertune 2 I was happy and expecting a new terminal with a touch screen better than Power Vision and brand new cals.

:bike:

I must say I'm a little bit disapointed. The new tuner brings usb and multiplexing for concerned bikes and that all folks...

:cry:

I guess Power Vision will take the leadership soon and stay ahead for a while !

:scoot:
2017 FLHR + 2019 FXLR + 2007 XL1200R

Rider57

Quote from: wurk_truk on September 17, 2012, 05:59:16 PM
I could NOT change the properties at all, still opens with MT1 if click on the tune file, but...  if I open MT2, and from there pick the file, it opens right up in MT2.

I'm going to keep v184 around for awhile, until I see whats up.  Like right now, I still have a laptop left with V157 to run the MT7s on.  I DO like I can have MT1 and MT2 on the same PC.  Thanks Steve.
Your file associations and default installation paths are different than the MT1. That is why.
107ci, 408b, 10:5:1, Heads by Wes Brown, Thunders.

Tsani

Quote from: hdmanillac on September 18, 2012, 09:04:03 AM
When I eared about a new mastertune 2 I was happy and expecting a new terminal with a touch screen better than Power Vision and brand new cals.

I must say I'm a little bit deapointed. The new tuner brings usb and multiplexing for concerned bikes and that all folks...

I guess Power Vision will take the leadership soon and stay ahead for while !

Don't be so quick to judge. They didn't get it all up because of personal issues. Try reading the Vendor section of the forum.
ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

wurk_truk

September 19, 2012, 12:25:58 PM #66 Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 12:34:42 PM by wurk_truk
Quote from: hdmanillac on September 18, 2012, 09:04:03 AM

I must say I'm a little bit disapointed. The new tuner brings usb and multiplexing for concerned bikes and that all folks...

I guess Power Vision will take the leadership soon and stay ahead for a while !

That, actually, is a ridiculous statement.  In a dyno environment, having the ability to use an actual computer for histograms, etc, wins hands down.  Read Mayor's thread a bit closer, and I can easily see that tuning with PV actually sucks on a dyno.

And... if TWO guys couldn't easily see PVs 'histogram' while on a stationary dyno, imagine how hard it will be to do so while on the road. 

NO PV in MY future, unless I am specifically asked to do so. 

If YOU, hdmanillac, keep posting negatives and how great that CAR tuner you like in specific TTS threads, I guess I can do the same with that junk CAR tuner you so enjoy, and infect all of those threads.

Here, is the REAL Power Vision by the REAL manufacturer.....http://www.drewtech.com/enthusiast/index.html

Thats a TOY in the Auto world as it stands today, NOT a tuner.

TTS is an actual tuning product specifically made for OUR bikes, and is not some CAR junk converted over to tune bikes with.

If you wish 'touch screens'. etc............. you got NO idea of what and how tuning works anyways.

Oh No!

hdmanillac

I was just telling about my feeling. I'm not a professionnal user and do not have the chance to tune my bike on a dyno. So I try to do it myself on the road as I can with the most easy to use device on the market. 

I know that TTS is maybe the best stuf associated to a dyno. I think TTS Cals are also the most accurate for our bikes. And the TTS tuning Guide is my Bible. I often read TTS cals to improve my own work.

So I appologize for all the troubles I Brought there...

:embarrassed:

Hilly13

Here is an idea, instead of showing us how little you know about Mastertune just start your own thread so fellow minded sorts can agree then we wont have to read it when we look into the thread that interests us :wink:

No offence intended

Steve Cole

Quote from: hdmanillac on September 19, 2012, 12:52:19 PM
I was just telling about my feeling. I'm not a professionnal user and do not have the chance to tune my bike on a dyno. So I try to do it myself on the road as I can with the most easy to use device on the market. 

I know that TTS is maybe the best stuf associated to a dyno. I think TTS Cals are also the most accurate for our bikes. And the TTS tuning Guide is my Bible. I often read TTS cals to improve my own work.

So I appologize for all the troubles I Brought there...

:embarrassed:

So how many times have you used the TTS System on a bike in the field? If you look at what others are saying about the PV somethings your saying just do not add up. Sure is funny that the other guys all send there users to our guides, calibrations and tuning methods. Then they try to copy how our units work with a few small changes and you want to call it the easiest device to use.

Let's compare what you have to do to what a TTS user has to do.

First you wire the PV to your bike and find a place to mount it and buy a mount so you can do it. Then copy your stock file to the PV unit. Then you take the Laptop(PC) and hook to the PV and copy the stock file to the PC. Now you open the PC software to load the uploaded stock file or a modified supplied file. That is four steps, two devices and two programs, along with mounting something else to the bike!  Now you have the calibration to tune the bike in the PC and you have to program it to the PV then use the PV to program the bike. Two more programs and two devices to get the job done.

TTS connect to the bike and upload stock calibration to PC, open modified supplied calibration and program the bike. One software program two steps......... DONE.

So the PV is easier to use you say, please show me that again as I just do not see it.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

hdmanillac

September 19, 2012, 10:23:04 PM #70 Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 10:28:06 PM by hdmanillac
May be you are right.

But now with Autotune on the PV, you don't need any PC on board to get your original cal, tune it, flash it, and log to check. You can do everything easilly from the side of the road. And with the screen you can monitor le log when doing your VE and improve some areas of map.

Many bikes do not offer the possibility to bring a PC in a Tourpak or saddlebag. And PCs don't like vibrations (good or bad vibrations).

I'm just speaking about the way to use the device without a dyno, as a lambda user. I'm not speaking about intrinsic quality of the device of course.

I appolozise again and I won't disturb this thread again.

:oops: :embarrassed:

pauly

I'm gonna ignore the stuff about other tuners as this _is_ the TTS forum isn't it?

Just thought I'd mention - I LOVE the fact I can now apply MULTIPLE data files to Vtune - Very useful, and results in nicer 'looking' tables. Can't wait to ride one of them :-)

Pauly

Steve Cole

Quote from: hdmanillac on September 19, 2012, 10:23:04 PM
May be you are right.

But now with Autotune on the PV, you don't need any PC on board to get your original cal, tune it, flash it, and log to check. You can do everything easilly from the side of the road. And with the screen you can monitor le log when doing your VE and improve some areas of map.

Many bikes do not offer the possibility to bring a PC in a Tourpak or saddlebag. And PCs don't like vibrations (good or bad vibrations).

I'm just speaking about the way to use the device without a dyno, as a lambda user. I'm not speaking about intrinsic quality of the device of course.

I appolozise again and I won't disturb this thread again.

:oops: :embarrassed:

Each and every feature your listing, DJ has copied and has been in the TTS system for over 4 years now with one exception and that is that the TTS uses the PC to do it with. Since the features you talk about are only in Beta not released to the general public no one really knows how well they are going to truely work yet. There is a whole list of things that the TTS can do that the DJ PV still cannot. Look, its a nice device I just think it would be much nicer if they had not copied every feature from ours and tell users to use our manuals since they do not know how the things work. You can buy the copy cat but do not think for one moment that it has all the features or is easier to use. Also for the record the copycat is also priced about $150 more than our device and has less features as well.

ViennaHog

Does the new software work with the old interface? I know that the older cals will not be further developped, just curious

Steve Cole

The new software runs the old TTS interface along with the new TTS Interface. The new features will only be fore the new interface in the future as the old one just doesn't have the necessary things in it to handle the future updates.