May 09, 2024, 07:08:55 AM

News:

Mastertune 2

Started by Steve Cole, August 30, 2012, 08:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsani

Yeah. I kinda figured that is was more Windows than anything. But I used to write code so I think there is a way around it in the product. It kinda makes the installation process clunky and others will call it a bug. The other issue which is a non issue AFAIAC, is the locking of the ECM to protect the tune. I haven't heard a lot of people other than the usual crowd complaining about it. But, if it does indeed keep the DT from repairing the ECM, then maybe there should be a choice option clearly stating that by not choosing to lock the ECM, your tune could be wiped out by the HD Tech or novce user and it's not the responsibility of TTS. At some point, this crap has to stop and the users need to accept some responsibility. After all, we are going agaisnt the mandate of the EPA unless of course we are only racing :wink:. The driver deal is not a big issue for me. But then, I am not slamming the product all over the place every chance I get either. I would rather help them make it even better. It does what I expect and want it to.
ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

pauly

A check box in the installation package- "Install WinUSB driver?" would do the trick.
Pauly

hrdtail78

Quote from: Coyote on September 29, 2012, 07:57:26 AM
Quote from: hrdtail78 on September 29, 2012, 07:52:39 AM
I think it is more of a window thing. 

Yes and no. It can easily be resolved with the TTS installer. The installer can either look for the files, not the driver installation or it could simply have a check box to bypass the driver installation.

Thanks, I have enough understanding of programming to understand it isn't a simple thing to do and work correctly on everybody's OS, antivirus, and firewalls.  Not something I really have a understanding with. It's only been since I started tuning 5 years ago did my eyes first start opening.

Locked ECM's.  I understand it is a big deal, but blown a little out of the water around here.  Of all the MTE files I have saved for customers. I have been called once for it. I do understand that maybe I am not a great example. If you are at my Indy shop getting a tune. You are probably done with the dealers, and only go there for thing you absolutely have to. But since I have learned to marry TSM's and TSSM's without a DT. Dealers see less of my customers bikes. Marrying FOBs is still a dealer thing, but the locked ECM still does this. It would be nice to see a chart of what the DT can do to a ECM compared to a locked one. I read on the forum Internet truths but haven't read clear cut info on the subject.  And the guys that have researched it, probably won't throw out the info to freely. Might undermine their propaganda.   
Semper Fi

Tsani

I am pretty sure the maker of TTS knows. And if both sides of the debate could calmly and smartly dicuss it then maybe it would clear the air once and for all. But I doubt it would happen. That said, I doubt I will ever have a problem with it. The ECM is pretty damn robust and there is not one thing the dealer needs access to my ECM for, if I ever let them even touch it. Newer bikes, eh. FOBS and Anti-lock braking systems which I don't have on my 05. And as far as I know, the dealers can do them. The one standout that was being "discussed", well it does seems as tho the Dealer Techs did something to help that situation along. Was hard to follow that mess. And that is about all I have to say about that. Just my opinion ya know.
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

Steve Cole

We are working with the software installer to see if we can cleanly find a way around the preinstall driver issue. It's not as simple as some would think when you drill down to everything it touches on a PC. The interplay between all the various programs these days is getting harder and harder to make everything run cleanly and in real time. Much easier to do when you do not have to worry about real time high speed data coming at you and the PC is also running other unknown programs at the same time as we are running. Windows by it's very nature goes off and does things that you may not know about due to other programs being install and we have to handle them best we can. As people find an issue with other things running all we can do is solve them as we go along.

ViennaHog

What laptop and what OS is on it that your having trouble with? The conflict is most likely down at the com driver level that the Blue tooth isn't getting along with our com drivers. The joys of windows programming. Mastertune2 uses a new auto find routine at the com level so you no longer have to set a com port and that is where, my bet, the issue is coming from. I will see if we can figure it out and make any necessary changes to work around what is happening for you, but I need to know what you have so we can start to look at it.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

FSG

QuoteA check box in the installation package- "Install WinUSB driver?" would do the trick.
:agree:   with the check box ticked by default.

Quote...... Don't install it.  It will keep asking, just say no.
If the HD06 Firmware Updater is not installed, you still get the message and it's an OK or Cancel choice.

and as I've said earlier Cancel will remove the just downloaded 25MB File from the system so you end up having to download it again, unless you have saved a copy of the downloaded files before pressing the Apply Selected Updates Button.

ViennaHog

September 29, 2012, 12:43:30 PM #131 Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 12:50:55 PM by ViennaHog
I changed ports around to try, but no luck yet. It is an HP latest model with win7 64bit will give you the specifics Monday.

Tsani

September 29, 2012, 02:55:33 PM #132 Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 02:59:08 PM by Tsani
BTW Steve, forgot to say, I like that Auto Port selection setup :up:

FSG, when using the updater, I have not seen a chance to save the file. However I do know where to look :wink:
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

FSG

Quote.....  I have not seen a chance to save the file. However I do know where to look :wink: 
:up:  I do to and you'd better save it before pressing the Apply Selected Updates Button or else poof ....

wurk_truk

Just installed 2.18MT on the desktop.  This time around, it did NOT force me to load HD06, nor even mention it.
Oh No!

Steve Cole

Quote from: ViennaHog on September 29, 2012, 12:43:30 PM
I changed ports around to try, but no luck yet. It is an HP latest model with win7 64bit will give you the specifics Monday.

I do not believe that you are going to be able to do anything about it, it's going to be on us to find a solution for you.

ViennaHog

Steve I verified the issue on three different computers:

all Win 7

HP Probook 4520S                     64bit
HP Compaq MiniTower dx 2440 64bit
HP Compaq 6710b                     32bit

When the BT adapter is active, MT2 or DM2 will not recognize the old interface. When I pull the BT usb module from the minitower, MT2 will recognize the adapter after a restart of the program. I can even plug the BT usb module back in and the interface remains online.
If I restart the comp all starts from the beginning.

Similar deal with the laptops. I have to disable the BT adapter in system to make MT2 work.

Some conflict at a com port level that I cannot get to. Will verify that on an old xp machine with a built-in BT module

More than a nuisance I have to say

ViennaHog

Quote from: hrdtail78 on September 29, 2012, 10:33:02 AM
Quote from: Coyote on September 29, 2012, 07:57:26 AM
Quote from: hrdtail78 on September 29, 2012, 07:52:39 AM
I think it is more of a window thing. 

Yes and no. It can easily be resolved with the TTS installer. The installer can either look for the files, not the driver installation or it could simply have a check box to bypass the driver installation.

Thanks, I have enough understanding of programming to understand it isn't a simple thing to do and work correctly on everybody's OS, antivirus, and firewalls.  Not something I really have a understanding with. It's only been since I started tuning 5 years ago did my eyes first start opening.

Locked ECM's.  I understand it is a big deal, but blown a little out of the water around here.  Of all the MTE files I have saved for customers. I have been called once for it. I do understand that maybe I am not a great example. If you are at my Indy shop getting a tune. You are probably done with the dealers, and only go there for thing you absolutely have to. But since I have learned to marry TSM's and TSSM's without a DT. Dealers see less of my customers bikes. Marrying FOBs is still a dealer thing, but the locked ECM still does this. It would be nice to see a chart of what the DT can do to a ECM compared to a locked one. I read on the forum Internet truths but haven't read clear cut info on the subject.  And the guys that have researched it, probably won't throw out the info to freely. Might undermine their propaganda.

I sent you a PM about the hi-lited stuff

ViennaHog

Steve, installed a serial port on the microtower this morning and ran MT2 via serial connector and BT for a different application in parallel. After the installation it took one restart and now they play. Dunno the difference in port management when it comes to serial interfaces. Anyway, just another bit of info. Am I the only one who runs BT and MT2 on the same comp?

wurk_truk

Hmmm, I have never had a BT conflict in the past.  I haven't hooked up MT2 to a bike yet, tho.  My ACTUAL tuning laptop is an old serial ported Dell 520 with everything turned off.  If I get a chance, I will try with each, XP, Win7 and Win 8 to see whats what, but, that will all be with old VCI.
Oh No!

Steve Cole

Not sure what is going on, but we are looking into it. We are thinking about having the Comm port selection with a manual select over-ride added so that if your having an issue with the auto detect it can be turned off and select a port the old way. What would you guys think of that idea? We have an update almost ready to go and MAY get it out tonight that might help some of the comm issues and we hope it handles the driver installer issue some are seeing when updating. Not sure if it will be tonight but that's what were hoping to get done.

wurk_truk

Some of the Siemens and AB PLC software has an auto detect that also allows you to pick the com port.  Works well.  Sometimes auto doesn't pick the correct port, so you just manually pick the one that should work.  I don't see a problem with you doing the same.
Oh No!

FSG

The Diagnostic Software for my Prins "Vapour Sequential Injection" has Auto Detect and Manual Selection, it works very well.

Steve Cole

The issue as we see it might be that while we are auto detecting the com ports another program is trying to do the same. How each program handles this can be an issue. Until the port is selected windows does not lock it out from other trying to check for it as well. Since other program use various ways to try and auto detect there device it could be an issue and that would explain why some have no issues and others do with the very same software.

We completed part of the updates and got them listed on the updater. There will be more tomorrow, Sorry for the delay in getting this done to those who are waiting for it.

FSG

The update of MasterTune2-HD to V2.1.9 has gone ahead without a hitch.   :up:

I still don't see why an update like this cannot be done via a patch rather than a 26MB download.   :emsad:

Revision History:
--Version 2.1.9 05-Oct-2012
   Production Release
   Update:  Added new ECM to access list
   NOTE: Documentation not updated, v215

FSG

On another note perhaps the updater window can be made to auto size the display for those that are keeping the old mastertune software installed.

Steve Cole

I can ask if we can do that since it may not have been designed for it. Back when we made the software for the updater we tried to keep it as simple as possible to avoid conflicts with all the various operating systems out there.

On another note the new interface runs much faster now and on the right combination of a J1850 bike and a fast PC you can see the Tach/Speedo operation get out of wack some only while recording data. This is not hurting anything but you may see it. We set the default speeds in DataMaster to what worked across the board here on a dozen various PC but it's close on some setups. If it bothers you just adjust the speed down on the Data Recording Control window but understand as you slow down the system you slow down the rate at which data gets recorded.

FSG

While it's more than likley off line for an update, is it possible for another page to be made available so that the below error is not reported?

Steve Cole

The cables to the service provider were cut so it has been down but is now back online.