May 09, 2024, 09:17:14 AM

News:

Mastertune 2

Started by Steve Cole, August 30, 2012, 08:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Cole

Just an update to let you all know where we are at. Beta testing is looking to complete very soon. If I was to guess I would say within the next week. All the 2001 - 2011 bikes have been put to bed and the final testing on 2012-2013 is being tested now. To date we have tested with over 200 bikes so our Beta dealers and ourselves are pretty happy with how it's all working. The new CAN equipped bikes really allow the new electronics to shine. Collecting data for Vtune runs over twice as fast as before. The old data collection rate was ~4 frames per second on J1850 bikes and the new CAN bikes are running right at 20 frames per second! Thats right, 20 frames per second of real data with NO BS repeating of old data being collected. In the new CAN based calibrations we have added a few more user adjustable controls. These new features will be rolled back into the earlier calibrations once the new product is shipping.

Main Lambda/AFR
VE Front Cylinder
VE Rear Cylinder
PE Lambda/AFR
Warmup Enrichment
Cranking Fuel
Accel Enrichment
Decel Enleanment
Spark Advance Front Cylinder
Spark Advance Rear Cylinder
PE Spark Advance
Spark Temperature Correction
Closed Throttle Spark Front Cylinder
Closed Throttle Spark Rear Cylinder
Adaptive Knock Retard
Idle RPM
IAC Warmup steps
IAC Crank Steps
IAC Crank to Run steps
EGR Effect Front Cylinder
EGR Effect Rear Cylinder
Throttle Blade control (DBW bikes only)
Minimum TPS for Baro Correction
Engine Displacement
Injector Size
Max Knock Retard
Idle Spark Control Gain
Idle Spark Control Max
Skip Fire Mode IAC Offset
RPM Limiter
Knock Control
EITMS
PE Mode
Primary Ratio
Speedo adjustment
Intake Valve Opening Point
Intake Valve Closing Point

Cam Selector (new)
Active exhaust Control 1st gear (new)(international bikes only)
Active exhaust Control 2nd gear (new)(international bikes only)
Active exhaust Control 3rd gear (new)(international bikes only)
Active exhaust Control 4th - 6th gear (new)(international bikes only)
Head Temperature MAP (new)
Warmup Spark (new)
IAT Spark correction(new)
Head Temperature Lambda/AFR (new)
Head Temperature Spark Correction (new)

I am sure I have missed a few things but this should give you the general idea of the new product as a replacement for the old product. There will be more features added in the coming months and they are all handled by the TTS Updater service that comes with each unit. No need to return the product and NO charge for any of the updates.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

burgies08ultra

hey that will be great steve,
thanks
burgie
2013 road glide,2009 road king

HogBag

streetdjack

Great !
Thank you Steve...

nanard77

great Steve!!

Steve, regarding future updates, they will be also available for mastertune 1

Steve Cole

All future updates are only going to be done in Mastertune2. No further updates to the older Mastertune software. Calibrations that can be used in the old software and new, will be updated but the newer CAN calibrations will not work in the old software at all. 2012 - 2013 Touring models are done as of today, just have to hope the Beta guys get through 2012 - 2013 Dyna's and Softail over the next couple days. All Sportster and Vrods are done already.

VDeuce

Steve,

Will there be a discount for upgrading from the older versions?

Coyote

Quote from: VDeuce on August 30, 2012, 06:19:02 PM
Steve,

Will there be a discount for upgrading from the older versions?

That would be nice!  :pop:

hrdtail78

Upgrade to a new VCI or program?
Semper Fi

Steve Cole

The New Mastertune2 software is designed to run both the new and the old interface, so all customers can switch to the new software at no charge. Also I forgot to mention that Vtune received the "Coyote" upgrade as well.

TXP

It will have been worth the wait. The new software is very intuitive and easy to learn/ use.

Jeffd

August 31, 2012, 07:57:40 PM #12 Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 08:22:53 AM by Jeffd
Quote from: Steve Cole on August 31, 2012, 07:07:30 PM
The New Mastertune2 software is designed to run both the new and the old interface, so all customers can switch to the new software at no charge. Also I forgot to mention that Vtune received the "Coyote" upgrade as well.
Is there any benefit for low level hacks like me to use the new software when vtuning and whats the coyote upgrade in vtune?

HogBag

September 01, 2012, 05:06:46 PM #13 Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 06:30:11 PM by HogBag
Steve
When I read from post 7. No further updates to the older Mastertune software I thought  :wtf: I will need to buy the new TTS2 interface.
I then read post 11.  The New Mastertune2 software is designed to run both the new and the old interface, so all customers can switch to the new software at no charge.
Cool thanks for the clarification  :up:

feng jui

When can shipping be expected?
SW Updates are easy to distribute via Download, but when can we order the Hardware?
Jui

Steve Cole

IF they wrap up the 2012- 2013 Softail and Dyna this week we will be shipping product out next week. We are taking orders for the new system at this time.

harley_jeff

Quote from: Steve Cole on September 03, 2012, 09:50:57 AM
IF they wrap up the 2012- 2013 Softail and Dyna this week we will be shipping product out next week. We are taking orders for the new system at this time.

So, what p/n would I order for my '07 Dyna?

Sporty 48

Quote from: Steve Cole on September 03, 2012, 09:50:57 AM
The website does not reflect this.
How much?
A Sportster, Bird-dogs and an old Airstream, How Sweet It Is.

Steve Cole

New Web site is supposed to be up by end of day tomorrow. The new single bike part number is 2000008.

feng jui

Website is up ... I got just confused with the different cable options.
For a 2009 FXDFSE I guess I need the J1850 Cable Kit, however, does this include USB2Serial or what does Kit mean here?

The USB2Serial and 4 pin Bike Cable only options confuse me as well compared to the Kits.
Maybe something for the FAQ to support customers in making the right choice even if they are not yet used to Mastertune TTS.

Anyway, great that we can now order, I'll contact the German importer.

Jui

Mr. Wizard

Site is up but none of the download links work. All give 404 error at this time. Thought I would play around.

Steve Cole

September 04, 2012, 04:26:26 PM #21 Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 04:29:58 PM by Steve Cole
New Web Site is up. http://www.mastertune.net/

The storage page http://www.mastertune.net/downloads.htm then <click> on the Tuning File Repository

They are still working on getting it finished up and everything working now

redmtrckl

When and how will we be able to download the new TTS2 software?
Will this be in the updater program?
Thanks.
Yes! I am an Infidel.
And proud of it!

Steve Cole

The new software will be placed on the TTS Updater once it's released. I would expect it to be up there mid next week as things are going well on the 2012 - 2013 Softail and Dyna's so far.

The NEW Tuning File Repository is up and running now so anyone who would like to store there Original saved *.MTE or *.MT8 calibrations can do so. This will allow you to have access to them, anywhere, anytime you need it, by simply logging on to the internet and retrieving them. You can also download ALL the TTS software to program your bike from the web site as well. So if you travel with just the interface and cables with you, all you would need to have is any computer that runs Windows and your good to go, no need for you to carry yours around if you do not want too.

feng jui

For your model you are correct, you will need the J1850 cable set.

Coyote

Quote from: Steve Cole on September 05, 2012, 05:39:42 PM
The new software will be placed on the TTS Updater once it's released. I would expect it to be up there mid next week as things are going well on the 2012 - 2013 Softail and Dyna's so far.

The NEW Tuning File Repository is up and running now so anyone who would like to store there Original saved *.MTE or *.MT8 calibrations can do so. This will allow you to have access to them, anywhere, anytime you need it, by simply logging on to the internet and retrieving them. You can also download ALL the TTS software to program your bike from the web site as well. So if you travel with just the interface and cables with you, all you would need to have is any computer that runs Windows and your good to go, no need for you to carry yours around if you do not want too.

feng jui

For your model you are correct, you will need the J1850 cable set.

Steve,

What are the terms and conditions of your upload site? Are all the files available for everyone to use, including TTS? It appears that way?