April 27, 2024, 03:26:06 PM

News:

ama springfield mile

Started by mkd, September 01, 2012, 06:54:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkd

been here since noon friday and they got in 13 races on the amateur short track before the rain started.it rained 3 1/2" last night and still is raining this morning.if they can't get the mile race in on sunday maybe it will quit and they can race on laborday!best thing so far is we were smart enough to leave the bike home and bring the rav!anyone  local have any must eat places to try.been to d'arcy's,  cozy dinner on route 66,and yanna's for a gyro.maybe italian or mexican is in the works yet.also a good bar cheeseburger somewhere where  we can chill over a few beers.

hogasm

Same thing happened a few years ago to us. Heavy rain and then they had the mile race on Monday. We visited the Lincoln Museum. Great museum.
Ask the locals where they eat
04 SEEG
02 FLHTC

smittyon66

Looked at the weather forecast and went to the antique motorcycle races and swap meet in Davenport IA instead.
Forget the bullsh!t - it's all about two wheels and a motor!

tomfiii

Took me 'till my 3rd time before I saw a race due to rain,back when the rib-eye sandwiches were $3.25 .

wakedl

I'm in IL visiting family and was going to go to the race but it looks like it's been rescheduled to Sept 16th due to rain.

strokerjlk

Quote from: wakedl on September 02, 2012, 08:50:48 AM
I'm in IL visiting family and was going to go to the race but it looks like it's been rescheduled to Sept 16th due to rain.
:up:
Seen that too
We like to do davenport on fri/ sat then hit the mile on the way back
My swimming pool raised 5 inches , lost a 100 + year old weeping willow  from the storms.
Some scumbags stole a bike out of the lot at the races in davenport  this year.  :down:
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

mkd

we left the motel in springfield this morning as soon as we heard they cancelled the program for this weekend.we are going back down so we made reservations for the weekend of the 16th.the short track is scheduled for 7 pm start on the 15th saturday and the mile is at 1pm on the 16th sunday.rumor has it this is the last of the short track events with the mile and two mile events will be run each weekend next year.

mkd

back down to springfield this weekend for the short track sat night and the mile sunday afternoon,looks like maybe some rain coming home on monday morning.