April 27, 2024, 01:23:03 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

buell blast blowing ign fuse everytime you start accel.

Started by bigjoe1, September 01, 2012, 03:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjoe1

Anyone know of any common issues that would cause the ign fuse to blow as soon as you start rolling out?
When in doubt....Throttle Out!!

panhead_dan

garyajaz

does it only blow when just "rolling out?"  (in gear)

does it keep running if in nuetral in the garage?

Ajayrk

Remove the seat and check for a rub through on a harness or single wire.  The seat could flex and cause it to short out.
AJ

bigjoe1

Trying to help a buddy of mine out. Seemed to only do it when sitting on the seat and rolling out. Then it seemed to stop doing it for about 24hrs. He thought it was ok then bam! blew fuse again! I told him it has got to be a short under the seat somewhere. Time to start chasing wires!
When in doubt....Throttle Out!!

Ajayrk

Quote from: bigjoe1 on September 04, 2012, 03:53:10 PM
Trying to help a buddy of mine out. Seemed to only do it when sitting on the seat and rolling out. Then it seemed to stop doing it for about 24hrs. He thought it was ok then bam! blew fuse again! I told him it has got to be a short under the seat somewhere. Time to start chasing wires!

My suggestion comes from a similar problem on a Sportster.  It took two weeks to find it, seat flexed and shorted out a bare wire in the harness.  Bike had a circuit breaker and as soon as the pressure came of the set it would reset and run again.
AJ