April 27, 2024, 09:12:04 AM

News:

S & S Motor Parts Whole Sale?

Started by lionsm13, November 05, 2008, 06:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lionsm13

Does anyone have a good source for S & S parts? I'm lookin' for a set of Heads, and Pistons, maybe a cam, preferably new, but would consider used too, if in good shape. Really don't wanna have to spend $1500....

Thought about J & P, but they're a little spendy.. Anybody know anyone else, or have a good connection?

I know Jireh and S &S had a fallin' out a while back...

Thanx in advance.....

rdkng

I've used ebay for new S&S parts and I also once found a
HD dealer that would order S&S parts and gave me a
discount.  (plus they accepted some of my visa chrome cash !)
I'm not going to say which dealer, 'cause I dont want to
possibly get anyone in trouble. 
Hope you find 'em
rdkng   
Happy Motoring, Road King George

ModelABob

lionsm13,

Do you have an Indy or know of a local "Chopper" (don't know if that is correct word anymore) shop with a good rep. among the locals?  Tell'm want you want and would like to pay.  'You never know, 'til ya' ask.'  They'll
either chase you out of the shop or say, "well, this is what we'll do......"  And then you come to a mutual figure
and everyboy's happy!   ;D  Worth a try............... :D

AMF/Ride Safe ;)
To Ride, Shoot Straight & Speak the Truth.....  J. Cooper

ricochet

I've dealt with this guy Steve at "sales@ironeagle.com" a couple of times now with long list of S & S stuff.  I think they have a web site and he's quoted less than list.

ricochet

stroker800

Our shop always cut a deal 10%-40%,,,depends on the mark up of product....Its also for a HD and made by $&$, so will not be too many Tedds Taiwan prices on that stuff,,,,fleabay is good for moving junk and stolen stuff....DON"T get me wrong ,,,there are great guys too....IF the price is too good to turn down,,,,think....we know the price of good parts,,,hope you find your parts and not break the bank.
Dave

Hillside Motorcycle

We always give all our parts away for free, at no charge, plus we send you home with a $50.00 gift certificate to Red Lobster. That way, we can insure that we will not have any money to pay for FICA, Workmen Comp. Ins., light bill, heat, fire and liability ins., wages, etc., as well as the internet connection to give away free advice. NOT.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

dave_9113

Is that gift certificate good at all particpating Red Lobsters?   :wink:

Support your local unauthorized harley shops when you can, or all you'll have left is the stealership.  Unless you are in the industry, work with the local shop for a reduced price for large buys...and or discount if they do the work.  If you are going to spend some serious bucks, buy new so you will have some type of warranty. 

dave

Hillside Motorcycle

Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

lionsm13

November 09, 2008, 05:35:06 AM #9 Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 05:38:38 AM by lionsm13
I always support my indys. Called Hillside a couple of times as well as Bean, and will probably be doin' biz w/em' too in the near future.
Always get good answers too....

Mule

Indy shops in my area are mostly as bad as the steelerships. Not many stand up guys left around here. Like the guys in the next town over who tried to sell me a cci oil filter for 16 dollars, and had the balls to tell me thats what they go for! The only good Indy shop around here (same oil filter for 8 bucks) the owner went prospectin..... Sorry to see him go... I can order on line any thing the Indy sells and usually cheaper ,delivered right to my door. Don't get me wrong , I wouldn't mind payin an indy shop their profit if they had the part I need in stock, but most around here are catolog shops and have to order your part anyway. Mule...

lionsm13

Good ones are hard to find that's for sure. A lot of em' are quite full of themselves....I've had some bad experiences as well...
The ones that could be in business for themselves usually can't make it for reasons unbeknownst to me...

ModelABob

Back in the 70's and 80's where I lived. The stealerships and/or "chopper" shops were the last places you wanted to go
for any kind of work your scooter might need. If you or one of your "bros" couldn't fix the problem. You would try and find a decent auto repair or machine shop to do the work. The same with parts, you would see what your buds had to
trade. Everybody had parts back then and you traded back and forth or just gave the parts away to help a guy get on the road. Shinny stuff, well you went to the local chrome shop with the parts and had what you wanted (and could afford) plated. The last Indy I had, more then a few years ago, was a great guy, a super mechanic/machinist and was honest. When he decided to quit the business I bought all of his Harley tools and we stayed friends. I've moved
and found a new Indy who is just as honest and the more I get to know him another super mechanic. I have no problem
what so ever of spending my money at his shop. Hell, he lets you watch all the work he does on your scooter and doesn't even charge ya' extra! :teeth:

AMF/Ride Safe :wink:
To Ride, Shoot Straight & Speak the Truth.....  J. Cooper