May 09, 2024, 02:35:15 AM

News:

Powervision over TTS

Started by DeneFLHR, September 27, 2012, 06:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UltraNutZ

Quote from: rbabos on October 25, 2012, 06:05:51 AM
While packing a laptop on a bagger might not be a big deal, I found it to be a pain in the ass with my softail. I have ghost brackets but still a pain with getting it all set up and it takes quite a while between vtune , data logging, on and on. Laptop in and out of the bag, recharge, go again. Where the PV caught my interest is when I was planning on getting a v rod, no bags and I wasn't about to put on a packpack and look like a fruit. Can you imagine pulling the pack off , pulling the lap out rewriting over and over? My Dell would become a football in short order.  :hyst:  It would be so much easier to poke away at it on the bars and tweek later with the lap. Not saying the PV is better but in some cases as in Sportsters, rods and bagless softails a lot friendlier to use as it can stay on the bike for extended periods and fine tune as you see fit.
Ron

get a win7 tablet, mount it to an old broken mirror (any HD dealership will give you a stock mirror from their junk pile if you ask them nicely) on the left handlebar, run a USB cable from the tuner to the tablet, set it to vtune, smart tune, or whatever and be on your way.  Pull over in a parking lot, mix and adjust to your hearts desire the tables and reflash the ECM right there.  Easy Peasy!
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

rbabos

Quote from: UltraNutZ on October 31, 2012, 04:43:22 PM
While packing a laptop on a bagger might not be a big deal, I found it to be a pain in the ass with my softail. I have ghost brackets but still a pain with getting it all set up and it takes quite a while between vtune , data logging, on and on. Laptop in and out of the bag, recharge, go again. Where the PV caught my interest is when I was planning on getting a v rod, no bags and I wasn't about to put on a packpack and look like a fruit. Can you imagine pulling the pack off , pulling the lap out rewriting over and over? My Dell would become a football in short order.  :hyst:  It would be so much easier to poke away at it on the bars and tweek later with the lap. Not saying the PV is better but in some cases as in Sportsters, rods and bagless softails a lot friendlier to use as it can stay on the bike for extended periods and fine tune as you see fit.
Ron

get a win7 tablet, mount it to an old broken mirror (any HD dealership will give you a stock mirror from their junk pile if you ask them nicely) on the left handlebar, run a USB cable from the tuner to the tablet, set it to vtune, smart tune, or whatever and be on your way.  Pull over in a parking lot, mix and adjust to your hearts desire the tables and reflash the ECM right there.  Easy Peasy!
You forgot to add..... take off my cool harley shades and put on my reading glasses to see it. :hyst:
Ron

Coyote

Quote from: rbabos on October 31, 2012, 04:50:54 PM
You forgot to add..... take off my cool harley shades and put on my reading glasses to see it. :hyst:
Ron

I popped my lenses out of the frame and rtv'd them under my cool harley shades.  :up: :wink:

UltraNutZ

Ron

Ron

yeah sorry guys.. didn't think about all you old farts!  :-)
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

rbabos

Quote from: UltraNutZ on October 31, 2012, 05:38:16 PM
Ron

Ron

yeah sorry guys.. didn't think about all you old farts!  :-)
We just got the heads up on what you will experience eventually :wink:
Ron