May 09, 2024, 12:21:54 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

1st V-tune

Started by aceman2101, October 05, 2012, 03:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aceman2101

October 05, 2012, 03:21:26 PM Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 03:23:40 PM by aceman2101
I dont think I need to mess with it any further, bike pulls really hard thru the gears, no popping on decel, no backfires, nothing.

kuryakyn Perfect storm. Take a look at this and tell me what you think, shouls I do more vtunes. I want to us the dyno feature next. I cant really see the point in lugging my engine to fill some of the red cells,even tho my buddy  Jeff tells me I need to

mayor

that's just your histogram, we can't really judge how close your tune is from that chart.  You need to post the calibration you ran and the vtune datamaster recording for us to see how close you are.   

btw, Jeff is right.  You need to at least hit the cells past where you normally ride, and most of the time that means doing a little more loading on the bike than your normally would. 
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

aceman2101

October 05, 2012, 06:42:50 PM #2 Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 06:31:08 AM by aceman2101
Quote from: mayor on October 05, 2012, 06:00:04 PM
that's just your histogram, we can't really judge how close your tune is from that chart.  You need to post the calibration you ran and the vtune datamaster recording for us to see how close you are.   

btw, Jeff is right.  You need to at least hit the cells past where you normally ride, and most of the time that means doing a little more loading on the bike than your normally would.

most of them were white or pink, I will post a pic of that tommorrow

having trouble locating where that is to post,(The white and pink cells)

Ohio HD

Quote from: aceman2101 on October 05, 2012, 06:42:50 PM

The image of the VE files that shows the white, red, pink, etc. cells is created when you generate a new .MT8 file from the V-Tune software. So to see that again, you need to take the .MT8 and the .DM3 files again to generate a new .MT8, then when you get that screen, do a screen shot, or print to a PDF file. Then you can post it.

Jeffd

Quote from: aceman2101 on October 05, 2012, 06:42:50 PM

go to your desk top and click on vtune and then it will come back to you.  they look pretty good but as fast and easy is as the new mastertune II is it would be easy to fill in those lower rpm higher load places, which show up as yellow darker pink etc..

aceman2101

October 06, 2012, 10:51:28 AM #5 Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 10:53:37 AM by aceman2101
ok , I went to vtune, entered the map thats in my bike with the datamaster vtune file that I made yesterday and it comes up with this

Jeffd

October 06, 2012, 11:01:02 AM #6 Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 11:03:20 AM by Jeffd
Quote from: aceman2101 on October 06, 2012, 10:51:28 AM
ok , I went to vtune, entered the map thats in my bike with the datamaster vtune file that I made yesterday and it comes up with this

you need to use the map you had in your bike prior to vtuning along with the vtune map. the one in your bike won't show any change because that is the one we generated. 

aceman2101

Ohio HD

Now that looks more like a 1st v-tune. You need to work on collecting data in those areas that are not white. Some of the areas will be hard, or almost impossible to get without a dyno tune. but there are a lot of those areas you can easily get. Keep doing the v-tune till you can get as much cells white as possible. Then you know the VE tables are getting shaped better.