May 05, 2024, 04:55:45 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Check This Out! For Those of Us in Snow Country

Started by f-x-d-w-g, February 05, 2009, 05:40:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigs

Interesting. I wonder if there any still around.
   Bigs

jimrookie

seattledyna

great film!  suprised there arent modern versions running around.

notice how even in that weather the men always wore a proper dress shirt and tie, those days are sure long gone!

JamLazyAss

I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

Dennis The Menace

Oh, wow...I bet PETA will have fun with that film.....talk about beating a "dead" horse.  lol

I'll bet that driver had ball demonstrating that thing...looks like fun, even today!

menace

truck

Quote from: Dennis The Menace on February 05, 2009, 10:10:48 AM
Oh, wow...I bet PETA will have fun with that film.....talk about beating a "dead" horse.  lol

I'll bet that driver had ball demonstrating that thing...looks like fun, even today!

menace

Fun? I bet it never crossed anyone's mind back then to have fun with that. If it had been a fun thing it would still be around today. :teeth:
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

Big-Dog

BadDawg

You guys in the North Country could rig up a Harley and ride all year! :idea:

f-x-d-w-g

I've thought about putting skis on the forks and a paddle out back but never got around to it...

And, as to dressing up, don't forget those pictures of the Wright Brothers and Glenn Curtiss...
Dan
Tijeras, NM

ICANTD55

Quote from: BadDawg on February 05, 2009, 01:01:36 PM
You guys in the North Country could rig up a Harley and ride all year! :idea:

Yep the wheels are already turning  :wink:
RICK , MA

Milehog

Lose your balance and it would make a dandy blender too!
Proud IBA member

72shovel

What imagination some guys have in the off season!! Don't know how it handles, but it sure looks like fun!!

truck

Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

Ditch

Looks like fun!!! Bet you back in the day it was a pain to swap the axles for that contraption... Ha! I like the looks of the one truck posted better, a little more my style!!! :teeth:
Now I understand why dogs stick their heads out of the car windows!!!

bouncingVman

Wouldn't want to be the one to dig it out after it got stuck.
"Todd"
(Northern Iowa; United States)

Phu Cat

Kinda hard imaging it getting stuck, Vman.  As big as those pontoons were, it might even float.  Guess the full track vehicles that were enclosed like the car setup was, were much warmer.  Would have been fun to try driving one the tractor types.

In the early 70's we had full track vehicles at the Minute Man missile sites I worked at.  They were a blast to drive but really drank a lot of gas, so their range was limited even tho they were only powered by a straight six cylinder engine.

BTW, was there sposed to be sound with that video?

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

bouncingVman

PC.... I was refering to the green Harley sled. I was just adding up in my head and thinking that thing must weigh 800 pounds with both of those chasis put together.

I'm with you on those pontoons. They could probably screw there way through just about anything.
"Todd"
(Northern Iowa; United States)

JamLazyAss

Ok Dan,

How many miles did ya get in this wekend?
I couldn't get out of my driveway on a bet.   :cry:
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

seattledyna

"And, as to dressing up, don't forget those pictures of the Wright Brothers and Glenn Curtiss..."

Dan, you never wore a shirt and tie while you were flying?!  :)

f-x-d-w-g

Jam, I've only done about 140 miles this month but then I only have a 200 ft. driveway and it's blacktop and south facing.  Every time it snows I run the snow blower than the hand scraper.  As soon as the sun hits it, it dries right up.

Seattle, remember Braniff Airways?  I wore a clip-on tie whenever I left the cockpit of the B-727 but it came off when I was strapped in.
Dan
Tijeras, NM