April 27, 2024, 10:11:58 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Best $412 Part Ever!

Started by ramcr913, February 05, 2009, 06:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramcr913

Just found this in the Jireh catalog. I have always had a real one on my shovel, now I can put one on the softail!
Jireh PN 96-220.Maybe you guys already have seen this, but it's a new on for me. Does anyone know of someone who can give us a user's report on this part?

stray

It sounds like you're joking, but I'm not sure.  Who would show their lack of self-respect by admitting to buying and installing something that is, in my opinion, an admission of RUB-ness by giving a review?!?  To me this is one of those gizmos that says the owner wants badly to look cool.  Whatever.

MMOCGuy

I have to ask why someone would want to go from simply pushing a button on the handlebars to the inconvienience of engaging the starter with a faux kick starter. If one wanted it just to be different, for the same amount of money, there are many other ways to make the bike different that, in my humble opine, are more effective.

Norm.

ramcr913

Stray
Well hell yeah I'm joking!
I couldn't believe that thing when I saw it in the catalog- Next time I order from Jireh I'm gonna ask them if anyone has ever actually bought one.
And 412 bucks- unbelievable!!

stroker800

The Dec Horse mag had all the gizmos listed for RUBS,,,fake panheads,fake slab side covers,fake kickers and the fake magneto,,,it would be cheaper just to buy the S&Span motor...I believe those parts also come with a few stick on tattoos.
Dave

MMOCGuy

Now, the stick on tattoo part makes sense! :hyst:

Norm.

fulldress79

Didn't "Bronson" use one of those on his Sportster?

stray

Ramcr913,
Sorry, man, just checking!  I read your post, looked at the part, and thought no way this guy is serious.  Thanks for setting me straight because I thought we were losing you!
Joe

ramcr913

Hey Stray-
No way, I am still hangin in there, I was just amazed that a POS like that is even available. If anyone ever sees one actually installed, PLEASE get a picture. See if you can ask the genuine biker who owns it for a photo action sequence, or better yet, a video for YouTube.
I remember seeing a fake kicker once, it was pretty pathetic as well.
I will try to be a little less subtle and more sarcastic in the future!
Rick

China twin 88

To tell the truth, I have been a little disappointed when I find that many HDs have no kicker....but coming from the past (as I haven't been in the states for a while) the 74 inch was always the mill.. and the shovel head was the last V twin I had been aware of....but this is really the cats A$$, when it comes to faux components and for the life of me ... I just cannot imagine.. the phenomenon  known as the RUBs had not occurred when I was last on the block so I just remember being in the categories of one of those folks who would never be rich enough to have the "Dream" of house, car, wife, kids, and 17k motorcycle.  Mater of fact the last bike I had in the states was bought in 77 and had to have the kicker installed...

Simply put... it is hard to believe this and I would love to see a photo on a bike or even in a mag...

disclamer:  I have no intention of insulting anyone with a RUB tag, as I really haven't experienced the US in s0me time...I am not qualified to pass judgement on anyone and I was just using the term as a repeated reference...
LMMC/LAMF

verson22

Hell for a few $100 more you could probably afford the real thing -- and an actual tattoo! :embarrassed: