April 27, 2024, 11:54:59 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Action

Started by rbabos, November 05, 2012, 08:17:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbabos

Awefully quiet in this section.
Ron

dirty jim

WELL, THE LAST PROBLEM I HAD WITH MY V-ROD WAS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO REMOVE THE TAIL LIGHT LENS. THE ONLY REAL PROBLEMS I'VE HEARD OF ARE FROM GUYS WHO DO BIG BORE, BIG STROKE, TURBO MOTORS. STOCKERS PRETTY MUCH RUN UNEVENTFULLY.

ViennaHog

Couple that with fact that on this board there are way more knuckle, pan and shovel head owners than Vrods and you have the perfect explanation for the low activity. I have yet to see an engine failure of the magnitude we still see in late-model TCs. This Vrod is one sturdy bike.

rbabos

Well, it's official. Get my 2013 on Saturday morning. Service manual was the first thing on the dealer acc package I orderd. Other than slip ons and a tune the engine remains stock. :wink: It works mighty fine right out of the box.
Ron

dirty jim

CONGRADULATIONS!! HAVE MANY HAPPY MILES!!

harborjohn

:up:  My 03 V-Rod runs better today than it did in 03 and I spank her hard. She just wants to be spanked harder.

rbabos

Quote from: harborjohn on November 06, 2012, 04:12:49 PM
:up:  My 03 V-Rod runs better today than it did in 03 and I spank her hard. She just wants to be spanked harder.
Good to know. Dealer just got in two (cut away) display engines. One A motor and one Revolution. What impressive engineering that thing is to see all the moving parts in one complete assembled engine. :up:
Ron

Panzer

Fewer posts means little problems, just like the Sportster section.
Congrats on the new bike and the help from Porche.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Sixspeed

Quote from: Panzer on December 06, 2012, 06:48:25 PM

Porsche to be more accurate. Don't want those Germans getting their panties all in a wad.
:hyst:
"The HAPPIEST people just make the Best of Everything"

brunothedog

70000 miles on mine and its getting boring, never ever goes wrong, no matter how hard i try to mess with it.
i even shoved all the elrctronics under the airbox 2 yrs ago waiting for a short. wont happen.
I even worked the heads and am using TTS in closed loop. un eventful.
time to buy a ducatti and see why so many people park on the side of the road

Panzer

Quote from: Sixspeed on December 06, 2012, 07:31:01 PM
Quote from: Panzer on December 06, 2012, 06:48:25 PM

Porsche to be more accurate. Don't want those Germans getting their panties all in a wad.
:hyst:

As long as you know what I meant. :up:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

FBRR

I just sold my Dyna FXDC and bought another V ROD. I missed my first V Rod right after I sold it.
My new one is an F (Muscle) and the new candy orange..

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

rbabos

February 27, 2013, 12:44:30 PM #12 Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 12:10:30 PM by rbabos
Quote from: FBRR on February 27, 2013, 12:10:15 PM
I just sold my Dyna FXDC and bought another V ROD. I missed my first V Rod right after I sold it.
My new one is an F (Muscle) and the new candy orange..
Nice. So what's your tuning method going to be . :potstir: Myself, I'll try the PV this time.
Ron

geezerglide11441

Ron, I also have a 2013 V-Rod Muscle and purchased the PV-1 from Dynojet at the Daytona Bike Week Rally. Just getting into it and so far really like it. Haven't done any data collecting/tuning as yet since I only have about 900 miles on the clock. I installed a V&H Fuel Pak when I changed slip-ons and A/C and did not like it, so went with the PV-1 instead.
I also do not plan to mess with success on this one, and will leave this one basically stock with the exception of the V&H Comp II slip-ons and the K&N filter.

Take care, and good luck with the V-Rod!!

Roger
2013 H-D V-Rod Muscle - V&H, Moto Hooligan Air Box, Dynojet Power Vision Tuner

rbabos

Quote from: geezerglide11441 on March 19, 2013, 06:56:57 PM
Ron, I also have a 2013 V-Rod Muscle and purchased the PV-1 from Dynojet at the Daytona Bike Week Rally. Just getting into it and so far really like it. Haven't done any data collecting/tuning as yet since I only have about 900 miles on the clock. I installed a V&H Fuel Pak when I changed slip-ons and A/C and did not like it, so went with the PV-1 instead.
I also do not plan to mess with success on this one, and will leave this one basically stock with the exception of the V&H Comp II slip-ons and the K&N filter.

Take care, and good luck with the V-Rod!!

Roger
Myself, I'm all hooked up with PV and ready to go. Spring is reluctant to happen this year and it's driving me nuts not being able to get out and play with it. Soon, I hope.
Ron

hrdtail78

Good luck Ron.  When you putting in a destroyer crank and TB?
Semper Fi

rbabos

Quote from: hrdtail78 on March 21, 2013, 06:44:23 PM
Good luck Ron.  When you putting in a destroyer crank and TB?
Not happening. Force feeding it would be the way I'd go with it. I must confess I've been eyeing Sprintex or Trask for way down the road, maybe. So far I favor the turbo. So much for road tuning then, huh? First, I'll play with it stock for a year or so then decide. Seems as long as I stay in the 8psi boost range ,140-160hp range it remains reliable and trouble free, so I've been told. :hyst: More research needed on that.
Ron