April 27, 2024, 06:10:25 AM

News:

New Ride Observations

Started by rbabos, November 11, 2012, 01:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbabos

Well, got 200kms on it today and this is compared to my fxstc. Strong winds today and this sucker is rock solid in those conditions. Everybody bitching from road kings to honda's and I barely noticed it other than my glassed being shoved into my head at times. Softail would be all over the road in the same winds. Huge difference in stability between the two.
Ride quality good and actually felt less tired for the same miles done. This is also without a windshield too. I can't explain why my head don't get rammed back on this bike than my softail. :scratch:
Fuel milage will suck compared to the softail, but I knew that going into it.
Those stupid stock mufflers got to go. Can't hear the exhaust, only breather sucking and reversion in the intake at certain rpms popping away. :hyst: It really does sound like a singer sewing machine with stock mufflers. I "Potty mouth" you not. :teeth:
No lack of power when needed. The delivery is way different though. No hard pulsing just hard pull in the bars. Not a lot going on below 4k, 5-9 is like nitrous. 100kms is turning 4k ish and it just loafs along begging for more.
So far, I think this is a keeper.
Ron

Durwood

rob71458

Cool Ron. How about some pics. on the bike?
2007 SERK 124, S&S jugs,SE110 heads,640G's,11.5, 58/62 HPI,Bandit,DD7,Bzilla

rbabos

Quote from: rob71458 on November 11, 2012, 04:48:10 PM
Cool Ron. How about some pics. on the bike?
Just a cookie cutter black v rod at the moment from any HD web page. Once I personalize it I'll take some pics.
Ron

rob71458

I meant pics. with you on the bike, with that new bike grin!    :scoot:
2007 SERK 124, S&S jugs,SE110 heads,640G's,11.5, 58/62 HPI,Bandit,DD7,Bzilla

rbabos

Quote from: rob71458 on November 12, 2012, 04:36:33 PM
I meant pics. with you on the bike, with that new bike grin!    :scoot:
That ain't happening. Look what happened to Coyotte with wearing slip on shoes. :hyst:
Ron