May 02, 2024, 06:12:43 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Stock ECU Stage 1 ECU

Started by rawshog, February 06, 2009, 11:11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rawshog

I have a 99 FLHTCUI.  From stock, I had the SE stage 1 breather, and free flowing mufflers installed and flashed with the cartridge that came with the SE stage 1 breather kit.  I am finishing up with a 95" build.  I now have 95", S&S 510G cams, SE breather (the new one that comes with the 95" kit), And heads that are the equivalent of SE performance heads.  I am putting in a PCIII USB.  My question is related to picking a canned map to get me by until a dyno run.  Do I use a map for stock ECU, or stage 1 ECU?

Arrowsmit

Quote...flashed with the cartridge that came with the SE stage 1 breather kit...

Unless you've made other modifications to it, it sounds like you have the Stage 1 ECM now.

VicW.

PC_Hater

February 10, 2009, 02:34:28 PM #2 Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 02:38:36 PM by PC_Hater
I thought that there is a Stage 1 download for 88" and a different stage 1 download for 95".
That makes the answer to the original question sort of quite interesting...

I suppose I should add that whether you choose to use a canned 95" with stock ECU or canned 95" with stage 1 ECU the bike will run and get you to the dyno man without anything terrible happening. Well, as long as you have the sense to baby it if the motor shows signs of distress it will.
1942 WLA45 chop, 1999 FLTR(not I), 2000 1200S

rawshog

Nothing else modified, yet.  I figure that I should run the canned MAP until I get the initial break in miles done before it hits the dyno.  Opinions?