April 30, 2024, 06:21:48 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

1975 XLH

Started by Hilly13, November 12, 2012, 11:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hilly13

November 12, 2012, 11:15:04 PM Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 11:50:02 PM by Hilly13
Gday fella's, got a story and question or two for you all, my Dad has come across a 1975 XLH, going by the frame number it is anyway, starts in 3A and ends in H5, it has a kicker fitted, dunno if it was optioned or fitted later, it runs, has a weep from the back of the oil tank, from an unknown source at this time, the kicker does not always engage, it starts straight up on the button though, not the cleanest looking bike, has an XLCH primary cover, or at least that's what is on the plate, bloke wants $3000 Australian for it, I havnt seen the bike as its 3000ks away and its past is unknown apart from not being stolen according to the records, worth it do you think?
Cheers
Hilly

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
Just because its said don't make it so

nibroc

Hilly---if $3000 aussie is less than $2k american dollars--go for it :chop:

Hilly13

Nope bro, bout $3100 US, she went to someone else but thanks for taking the time to reply.

desertrat

Sorry ya missed out. With the shipping cost and so on, that woulda been a good deal. IF he's got good paperwork on it. Keep searching and good luck..

Panzer

Hilly,
For what it's worth and it may make you feel better, I think that price was a little to high.
$2,965.00 (USD)  in excellent condition from a dealer, is what Kelly's blue book pricing states.
A realistic price IMO would be $1500.00 to $1800.00.
Trust your instincts, there will be more down the road. :up:
G-day mate
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

desertrat

I think in Australia, that would have been a fair price. I hope you find another one down the road....I would think, if it run's and has paperwork, that in Aussie, I would buy it....

Hilly13

Kicking myself a bit  :crook:

RayRay12

It's too bad you're not in the US! I'd give you a great deal on my 77 Ironhead!!
Run your fingers over my bike, I run my Bike over you!

saltcaveminer

i didn't get the chance to reply earlier but IMO the price was a bit steep considering the issues you listed and then in addition what the pics show.the 75 has that shifter crossover shaft that was poorly designed (thank you Ralph Nader).keep looking the bike is out there waiting for you so get over this one.cheers.Salty

Hilly13

Thanks fella's, plenty of time, still looking, it was the gearbox that gave me pause, well that and my daughter's upcoming wedding :)

nibroc

I believe that ralph guy's been into 'bout everything--he "Potty mouth"-canned the magnetos in '71 :chop: