April 26, 2024, 11:02:26 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Another North Alabama Hello

Started by HML, February 07, 2009, 06:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HML

Howdy!
Name's Henry.  I received a notification from a certain Florida Marine about this place.  Thanks Sean.  Lurked around for awhile.  See alot of familiar names from some other place.    :smile:

I have a 2006 FLHTCUSE and a 2002 FLHR.   :up:

Looking forward to hangin' out here.
DILLIGAF

Sc00ter

Quote from: HML on February 07, 2009, 06:23:28 PM
Howdy!
Name's Henry.  I received a notification from a certain Florida Marine about this place.  Thanks Sean.  Lurked around for awhile.  See alot of familiar names from some other place.    :smile:

Henry!!!  What up!  (how much was the ticket?)    I can see the officer now...... :gob:

HML

Quote from: Sc00ter on February 07, 2009, 06:26:36 PM
Howdy!

Henry!!!  What up!  (how much was the ticket?)    I can see the officer now...... :gob:

onehunertantwennysebendollers.........but the nice gentleman....who seemed more interested in my Glock 36......said I could go to "drivin' skool" and it wouldn't go on my rekerd.  So I'll be inquiring about that here "trekly."  Probly dubble the price, but it'll be worth it to keep it off my record.

I have 960 miles on the new engine as of today, and that was the SECOND time I've been stopped.  First was fer runnin' a stop sign...........everone knows them stupid things don't work out in the country..........who skooled that deputy anyway?  He let me slide with a warning...........and told me to slow it down since 80 on a backroad ain't to skosh either.  Got away once!  Got NAILED the sekent time.  Like said over in that other forum  "I wuz due."

Wuzzzup Scott?
DILLIGAF

Sc00ter

Quote from: HML on February 07, 2009, 06:35:40 PM
Howdy!

onehunertantwennysebendollers.........but the nice gentleman....who seemed more interested in my Glock 36......said I could go to "drivin' skool" and it wouldn't go on my rekerd.  So I'll be inquiring about that here "trekly."  Probly dubble the price, but it'll be worth it to keep it off my record.

I have 960 miles on the new engine as of today, and that was the SECOND time I've been stopped.  First was fer runnin' a stop sign...........everone knows them stupid things don't work out in the country..........who skooled that deputy anyway?  He let me slide with a warning...........and told me to slow it down since 80 on a backroad ain't to skosh either.  Got away once!  Got NAILED the sekent time.  Like said over in that other forum  "I wuz due."

Wuzzzup Scott?

Myself, I'm not real concerned about "my record"....  I've had enough school...  Just give me the ticket....

Ya keep that up and you'll have to get one of those radar detection thingese....

Watching the Budweiser Shootout! 

Enduring a long cold snowy winter up here in the frigid north....

HML

Quote from: Sc00ter on February 07, 2009, 06:41:40 PM
Quote from: HML on February 07, 2009, 06:35:40 PM
Howdy!

Wuzzzup Scott?

Myself, I'm not real concerned about "my record"....  I've had enough school...  Just give me the ticket....

Ya keep that up and you'll have to get one of those radar detection thingese....

Watching the Budweiser Shootout! 

Enduring a long cold snowy winter up here in the frigid north....

Knew I was missin' sumpthin'.  thx. l8r
DILLIGAF

elvislee

Howdy!

Well hello Henry from down here in S Alabama. Sean been busy this weekend ain't he. Good ta see ya over here, be careful though; Hoist be lurkin around over here too. I don't know where he's at though; I tried callin him but all I got was this weird guy that sounded like Vitto tha leg breaker on the answer machine. Good ta have ya here Henry...Have Fun  :up:

FLHTCUSE3

Welcome Henry,
Good to see you here. That Watermelon ruuning ok?
I just found out that I scissored my Ultras crank, looks like I am in for a build
Jeff
SOA 99.9
2008 FLHTCUSE3 - V&H true duels -Rush Slipons -SERT - scissored crank

HML

Quote from: elvislee on February 07, 2009, 07:28:47 PM
Howdy!
Name's Henry.  I received a notification from a certain Florida Marine about this place.  Thanks Sean.  Lurked around for awhile.  See alot of familiar names from some other place.

I have a 2006 FLHTCUSE and a 2002 FLHR.

Well hello Henry from down here in S Alabama. Sean been busy this weekend ain't he. Good ta see ya over here, be careful though; Hoist be lurkin around over here too. I don't know where he's at though; I tried callin him but all I got was this weird guy that sounded like Vitto tha leg breaker on the answer machine. Good ta have ya here Henry...Have Fun  :up:

Howdy Blaine!

hehehe..........see my sig.   :teeth:
DILLIGAF

elvislee

Quote from: HML on February 07, 2009, 08:03:19 PM
Howdy!
Name's Henry.  I received a notification from a certain Florida Marine about this place.  Thanks Sean.  Lurked around for awhile.  See alot of familiar names from some other place.

Howdy Blaine!

hehehe..........see my sig.   :teeth:

I always liked that sig...really says it all and to the point  :wink:

HML

Quote from: FLHTCUSE3 on February 07, 2009, 07:46:50 PM
Welcome Henry,
Good to see you here. That Watermelon ruuning ok?
I just found out that I scissored my Ultras crank, looks like I am in for a build
Jeff

Howdy Jeff!  Yeah I was reading about that new set of Fiskars you have there.   :teeth:  Now's the time to build it right.  Completely understand the warranty thing, but I also know it gets awful old looking over your shoulder checking to see if any of their work is following you down the highway at a decreasing rate of speed.  I learned my lesson but good.

The melon be doin' GR8.  Put down a little over 200 miles today.  That 117 is b'dass.  Tends to get away from me.....alot.  Like learning to ride all over again.  Still trying to figger it out.  Strong Motor!  

Met Brian in G-ville, but ran right by Polecat Hollow to get there.  We rode to Hanceville and visited with Richard at Rod's Performance.  Rod went to Cincinnati with Bob Wood.  Had lunch at Luna's BBQ, then back tracked 91 highway to US 278 to US 231.  Brian peeled off toward G-ville, and I headed back to the rocket city.  Great day to ride.  A little chilly at first, but by lunch time it was mild enough to ride without a jacket.  Rode the purple bike.........to check out the new Commanders.  Love 'em!  Still waitin' on front brake lines.  Gonna drop off the melon for dyno, fuel filter change, and brake/clutch fluid flush/change next weekend, and pick up the purple bike.  Maybe one of these days I finally get both of them under my roof at the same time, but lately its been a one-for-one swap.
DILLIGAF

HML

Quote from: elvislee on February 07, 2009, 08:15:47 PM
Quote from: HML on February 07, 2009, 08:03:19 PM
Howdy!

Howdy Blaine!

hehehe..........see my sig.

I always liked that sig...really says it all and to the point  :wink:

I've kinda, sorta.......well........um.........uh........OK, I've officially adopted the mnemonic as my motto.  Life's too short, I'm too old, and I got whole lot of livin' left to do to think otherwise.

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
DILLIGAF

Ditch

Howdy HML, we can just chalk up another familiar name to the list of Newbies on HTT... :teeth: So far so good on HTT, Looking forward to exploring the site more. Got some work to do to catch u with hoist on this site to.... :hyst: :hyst: Enjoy the site. Bill (Ditch)
Now I understand why dogs stick their heads out of the car windows!!!

BLM777

Hey Henry....glad to see you over here.  Great ride yesterday ... enjoyed it.  Brings to mind we need to make an effort to get many of our friends from the neighborhood together for some impromptu rides.  BTW..... impressed with your new 117.  Great build by some great builders.

HML

Quote from: Ditch on February 08, 2009, 05:07:52 AM
Howdy HML, we can just chalk up another familiar name to the list of Newbies on HTT... :teeth: So far so good on HTT, Looking forward to exploring the site more. Got some work to do to catch u with hoist on this site to.... :hyst: Enjoy the site. Bill (Ditch)

Hey Bill!  Yep......there's a ton of us over here.  I'm likin' it.  More tech stuff.........and I need all the tech help I can get.  No catch up.......see my sig........is what it is.   :up:

DILLIGAF

HML

Quote from: BLM777 on February 08, 2009, 07:08:42 AM
Hey Henry....glad to see you over here.  Great ride yesterday ... enjoyed it.  Brings to mind we need to make an effort to get many of our friends from the neighborhood together for some impromptu rides.  BTW..... impressed with your new 117.  Great build by some great builders.

Howdy Brian!  I like it over here.  Plenty of good technical reading.  Really enjoyed the ride we had yesterday.  91 is awesome!  I'm all for a local type gathering.  We spoke yesterday of the fact that we have some fine roads here in North Alabama, Southern Tennessee, and West Georgia and the best part is.....like you mentioned, a serious shortage of bungholes  :teeth: .  Buncha fine folks here in the South.  We need to make our way up to Iron City, Tennessee and visit that lawless town.  Would be a great ride.  Has to be if Big Mike wrote a song about it.

I'm mighty impressed with that 117 as well.  Still getting to know it, and every time I get on it, I learn something.  Took Renea out for a short ride this afternoon.  She LOVES it.  Can't wait til summer.

You have a mighty fine Springer with one heck of alot of nice stuff.  Great engine.........and you know I LOVE the paint!  Holler when you're ready to ride again.  I'll be at Rod's shop on Saturday morning at 9am sharp for dyno if you care to drop by and see what Ol' Thumper has in the way of numbers.  Hate to leave her there afterward, but I'll get to take the purple bike home, and get Thump the next weekend.  It'll be great to have them both under the same roof for the first time.
DILLIGAF

Hoist!

My main man Henry!!! Wassup!!! Glad ya found us here too! Great to here olee Thumper's doing fine!!! Hope Rene's doin well! Send hugs! Enjoy it here man! :up:

Hoist! :smiled:
"I just want to be free! Free to ride my machine and not be hassled by the man!"

HML

Quote from: Hoist! on February 08, 2009, 10:18:34 PM
My main man Henry!!! Wassup!!! Glad ya found us here too! Great to here olee Thumper's doing fine!!! Hope Rene's doin well! Send hugs! Enjoy it here man! :up:

Howie!  Wazzup, mayun?  Get Ol' Cyb runnin' yet?
DILLIGAF

Jester Whisperer

Henry, I see you've escaped the gestapo.  Welcome from western NY!  Still too cold and too much snow on the ground to ride here.  I might have to start up the wife's Sporty on Wed if the rain holds off.

Hoist!

Quote from: HML on February 09, 2009, 03:22:48 AM

Howie!  Wazzup, mayun?  Get Ol' Cyb runnin' yet?

Prolly this week, if Vern hasn't already surprised me this weekend. Been in Cincy and got back last night. I'll be calling later. :wink:

"I just want to be free! Free to ride my machine and not be hassled by the man!"