April 27, 2024, 09:47:58 PM

News:

chrome

Started by 4speed, December 16, 2012, 04:44:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4speed

looking for chrome for a 88 sportster primary,cam cover rocker box any one know where to find
Danny                                                               Ride Safe

soggybottom

SPORTSTER SPECIALTIES

Panzer

I went to E-bay and came up with, I believe,  what you need.
Copy and put this >> Harley Davidson Sportster Primary Cover 1988 1200 86-90 << into the search box of E-Bay.
Looks like chrome and $75.00 isn't a bad price.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Panzer

As of today 12/19/12, you have 22 days left to buy it.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

andyxlh

Hello mate
with my '89 I found them at USA Twins whilst I was living in the 'States at a good price.
I used the cam cover trim to save messing around with the cams which has been a good option. I got this in a set with a new sprocket cover brake mc cover and chrome bolts for about $130 if i remember correctly. the primary cover with gaskets was about the same price. I used the primary caps with the nut on them rather than the cut-out. these are made of steel and easier to get in and out. the whole lot for that side cost me about $130 too if i remember correctly - in 2002.
I also only got the top piece of the rocker box in chrome, and then painted the middle rocker box in red to match the bike and polished the bottom one which I like the look of, is a lot cheaper and quicker to do too. No-one has ever noticed in 10 years... there's some pics of the bike on my old web site so you can see what I mean (button on left).
cheers
Andy
Sydney
If you can't fix it with a hammer and a roll of Duck tape then you're in trouble