May 08, 2024, 09:31:48 PM

News:

LED headlight for 1/2 H-Ds price

Started by emxgarcia, December 16, 2012, 04:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clayster

Quote from: hbkeith on December 26, 2012, 01:03:52 PM
Notice that some say the Low Beam on the Trucklite sucks, Does everyone feel the same about that ? Seems a waste to have a worst Low Beam than stock ,when most riding is done on Low Beam , I am interested in a beter Headlamp ,but, beter both ways  :nix:
I like the Kuryakyn/TL Phase 7 light that I've got in my FLSTC.  Both the low beam and high beam are a big improvement.  I'm considering adding the LED passing lamps too.

EastBay_Solo

Do the make one that fits a Dyna SB ? I know about the HD daymaker but its to rich for my blood.

onehawghead

With all the talk on these headlights, never have heard what the live expectency of the LED's are. Does anyone know? Many years ago on my 77 Low Rider I put an LED circuit board assembly in the rear tail light and the manufacture stated around 20,000 hours life expectency on it. It was a vast improvement in brigtness and no more replacement of the 1157 bulb due to vibration. Intend to install the Truck Lite in my dresser shortly, just curious how long they last.

emxgarcia

Truck Lite has a life expectancy of 10,000 hours and offers 3 years warranty
At an average of 45 MPH considering it's not all highways, you should check them at about 450,000 mile marker.
'07 FLHX • SE204 • K&N 3933 • Akrapovic 2:1 • TTS • Progressive Touring Link

koko3052

Quote from: biglew55 on December 26, 2012, 01:23:57 PM
Quote from: hbkeith on December 26, 2012, 01:03:52 PM
Notice that some say the Low Beam on the Trucklite sucks, Does everyone feel the same about that ? Seems a waste to have a worst Low Beam than stock ,when most riding is done on Low Beam , I am interested in a beter Headlamp ,but, beter both ways  :nix:

Bogiediver has done some great reviews of these lights before.

http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,48994.msg516773.html#msg516773
Put the JW in my 05 Fatty, adjusted to specs, and almost always use lo only. Switched to high , the only difference is a slighy brighter center, but it's almost indisdinguishable.
I have NEVER had anyone flash me the brights ( for those that are thinking that I'm adjusted too high!) :koolaid: