April 27, 2024, 12:58:51 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

New Member From Kentucky

Started by HogBreath, February 08, 2009, 05:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HogBreath

Just saying hi here. I've been fairly active on CvoHarley.com for a couple of years now. A friend I met there told me about this forum. His name is not Hoist. If Hoist gets banned, don't hold it against me.

I've got three bikes, all Screaming Eagles and a foster bike that I ride and work on but don't own. The first bike is an 07 Ultra. I've been trying to get it tuned properly since owning it, and I intend to do so if it takes every dime I've got. It had a bad crank and leaking head gaskets so I replaced the engine with a Jims 120. The bike has had three different exhaust systems, two different engines, new suspension front and rear, and many other modifications. All of this done within a $750 budget limitation, as far as the Mrs knows.  :teeth: I've got a new 2009 SE Road Glide with about 800 miles on the clock. I've also got a 2006 SE V-Rod that never needs working on. The foster bike is a 2005 Wide Glide with 600 miles on her. A neighbor bought it, put 300 miles on it, and left it in the garage. The battery was bad, the tires flat, rust bleeding off of everything and the seat tossed over in the corner. I brought it home, cleaned it up, and refused to let him have it back. If wants to ride it, I told him I'd loan it to him. He's never come to check on it, so I ride it occassionally. 

Forgiveness is Easier than Permission

Ditch

Welcome HogBreath! Enjoy the HTT site take the time to enjoy it, just be warned Hoist is out here lurking around. Plus alot of other familiar names. How is the storm recovery coming along? I know what you are going through, we have been hit twice but 07' was by far worse. Hope all is getting better. Enjoy the site. Bill (Ditch)
Now I understand why dogs stick their heads out of the car windows!!!

HV

Welcome to the site  :up: lots of CVO guys here lately ... Most are behaving ( even Hoist  )  Although we did find a special icon just for him .... :gob: Enjoy the boards...you may find it a very TECH based site ...but hey it is called Harley Tech Talk   :wink:

HV
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

HogBreath

Ditch, we've got power installed. Trying to figure out what to do with all of the trees and limbs now. Think I'll just burn them in the back yard.

Who's Hoist?  :teeth:

Thanks for the welcome HV.

BLM777

Hey Ken ...... glad to see you here as it just wouldn't be complete without you.  BTW, did you lose enough hickory trees for a stockpile of rib wood in the smoker?  Got to be something good come out of that mess.

HogBreath

Quote from: BLM777 on February 08, 2009, 07:12:41 AM
Hey Ken ...... glad to see you here as it just wouldn't be complete without you.  BTW, did you lose enough hickory trees for a stockpile of rib wood in the smoker?  Got to be something good come out of that mess.

I've got enough Hickory cut up to cook thousands of pounds of ribs. BTW if you need an firewood, I've got some for sale. You cut, you haul.  :crook:

elvislee

Quote from: HogBreath on February 08, 2009, 05:24:26 AM
Just saying hi here. I've been fairly active on CvoHarley.com for a couple of years now. A friend I met there told me about this forum. His name is not Hoist. If Hoist gets banned, don't hold it against me.

I've got three bikes, all Screaming Eagles and a foster bike that I ride and work on but don't own. The first bike is an 07 Ultra. I've been trying to get it tuned properly since owning it, and I intend to do so if it takes every dime I've got. It had a bad crank and leaking head gaskets so I replaced the engine with a Jims 120. The bike has had three different exhaust systems, two different engines, new suspension front and rear, and many other modifications. All of this done within a $750 budget limitation, as far as the Mrs knows.  :teeth: I've got a new 2009 SE Road Glide with about 800 miles on the clock. I've also got a 2006 SE V-Rod that never needs working on. The foster bike is a 2005 Wide Glide with 600 miles on her. A neighbor bought it, put 300 miles on it, and left it in the garage. The battery was bad, the tires flat, rust bleeding off of everything and the seat tossed over in the corner. I brought it home, cleaned it up, and refused to let him have it back. If wants to ride it, I told him I'd loan it to him. He's never come to check on it, so I ride it occassionally. 

Thank gawd you don't know that dude Ken...Whew!!!!! I was worried for a moment there....Good thing ya told us right of the bat ;D

Your 07 Ultra reminds of a 68 mustang I had back in high school  :angry:

Hey ...Welcome aboard from down here in S Alabama....Blaine  

Miker

Welcome Ken...Glad the wg is getting a chance to be ridden.

You can only type in so many characters here before it will not allow any more t

Sc00ter

Ken!!! Glad to see you on the site...  Our new friends are tolerating us fairly well so far!  I try to participate in enough "tech" discussions to keep them fooled into believing I actually own a toolbox with tools and tool type things in it - and even use them every so often!  It is still frozen way up north here.  Glad you are surviving your recent experience with ice and cold so well. 

On with the show... :pop:

HogBreath

Scott, that's a pretty good trick. I've followed your posts for a couple of years now, and I still thought you did your own wrenching.  :teeth:

Hey mikers, whats up man?

Elvislee, Howie who? The other day he called the office, secretary said..it's Howie from NY....My first thought was....I don't know any Howies from anyplace around here. My second thought was..OH...she must have thought it was a high pressure sales call. My third thought was, I know two Howies, and they're both from NY. Wonder wich one this could be...the low pressure one, or the high pressure one?

Twolanerider

Sc00ter

Quote from: HogBreath on February 08, 2009, 12:29:17 PM
Scott, that's a pretty good trick. I've followed your posts for a couple of years now, and I still thought you did your own wrenching.  :teeth:

ssshhhhhh...  I think you said that out loud.....   :tfhat:

HML

DILLIGAF

HogBreath

elvislee

Quote from: HogBreath on February 08, 2009, 12:29:17 PM

Hey mikers, whats up man?

Elvislee, Howie who? The other day he called the office, secretary said..it's Howie from NY....My first thought was....I don't know any Howies from anyplace around here. My second thought was..OH...she must have thought it was a high pressure sales call. My third thought was, I know two Howies, and they're both from NY. Wonder wich one this could be...the low pressure one, or the high pressure one?

Hey...I talked last night to a fella who said his name was Howie; he kept screamin mofo, mofo, mofo (Whatever that means) and believe me this Howie none of us knows was for sure Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh Pressure ;D

Hoist!

Holy crap! Look who came in with the cat! Not very high standards here anymore I guess! :hyst:

Nice to see ya Keyn from Keyntucky!!! Enjoy the site Keyn!!! And don't worry, we're all brothers! One gets tossed, it'll prolly be cause we ALL deserve it anyway!!! And I said Howie from NYC dammit!!! A place you'll never forget roamin up Broadway in your Bibs and Redwings!!! All's we're doin here is what we always do man! Help, learn, meet nice folks, AND RAISE A LIL HELL AND HAVE A GOOD OLE TIME!!! They've been nice enough to let us do that here too! UNTIL NOW at least!!! You might'a just tipped the scale a bit now though!!! :sink:

Hoist! :gob:
"I just want to be free! Free to ride my machine and not be hassled by the man!"

J-Carr

Great to see you here!  Welcome aboard.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin Nemo Dresser
Auburn, PA

HogBreath

Howie, I brought the class of membership up..and the toothcount down!

FLHTCUSE3

Quote from: HogBreath on February 09, 2009, 03:48:09 PM
Howie, I brought the class of membership up..and the toothcount down!

Ken, glad to see you around here.
you have had some crazy weather lately? a week ago ice ice ice and now 60 deg?
Jeff
SOA 99.9
2008 FLHTCUSE3 - V&H true duels -Rush Slipons -SERT - scissored crank