May 08, 2024, 03:34:26 AM

News:

Turn Signal Lens Question

Started by War Horse, December 20, 2012, 06:01:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

War Horse

I'm trying to get some new lens's for my 99 Ultra and the parts book gives me #68440-86 for mine, most of what I see is #69304-02.

Did the number get superceded? or do I need to stick with the -86 number ?

I'm afraid to call H-D for a price  :cry:
A clear conscience is the sign of a fuzzy memory

kik

WH, I couldn't find it on the HD sight all they had was the smoked lenses. Here's one from EBay. Not a bad price and it says free shipping on or before 12/26.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CUSTOM-CHROME-AMBER-TURN-SIGNAL-LENS-COVERS-OEM-68440-86-HARLEY-/360502898590?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item53efa5af9e

FSG

Still available from HD and cheaper than eBay

68440-86    FLAT DIRECTIONAL LAMP LENS    MRRP  4.40

War Horse

Thank you gentlemen, I'll give my dealer a call, tho they never have anything in stock, but if thats all they get for them I can wait. Mine are still in tact, just milky as heck, I didnt even notice untill I put on the new spot covers a few weeks back  :embarrassed:

truck

Can the milkiness be buffed away, like car headlights?
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

War Horse

Quote from: truck on December 20, 2012, 07:07:03 AM
Can the milkiness be buffed away, like car headlights?

Hmm, I wonder, I do have some Novus #2 fine scratch remover. Might give it a try with the orbital buffer I have floating around somewhere.

calif phil

DHD4C is the Drag # and any local MC shop should have some. 

War Horse

Thanks Phil, I wrote it down. I'll make a few calls before I try to make a mess with buffing, which will take longer to clean up then the cost of a few lens's , I really can make a mess too.  :dgust:

calif phil

Ride to KS and I will install them for free.   :chop: :smileo:

Coyote

My front ones always get pitted and dulled from riding. I use the same compound for buffing paint and buff them back to new in a few minutes.

War Horse

Got em....... Iron Horse has them for $3.00 each  :smile:  gives me an excuse to go for a ride, ya know, gotta match em up an all.  :bike: