May 05, 2024, 01:09:24 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Sagging bags

Started by flstci1, February 08, 2009, 10:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flstci1

Any experience with the various inserts for Heritage Classic saddlebags, e.g., Saggy Bags, Kamco, etc.?
Considering the Kamco system but would like to hear from other who have purchased which system and how well they worked.
Thanks.

northbrun

bought a set of "bagshapers" for my springer.. they are a one peice plastic insert that holds the shape of the bag. they work good for me i thing they have some for the heritage. the only thing is that mine have no cover suport, but the heritage bage are different so look into it.

Boss bags has the best stiffning kit, also locks, but you have to send in  to them.  www.bossbags.com
2nd choice would be Got Saggy Bags.  This one you can do yourself.  www.gotsaggybags.com
Hope this helps.
02 Heritage, 08 Ultra Classic, Mesa Arizona

reg26

zj1182

Another +1 for gotsaggybags.com. Did my Heritage bags three or four years ago.  It restored them to original shape and they've stayed good ever since, and I put a good deal of stuff in them on trips.

zj

GLFLSTCI02

I got some 3 mm ABS and made panels for the sides that fit inside the sewn seams at the bottom and ends and fit tight under the stiffener at the top. I used the same material for the lids, just formed it where the lid curves with a heatgun. The panels are installed using two coats of contact cement. You can knock on the sides and top of these bags, works a charm.

Gene
"Gee Ward, you were a little hard on the Beaver last night" June Cleaver

04fatty

What's ABS and where did you buy it?

FirstHD

Like Northburn I bought the bagshapers system off of EBAY and it works well. Mine came with the peices for the top lid as well. Made out of ABS and they look fine. Works well and only minutes to install the bottom parts. 

northbrun

most major cities ave Plastic supliers. check out te yellow pages. what you need is black ABS sheet about 1/8 thick if you want to cut your own. most will cut smaller than a full sheet.

GLFLSTCI02

I got the ABS from a plastics supplier in Toronto, they sold it in 1/4 sheets. It cost about 18.00 bucks.

Gene
"Gee Ward, you were a little hard on the Beaver last night" June Cleaver