May 08, 2024, 05:36:53 AM

News:

103,54H..Thundermax or TTS?

Started by 103phatboy07, December 22, 2012, 03:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

103phatboy07

So I am going to swtich cams on my ride. I currently am running a 103 with a 255 cam, exhaust and high flow. I am going to swithc to the 54H. I believe this to be a better cam choice for my riding style...that and hot starts and pinging are not fun. Anyways back on topic, I have athundermax with auto tune already installed and am pretty familiar with how it works...however I see that there is no given map for the 54H. That being said, would it still be possible to get a decent tune out of the thundermax by using another map or would switching to the TTS and using its capabilities to Tune be more beneficial? I am also debating maybe pulling the heads and putting on a .03 gasket and comp releases. I do not have easy access to a tuner which is why I am going this route as well....any info would be great...thanks!

burgies08ultra

why not go with s&s easy start cams, then no comp releases needed...
thats my plan.. 570's in my 2009 road king...
burgie
2013 road glide,2009 road king

Steve Cole

While I would love to see you switch to the TTS unit what you have should be capable of getting the job done. See about sending a PM to Mayor here on the site and he may have a starting map that would be close for what your looking to do with the ThunderMax.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

HogBag

The 54h loves 10.1 comp so while the heads are off have them street ported CC'd and decked for 10.1. My 54 cam build came on strong around 2600 RPM. 

Eleft36

This is a fairly new one #865.
It can't hurt to give it a try.
My 103 with 26H runs well with it.
Al
103" SE BB Andrews 26H's 2010 110" mufflers
Ride every chance I get, above 36*f

103phatboy07

so I messed up in my orignal post. I am leaning towards the 57H cam...not the 54...my bad  :crook:

redmtrckl

The 54's and T-Max in my 2007 96" run perfect so I would think the 57's in a 103 would be about the same.
Yes! I am an Infidel.
And proud of it!

Admiral Akbar

If you have trouble getting ahold of mayor PM me and I'll get you his cell phone number..

Max

strokerjlk

Quote from: Max Headflow on December 24, 2012, 04:36:52 PM
If you have trouble getting ahold of mayor PM me and I'll get you his cell phone number..

Max
ROTFLMAO
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

1FSTRK

Mayor has helped more than a few here with the T-max
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

mayor

Quote from: 103phatboy07 on December 23, 2012, 04:18:26 PM
so I messed up in my original post. I am leaning towards the 57H cam...not the 54...my bad  :crook:
I think you should just run the map that you have now, let the autotune dial in the fuel, and then make timing tweaks as needed. 

you are too kind Max.   :teeth:
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions